1995 Subaru Impreza

Based on 258 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

Fun, responsive, stable and unique looks.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Quick, Fun, Agile, Reliable, Safe."

Cons: "Cheap Interior and 22-26mpg"

"First off, when buying a Subaru make sure you know its history because where its from and how the previous owners drove it will change how it treats you. IE I bought mine as a California car that had spent a few years owned by a member of the military who had taken it with him to Iceland and it came back with a problem i don't normally deal with.. a rusty undercarriage. Not only that but he was more of a "import tuner" than i would have liked a discovery made by the fact that it had an aftermarket clutch with a pedal that was far more firm than the brake pedal and after having owned the car for 3 weeks and it popped a head-gasket. 6 months after that the clutch finally annoyed me enough that i moved to change it and that is when the rust on the bottom of the car caused havoc. I broke more than my fair share of bolts getting the transmission out and ended up spending more money than i would have like replacing parts that normally would not need to be replaced. Getting to my point... 1- When buying a Subaru do your best to gauge the previous owner and his habits. 2- be wary of cars kept in the snow for part of its life as no matter how good the previous owner claims to have kept it, you will run into problem. --- After that the car has been stellar with no repairs needed for the past 2 years."

I love my subaru

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I've owned the impreza for 12 years. It is the most dependable car I've ever owned. It takes me skiing no problem - the all wheel drive is terrific. I can't believe after 12 years that it has retained value as well as it has. Over the 12 years I've owned it it cost me $1,200 per year (purchase price less current value)."

RELIABLE

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"This has been the most ridiculously reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I am at 317k miles and have had zero problems with the car other than regular service items and regular wear a tear. The 2.2 with the 4 spd automatic provide a good dose of power with bullet proof dependapbility."

None Better

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Awesome. Period. I bought my 1-owner '93 5-speed from a couple with 52,000 miles & now have 145,000. The AWD is flawless. Can you go rock-crawling? No, and I wouldn't want to. Has this car gotten me home in many a blizzard? Always. I went right to "bumper-to-bumper" synthetics when I purchased, so I expect to get 300,000 out of her. AWD, A/C, power windows & locks, and 30 MPG on the highway! Can't ask for more than that."

Sweeeeeeet

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"I purchased my Sube in January of 1998 and have loved driving it almost every minute. I'm rough on the car and have replaced the tranny and the timing chain broke unexpectedly which caused some spendy damage, but over the life of the car I definitely feel like I got my money's worth and then some. I'll never forget the smiles my brother and I couldn't get off of our faces as we FLEW around an ice racetrack on a frozen Wisconsin lake...throwing up snow from all 4 tires and drifting around the sweeping corners as ice fishermen and snowmobilers watched in amazement that "some maniac" would be driving a sports car through 4" of powdery snow around a track. Absolutely one of the best memories of my life! I'll also never forget the memories of driving from Colorado to Wisconsin after a Nebraska ice storm. A Jeep Cherokee driving 30 mph down a highway lost control and swerved into a snowbank on the side of the road, yet less than a minute later (after getting past the snowplow dropping salt on the road) I eased the pedal down until the speedometer hit 60 and cruised right along on my new Blizzaks with my all-wheel drive. What a great car!! I'll be buying a new vehicle soon and saying goodbye to the Sube, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend this car to a friend or family member."