2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,395 - $22,962.

10/7.4

8.1

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

The best car we've ever owned

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Looks great and has excellent engineering."

Cons: "Wife always takes the car."

"We've had a host of different makes of cars (VW, BMW, Dodge, Chrysler, Ford, Chevy, Toyota). This Subaru is an "honest" car - no glitz, nothing fancy. The 250 hp turbo is awesome, and the suspension gives you real contact with the road. It is bright inside, with great visibility. The best thing about this car is that it does not look like a Subaru, which has made fairly ugly cars for years. The Forester 2.0 XT get looks everywhere it goes. Have not driven it in snow or off road yet, but expect it to handle extremely well. The only problem is that my wife rarely lets me drive it, rather leaving her BMW in the driveway instead."

awesome car

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

"Pluses: roomy; good gas mileage @ 27 mpg combined; excellent visibility from the driver's position; huge panoramic sunroof; strong off-the-line acceleration, especially in sport+ mode; great handling; adaptive cruise works as advertised Minuses: navigation is horrible; requires premium fuel for best performance"

Great Car to Own -- traded 2014 for 201

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "Good gas milage. Looks nice. Lock button on lift g"

Cons: "Driver's seat comfort.. see review."

"2015 Model gets a better gas mileage than 2014. Long distance driving gets a bit tiring as I am 6'2" and to reach the steering wheel comfortably I need to move seat forward a bit, which cramps my legs a bit. For local short drives seat back all the way is okay. The driver seat hits my back a little wrong and I have to use a small pillow in the seat gap. Could use a cargo compartment light. I do like being able to lock the auto w/ a button on the lift gate (do not have to fumble for key fob when I exit)."

"Love" my 2014 Subaru Forester!

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, safe"

"Excellent gas mileage, very comfy leather heated seats, great visibility!!! Handles well in snow... Plows on through with no effort. Driving is relaxed and makes you feel safe especially in heavy traffic. Peppy enough for the highway. Sunroof...WOW...open the windows and catch the breeze or lay back and gaze at the stars. Only thing missing is a factory installed satellite radio, but a satellite vehicle kit serves the purpose."

Awesome gas mileage for an SUV and great work car!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice driving, great gas mileage, and legroom."

Cons: "Could use a cargo light in the back."

"Great driving vehicle and I am impressed by the fuel economy! Never thought I would be averaging 28 MPG around town in an SUV. Was at first skeptical of CVT, but liked its feel during the test drive and it didn't feel much different than a traditional automatic. 2.5L flat 4 has plenty of power for passing and merging on the short on notoriously short on ramps that New York's parkways are famous for. Was happy to see the Allow Wheel Package come out in 2015, and it had everything I wanted for a work car(roof racks, CVT, seat protectors, bumper guards, all weather floor mats) without excessive frills. Base radio has great sound, and noise filtering on AM that cuts down on the static. Bluetooth, ability to play music off USB jump drive, and auxiliary 1/8" input(for daughter's Ipod) make it a great system. Also, there is an extra 12V socket for your GPS. One of the biggest selling points, however, is the very roomy back seat which gives my teenagers plenty of leg room. Towing capacity is limited to 1500lbs, but I was able to easily install an aftermarket hitch, to mount my Thule bike rack."

VERY DISAPPOINTED

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"My entire family has had subarus. I bought this one when our child was born hoping to keep it until she was in her teenage years. I have had several issues with it burning oil. Dealership has been unhelpful. Subaru has been helpful. Now looking to offload it and will not be buying a Subaru again."

Wonderfull vehicle

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Great 34mpg/ 25 mpg AWD. good power, visability"

Cons: "center console to deep."

First day at its new home

"I have a 2014 forester with 7600 miles. I purchased the car new 1 year ago to this exact day. I am 6o years old and have owned 50 or more cars in my life. I have to say this car is tops. The price was great, Love the AWD, the 175 HP with CVT is all the power you need. I also have two dogs and my Wife and I travel some so there is all the room we need including the dogs. The HWY milage is 32-34 MPG and around town 23-25MPG. Set the cruse at a reasonable speed on the interstate and hitting 34 MPG is easy. Nothing has broken, just change the oil and rotate the tires. The oil is completely synthetic, no using the cheap stuff. The only complaint is the center console. The storage compartment is to deep, hard to see into without a flashlight. Otherwise Great ride."

First day at its new home

great vehicle,vision is teriffic,comfort ride

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Trouble free car,good mileage,comfort ride &vision"

Cons: "Lots of room and storage."

"reason for selling. wife and I are no longer working. No need for two cars. Wife has new Lexus."

Excellent Vehicle that checks off all of the boxes

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Value, features, mileage, seating position."

Cons: "Can't think of anything"

"I recently purchased my Subaru Forester Limited after being in a serious car accident that totaled my Honda Civic Si. It caused me to reevaluate my driving style and priorities as I'm the father of a 9 year-old daughter. I was immediately impressed by the IIHS crash/safety ratings as well as the review by Consumer Reports. Quite simply---in the eyes of the those entities the vehicle is extremely safe and the top of its class. I've been extremely satisfied with the vehicle post-purchase for many reasons. The driving position and outward views are very good. I routinely am able to get 26 mpg in city driving and much, much better on the road---34 to 36 is quite obtainable and I've even reached 42 driving merely the speed limit on flat stretches. The CVT takes some getting used to and as a automotive enthusiast I was resigned to the fact that it was an ends to a means. Surprisingly, the CVT yields not only good mileage but also quite reasonable performance. It keeps the engine always in the sweet spot of the torque curve. I opted for the Limited trim model because I intend to have the vehicle for quite some time and I'm glad that I did. The Harman Kardon sound system is fantastic. Very good response across the sound spectrum and very good bass without a dedicated subwoofer. The navigation system works just fine and the rest of the electronics have performed well and without incident---although I confess that I've not taken the time to use the voice-activated features. Bluetooth for the cellphone seems to be fine for me for now. The rear seat features lots of space for my little one and her occasional friend. The general fit and finish of the vehicle is also quite good. The All Wheel Drive system is well-known with Subarus and performs well....always able to get power down without wheel slippage and this must also help acceleration which again, is quite serviceable. It's hard to believe that an SUV with AWD can consistently obtain such good mileage. Also--keep in mind that it takes regular gasoline. I've found that on average I get better mileage than when I was driving (albeit much faster) my 6 speed Civic Si. Couple that with using regular (87) gasoline vs. premium (93) and savings abound. The Subaru Forester is not the sexiest automotive purchase that you will make. I could have purchased a similarly sized SUV from a luxury brand that would have cost 15k to 20k more. But why? For $31,500 out the door with tax, tag--everything---you get a vehicle that is safe, practical, reliable and an incredible value. I never thought that I'd buy an SUV. I could not be more pleased with my purchase."

Best Forester Ever!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "A great mix of safety, quality, comfort and value."

Cons: "No heated steering wheel or remote start included."

"Compared to my wife's 2011 Forester Premium model, my 2015 Touring (no nav or eyesight): A quieter, roomier and far more comfortable cabin with excellent visibility. HK amps/speakers with outstanding imaging and tonal quality Keyless entry. Remote/push button rear hatch. CVT takes getting use to but offers adequate power and excellent gas mileage. Improved sun visors with pullout extenders and darker window tinting. Only negative is ride quality. Less car like. More SUV like. No one in my family finds ride quality intolerable. Ride varies with different surfaces so test drive as you would normally drive it. If you want the ride of a luxury sedan, buy a luxury sedan. Suggested improvements: Heated steering wheel Remove / relocate rear hatch opening adjustment button Include remote start Overall, the folks at Consumer Reports and Motor Trend got it right based on my time behind the wheel,"