1998 Subaru Impreza

Based on 261 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

good car but pricing is not fair

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Awesome car handles corners great"

Cons: "Not really any cons"

"I think these cars should be priced higher. We the people that own subarus. know that these cars keep going and going."

I love my subaru

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I've owned the impreza for 12 years. It is the most dependable car I've ever owned. It takes me skiing no problem - the all wheel drive is terrific. I can't believe after 12 years that it has retained value as well as it has. Over the 12 years I've owned it it cost me $1,200 per year (purchase price less current value)."

if only they built more cars like this

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"in 2000, i searched for almost 2 months for my 4-dr blue 5-speed 2.5rs...it was worth the search now i think about it. they didn't make a lot of these 4-dr blue rs back then...so i search almost the entire state of california for it...when i finally found one in the south, i didn't think and just grabbed it. i still think it is the coolest looking design for this car...most importantly, i have over 148k miles on it and only regular maintenance and a new clutch, brakes, etc. i am sad i just have to sell it as i don't drive it much anymore. i will definitely miss it. but i have photos to keep at the very least."

Subarus are the greatest automobiles. Great value.

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

"This is the third Subaru I have owned. I just love these cars. Very reliable."

Little AWD Beast

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "driving excitement, versatility, AWD, practicality"

Cons: "fuel economy, road noise"

"I own a 1998 Subaru Impreza Outback, and have for a little more than eight months. It's been an excellent car. Except for a slight oil leak onto the engine manifold that leads to a smell at idle, the car has been perfectly reliable. The fuel economy and the ride quality are the only downsides so far. I get about 22 MPG in mixed driving, and have never got above 26 MPG even on long trips. This is decent, but I can see why these weren't more popular when they came out: fuel economy matters. Some of the plastic bits are rattly and, with the bad roads, I generally have to raise my voice to be heard at highway speeds. I have some excellent 80k-rated Michelin tires, but these have added to the road noise. I bought the car from a used dealer for about $1k less than the KBB excellent rating. It needed some rust work and a new strut tower, but besides that, this has been an excellent, gutsy little car. Is it really an offroader? No, it's a subcompact, but I've literally climbed mountains in it. It's a little cramped in the back seat, but the cargo room is great. On my twice-annual cross-continental college odyssey it performs excellently. A great first car."