2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,791 - $23,358.

10/7.4

8.2

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

My wife and I love this car

By on Friday, June 07, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Still trying to think of one!"

"Have you seen the offset crash tests? 2014 Forester aced it. This is my wife's car; I feel good about her safety! This is a well engineered and built car. We bought the Ice Silver Metallic with platinum cloth interior; absolutely beautiful . Mileage as advertised, 27 city, 32 or more highway. Roomier than you can imagine for its class, quiet, great ride and responsiveness. Best of all is the visibility especially with the sky roof. Can't wait for the first road trip! Now I know what they mean by saying "Love is what makes a Subaru a Subaru.""

Best Subaru I have driven

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, visibility, safe road manners"

Cons: "Hard to find ext. colors, light gray interior"

"I have had this vehicle for a little over 2 months and am considering buying another one - one that I will get to drive. I have put a little over 1000 miles on it and now must turn it over to a younger driver. It passes all the requirements and gives me a feeling of comfort that the younger driver will be safe. The interior looks ok - light gray seats are a concern for soda spills - so I will 'scotchguard' and hope for the best.. Sound system is kind of ho hum - but I didn't get the radio upgrade (maybe next time - at least for me..). Visibility is great - sitting high enough but not truck like. I am astounded with the gas mileage. I was concerned when I picked up at the dealer (127 miles on odometer) with an average 24 mpg on the indicator. I traded in an Impreza that averaged 35 mpg so I get more vehicle & better positioning. Filling up at 450 miles I calculated mpg at 32 mpg. Feeling better I zeroed out the gages and took off. Second tank of gas lasted 490 miles and the mpg indicator said 36 mpg. I calculated 37.2 mpg. Very impressed with the efficiency. Not crazy about the CVT transmission. It is what it is. It is tons better than the earlier CVT in the 2 year old Impreza. You can adjust and the only real objection will be when you first get in for the first time - or get in a hurry and zoom from the light unexpectedly. I have cars that are 'zoom-zoom' fun, trucks that are 'built like a rock', and while I am happy with their execution of their intended purposes, the Forester is a star. Not the quietest vehicle on the road - chip/seal surfaces come thru loud and clear. A little transmission 'hum' that you will notice on long drives (use the volume knob on the sound system and you won't notice it). Quieter than the 'zoom-zoom' car... I feel safe, I get great mpg, great visibility. I hope it lasts 10 years. After the Impreza (not a car I would recommend), I am again a Subaru fan."

Excellent for multiple uses!

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Steady at speed and comfortable. Sitting upright."

Cons: "A little pricey but worth it."

"This is the first Subaru we've owned. Had a number of mid-suv's but this 2014 tops 'em all. It is quite quiet on the road and the 4-cylinder with (my favorite item) the CVT is a combo that never seems strained at any speed. It feels safe turning corners, in the snow and ice and if you pay close attention you can feel the Forester making adjustments to complete the slide safely in the turn. With the backseats down, ample space to carry all we need to. We have another vehicle (2010 sedan - not a Subaru) with around 26K miles while our 2014 Forester has around 28k miles - - which indicates how much we drive it regardless where we're going. Couple of 'lower notes': You have to get used to the electric steering. Not the road feel I like to have. The folks riding in the back seat complain about not sitting upright enough - some had sore backs on long trips (folks were over 55 of age). During VERY cold weather on the highway, cold air is lightly blowing on my left knee while I'm driving. Took me awhile to figure its was coming through the inside door handle. Maybe could use more insulation? Radio is so-so. Would get the upgrade next time. Mileage: Reported combo is 28 mpg. Over all, that's pretty accurate. Uses more gas in the winter time but better in the summer. In summer,usually get around 33 mpg with a 15-ish tail wind bucking the same wind around 27 at Interstate speeds. In other words its mileage is very susceptible to wind speeds. In the winter, subtract about 4 mpg from each. But remember, it has full time four wheel drive. So, not a mileage problem in my estimation. Will get another in the future and will replace our 2010 sedan with a Legacy ... soon."

GOOD BUT SOME WEAK POINTS

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, room, reliability, affordable."

Cons: "Tires, radio, black dashboard, dark gauges, carpet"

"I live in way South Georgia and my Forester is white with light interior except for the huge black dashboard. Often when the sun hits the dash you can feel the heat rolling right up over the AC and into your face. Light colored dashboards please. The radio interface is poor and sometimes the bluetooth works and sometime it doesn't. When playing songs from my phone through the bluetooth it gives no info about the song like most newer car systems do. I lost one of the Jokeahama tires at 10K and an exact replacement would have been almost $300. For about double that I bought four brand new tires with a road hazard guarantee and they are much quieter. Subaru rated this Forestsr as needing an H speed tire (130 MPH) and they are hard to come by and expensive. No tire dealers would sell me T speed tires (118 MPH) which are less expensive with a lot bigger selection. The new tires are much quieter. The gauges on the dash are way down in a dark recess, I can't see much of anything down there with my sunglasses on. The basic black carpet is very nappy and everything sticks to it like Velcro. Very hard to clean as you need a powerful vacuum and a brush to get grass and stuff off of it."

15K on back roads - still going great!

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "AWD - Visibility - Turning radius - Easy to wash"

Cons: "Backup camera not standard on base - yet."

"I use my base 2014 Forester 2.5i delivering mail on the kind of roads you see in commercials, about 1K miles each week. No complaints or compliments on the ride, handling or options. Everything works fine. The AWD system is the best drivetrain I have ever driven on slick, rutted, muddy roads. No other vehicle has ever come close (I spend a lot of time on these kinds of roads). Visibility is much better than most vehicles. Gas mileage matches ratings but skyrockets up to near 40mpg if you can keep your speed 50mph or lower. Turning radius is very tight making manuevering tight places simple and fun (this is a bigger plus than a one line mention). Radio is average but adding a small powered subwoofer under the passenger seat makes it as good as any factory stereo. My use for the Forester is strictly utility. For family use, I would buy the Premium model which has many nice features for not much more money."