1994 Subaru Impreza

Based on 252 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

Snowcar

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Guess it HAD to have a coffee holder"

"It is fun to drive. This model is the same design as the 3 time World Rally Cross winning cars. It is put together properly. Easy to service. Interior is serviceable but nothing special."

Great car, AWD, 30mpg!

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "AWD, Great MPG, Seats 5, Cheap car, Reliable"

Cons: "Small power drop with ac on"

"This is the best used car i have had yet. It gets great gas mileage for the age of the car. Strong engine, I have over 200k miles on it and it still runs great. The best MPG i have got so far is 29.68 and i get 27.09 on average and i don't drive easy on the gas peddle. I haven't had any major problems with it yet. It does awesome in the snow. I had bad tires on it last winter and slid down into a ditch but the car just came right out of it with no problem. The same night i pulled a big heavy car up a hill it was stuck on and then had some fun plowing right through piled up snow that was blocking my path to get a co worker home after work. The snow was piled about 3ft high but the snow was not too heavy at that point. Subaru's AWD system is awesome. I know allot of it has to do with the driver but i have seen these cars outdo jeeps in the snow. I just moved to the hills of WV and for it being a 4 cylinder it does great on the hills, even with the ac on!"

My first car, best bang for your buck

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "afordable, lots of aftermarket custom options : )"

Cons: "no pass through from cab to trunk"

"Bought the car for $2,300 from private owner in 2002 with 112,000 miles on it. They were the first owner, and were owned other Subaru cars a well. The owners kept real good care of keeping up service records. It was their daughters and aside from a dent in the drivers side fender and broken passenger visor the car was in excelent shape with no rust. The car's ride and power have always been solid even though its a 1.8 liter. I've had no issues. Because the car uses struts the ride is firm, but that also allows turn and directional manuvering to be very sharp and exact. The enterior is true to the times of its model year. Not many soft touch surfaces, more hard plastics, but fixed that with a custom dash cover. The seats are plush, but not attractive, but nothing a seat cover cant fix. The enterior of my car is tan and exterior winter white. I was disapointed that this model didnt come with a pass through to the trunk. What made this car attractive to me is that, even though it was stock in every way, the body type had not changed from 1993 all the way to 1999. I had always wanted a Subaru Impreza 2.5 rs 98'. With just switching out the hood, the headlights, the grill, and front bumper. Tot $350. I made this car look 5 years younger. That was just in the first year of owning it. As of late I've given it a new aftermarket rear bumper and a rally style spoiler on the trunk lid so it looks like a Subaru WRX STI from 01' model year. This car has so many potentual aftermarket modifications avalaible. I have and still do recomend this car to everyone, because they are light, afordable, all wheele drive, excelent and fun in snow, ice, and dirt. Its a fun little car to drive. The turning radious is amazing! Its my daily driver and I smile everytime Im in the drivers seat."

Worst electrical system ever!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Engine, fun to drive, cute"

Cons: "Electrical system"

"This car runs fine, holds up well, is quite cute, but has more electrical problems than I've ever seen. I've spent over $10,000 replacing a computer, and various other electrical issues."

Great car, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, handles good, will go anywhere"

Cons: "none its a great car"

"I've got a 97 Impreza L with the 2.2l motor. It is a fast little car and does great in the snow. I bought mine just before the winter so I got some time to get used to it before the winter but when winter came along I got to have some fun in my Subie. My car has never lost complete control when driving in the snow, although there was some times where I got it side ways for fun. But over all this car preformes really well and I don't see it quiting on me any time soon. I also plan to buy a newer verison once my current one dies and I get the money. other wise I'm just going to stick with my current one."