1994 Subaru Impreza

Based on 258 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

Great car, AWD, 30mpg!

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "AWD, Great MPG, Seats 5, Cheap car, Reliable"

Cons: "Small power drop with ac on"

"This is the best used car i have had yet. It gets great gas mileage for the age of the car. Strong engine, I have over 200k miles on it and it still runs great. The best MPG i have got so far is 29.68 and i get 27.09 on average and i don't drive easy on the gas peddle. I haven't had any major problems with it yet. It does awesome in the snow. I had bad tires on it last winter and slid down into a ditch but the car just came right out of it with no problem. The same night i pulled a big heavy car up a hill it was stuck on and then had some fun plowing right through piled up snow that was blocking my path to get a co worker home after work. The snow was piled about 3ft high but the snow was not too heavy at that point. Subaru's AWD system is awesome. I know allot of it has to do with the driver but i have seen these cars outdo jeeps in the snow. I just moved to the hills of WV and for it being a 4 cylinder it does great on the hills, even with the ac on!"

Incredibley Dependable Car

By on Monday, May 14, 2012

Pros: "fun,exciting,realible,fast."

Cons: "Wheel bearings"

"My subaru Imprezza outback sport is just AWESOME. Unfortunatly i will have to retire it soon as because of new york weather it's body has seen better days but with over 306000 miles i will say she is ready but it still runs incredible but the body is apparently undressing itself now lol. I would so recommend this veichle."

Excellent

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"I bought this with about 165k mi and it was about 13 years old. I have never owned a more reliable car."

bought it new, never looked back

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"i bought this car new in 1997. it's at 160,000 miles and going strong. my mechanic said that he saw one break 300,000 - i'm hoping mine is wih me that long. no major issues, a few odd minor issues. as mentioned in another review, the "check engine" light has come on a few times with nothing found wrong. it resolved itself, apparently. also, the headlights have a feature that they turn off when the car is turned off - which is a good thing since i had a 2 month period when the lever on the dash wouldn't turn them off. again, resolved itself. weird. i have taken this car through deep snow, mud, over roads rated 4WD with high clearance only, etc, and she keeps getting me out of trouble. the back seat doesn't have a ton of space and i always wished for slightly bigger wheels. also, at altitude she doesn't motor up hills with authority. i like that subaru puts a slightly larger 2.5 liter engine into it's comparable cars now. this car has been great for me and all my gear and my dog and .... i love it."

Snowcar

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Guess it HAD to have a coffee holder"

"It is fun to drive. This model is the same design as the 3 time World Rally Cross winning cars. It is put together properly. Easy to service. Interior is serviceable but nothing special."