1997 Subaru Impreza

Based on 257 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

I love this car!

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Cons: "Only 1 cup holder--need at least 2!"

"I have had this car for 10 years-just turned over 200K miles. Probably put less than $2,000 in repairs excluding oil changes and routine care. Reliable, zippy, and still pretty cute after all these years. I have taken road trips, hauled about 5 ton of landscape block (not all at once), and it is perfect for my dogs. I have hauled lumber,trees,ladders and multiple things with my kayak racks that fit on the Subaru roof rack. My best car ever! Shooting for 300K now!!"

Absolutely the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "All of the above."

Cons: "none!"

"Reliable, sturdy, good fuel mileage (24+ MPG in town), no major problems, plenty of power and pick-up, drives very well, excellent breaking, smooth automatic transmission and good visibility all around."

Fun, responsive, stable and unique looks.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Quick, Fun, Agile, Reliable, Safe."

Cons: "Cheap Interior and 22-26mpg"

"First off, when buying a Subaru make sure you know its history because where its from and how the previous owners drove it will change how it treats you. IE I bought mine as a California car that had spent a few years owned by a member of the military who had taken it with him to Iceland and it came back with a problem i don't normally deal with.. a rusty undercarriage. Not only that but he was more of a "import tuner" than i would have liked a discovery made by the fact that it had an aftermarket clutch with a pedal that was far more firm than the brake pedal and after having owned the car for 3 weeks and it popped a head-gasket. 6 months after that the clutch finally annoyed me enough that i moved to change it and that is when the rust on the bottom of the car caused havoc. I broke more than my fair share of bolts getting the transmission out and ended up spending more money than i would have like replacing parts that normally would not need to be replaced. Getting to my point... 1- When buying a Subaru do your best to gauge the previous owner and his habits. 2- be wary of cars kept in the snow for part of its life as no matter how good the previous owner claims to have kept it, you will run into problem. --- After that the car has been stellar with no repairs needed for the past 2 years."

I love my subaru

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I've owned the impreza for 12 years. It is the most dependable car I've ever owned. It takes me skiing no problem - the all wheel drive is terrific. I can't believe after 12 years that it has retained value as well as it has. Over the 12 years I've owned it it cost me $1,200 per year (purchase price less current value)."

RELIABLE

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"This has been the most ridiculously reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I am at 317k miles and have had zero problems with the car other than regular service items and regular wear a tear. The 2.2 with the 4 spd automatic provide a good dose of power with bullet proof dependapbility."