1996 Subaru Impreza

Based on 252 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

Best Car Ever!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Seats are not the best for long road trips"

"The Subaru 2.5 RS is an amazing vehicle. I have absolutely loved driving it. The responsiveness is fantastic and I get compliments on the car all the time. You will not be disappointed."

the most reliable AWD car i,ve ever had

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

"a very reliable car even at a high mileage.. only thing it starts rusting at the wheel well which is minor and sucks more oil than an average car so check oil level regularly."

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Daily beater, great drive, 211K still going strong"

Cons: "nothing"

"I just recently got my first Subie and I already like it. I was going do the slick road, there was a moose crossing the road so I stepped on the brakes. The moose ran away, but I ended up in the ditch. I was going pretty fast so what happened was my Subie jumped over the bump of hard snow that it took head-on. I ended up on the other side of the bump so backing up isn't an option (Even though I tried it, proved unsuccessful) The good part - Ahead of me is someones front yard, well, didn't wanna call the tow truck - cause he wouldn't be able to help. I did a *burnout* in 1.5 ft deep snow and drove probly 30 yds through 1.5 -2 ft snow. The guy has some kind of bumps in his front yard, probly for dirtbikes/fourwheelers. My Subie drove up and down the bumps with all that snow. When I got to the guys driveway, there was a big bump of snow also, except this one wasnt that hard. After getting back on the road, I found that my front bumper took a piece of wood right on the edge of the fog light cover thing, also my rear bumper was torn off - holding on one clip - probly on the first hard bump, and also my clutch burned halfway, but I still got to the place I was going, and then back home, drived a total of about 25 miles before I noticed that I was revving my engine to drive 25 mph. Got a new clutch kit, attached the rear bumper, and still drive it. For all the haters out there - this Subaru had all stock components, no turbo, no "cool" upgrades during that snow dive. Did two full services, and its running strong, speedbumps, gravel roads, 2 ft deep snow - it takes it all quickly and head on, people complain about slow when going to pass - since mine is manual, i just downshift it and get more power that way..."

Wonderful, reliable, comfortable, fun to drive

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, peppy, reliable, roomy"

Cons: "Minor."

"Love the way it drives. Direct, peppy, great MPG. Extremely few repairs until about 120,000 mi. Had extensive work done on engine then and a new clutch. Driving great since. It's been a great car. Only complaints: somewhat disappointing interior quality. Gear ratio not great (shifting smoothly has always taken some thought). Cruise control died. Some electric difficulties. But it goes and goes and goes. The interior space is amazing. Many trips with 3 dogs and baggage with room to spare. A fun, reliable, cost-effective car."

Great car, it just keeps running!

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "All-around, All-weather car! Good milage!"

Cons: "A little noisy at highway speeds, passing power."

"This is the ultimate all-around car! I purchased this used from the local Subaru dealer about five years ago. It was second-hand with about 45,000 miles. I have driven this car daily in all kinds of weather, from 100F+ to -20F. It starts, it runs, it handles and drives very well. It averages 21 MPG in town, and 28 MPG on the highway. I have driven it in snow, ice, and slush that left full-size SUVs stuck. The Subaru just plugs on through! You can fit an amazing amount of gear or cargo in this car. I guess my only complaints are fairly minor. It is a little noisy at highway speeds, not so much the engine or drive train, but wind noise. The other small complaint is that it seems to be a little under-powered for passing. Power in most other situations seems to be more than adequate. I love this car!"

See if you qualify for