1996 Subaru Impreza

Based on 260 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

Beyond Incredible!!!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "NEVER breaks down and great mileage!"

"Going on 350K and still running strong! Most incredible car I have ever owned. I can't recomend it enough! Best car on the market!!"

Awesome Subaru!!!! Second Subi I've owned!!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Handles like a dream, quick, and stylish."

Cons: "Interior could be a little more nicer."

"I bought this 200 Impreza RS 2.5 in December 2011. I paid $6500 for it with just over 93K on the odometer. I have always wanted this specific model Subaru, but could never find one in decent condition for a good price. I previously owned a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT (Turbo), and loved it as well, but I wanted the RS 2.5. I have no complaints about this car. It will run on regular unleaded gas, but I choose to put midgrade unleaded in it just to take care of the engine. I've been able to get 360 miles out of one tank of gas on city driving (mostly highway miles). This is probably the most reliable car I have ever owned and for being an N/A car, it gets up and goes when needed! My only complaint is that Subaru could have splurged a bit more with the interior as the seats are of a cheap cloth material. But that will change when I swap in a set of WRX seats. Awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

None Better

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Awesome. Period. I bought my 1-owner '93 5-speed from a couple with 52,000 miles & now have 145,000. The AWD is flawless. Can you go rock-crawling? No, and I wouldn't want to. Has this car gotten me home in many a blizzard? Always. I went right to "bumper-to-bumper" synthetics when I purchased, so I expect to get 300,000 out of her. AWD, A/C, power windows & locks, and 30 MPG on the highway! Can't ask for more than that."

Sweeeeeeet

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"I purchased my Sube in January of 1998 and have loved driving it almost every minute. I'm rough on the car and have replaced the tranny and the timing chain broke unexpectedly which caused some spendy damage, but over the life of the car I definitely feel like I got my money's worth and then some. I'll never forget the smiles my brother and I couldn't get off of our faces as we FLEW around an ice racetrack on a frozen Wisconsin lake...throwing up snow from all 4 tires and drifting around the sweeping corners as ice fishermen and snowmobilers watched in amazement that "some maniac" would be driving a sports car through 4" of powdery snow around a track. Absolutely one of the best memories of my life! I'll also never forget the memories of driving from Colorado to Wisconsin after a Nebraska ice storm. A Jeep Cherokee driving 30 mph down a highway lost control and swerved into a snowbank on the side of the road, yet less than a minute later (after getting past the snowplow dropping salt on the road) I eased the pedal down until the speedometer hit 60 and cruised right along on my new Blizzaks with my all-wheel drive. What a great car!! I'll be buying a new vehicle soon and saying goodbye to the Sube, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend this car to a friend or family member."

Absolutely the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "All of the above."

Cons: "none!"

"Reliable, sturdy, good fuel mileage (24+ MPG in town), no major problems, plenty of power and pick-up, drives very well, excellent breaking, smooth automatic transmission and good visibility all around."