• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,350 - $22,981.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 14 15 16 | Next

Great visibility and very comfortable

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Incrediblity versatile vehcile"

Cons: "None to think of."

Green Subaru

"I have been test driving cars for 3 years trying to find the right one. When I tested the 2014 Forester, I knew this was the car. I love the great visibility and the looks of the interior and exterior (I bought a green Limited). The backup camera is great. Excellent leg room for back seat passengers (I'm tall and so is my family and many of my friends.) As for the seats, they are extremely comfortable, I have the light gray leather - I could use them as livingroom chairs. I do drive on bumpy steep dirt roads to access great hiking. The X-mode is really nice, it almost drives the car for you. This is a car you can take off road and to nicest country clubs and feel right at home. Lots of really nice options on it - like reclining rear seats, fuel comsumption displays, integrated bluetooth with excellent sound quality and mircrophones."

Green Subaru

love it!

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive; handling; visibility; AWD; MPG"

Cons: "could be smoother on frost heaves... ;-)"

"I've been looking for the a small suv/cuv for the last two years, driving everything in this class and I'm am so glad I waited. It is comfortable, great MPG, peppy, easy to drive, and with terrific visibility - even on multi-lane highways in heavy traffic."

Be sure to take it on an extended test drive!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, peppy, good handling & mpg"

Cons: "The seats can cause physical leg and back pain!"

"If you can tolerate the seats, you'll love this vehicle. I'd been test driving cars for a couple of months and finally took my wife out to test drive the cars I liked best. We got into the new 2014 Forester 2.5i and she LOVED it just like me! Quiet, responsive handling, smooth ride, and nicely equipped. Luckily we took it on an extended test drive instead of just around the block. After 20 minutes our legs and backs were feeling uncomfortable. After 40 minutes it was just downright painful. The seats are too short, too narrow, and the passenger seat is too high! (my wife also felt like the driver's seat was leaning to the left, which I had never noticed.) We were so disappointed since we loved every other aspect of the vehicle. Afterwards I searched the internet and found that Subaru seats have caused back and leg pain in hundreds of customers. Some of them lost thousands of dollars because they had to sell or trade it in for a new car because they couldn't tolerate the seats. So make sure to take it on an extended test drive. Come on Subaru! Listen to your customers! People shouldn't have to find after market solutions to seating discomfort in a brand new vehicle!"

Big step up from previous Foresters

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Refined, nice to drive, well engineered"

Cons: "Hard seat bottoms, small nav icons"

"A thoroughly refined XT from past models: Ride's firm without being harsh and free from rear end pogo/rattles. More precise handling and less lean in turns. Interior offers many soft touch surfaces and fine fit/finish. HVAC and main controls easy to use, though navigation screen icons are small and easily missed. Useful vehicle status screen shows many aspects of car performance and has limited message programming. X-Mode reduces tire spin on slippery surfaces. Much lower noise levels on all but the coarsest roads. Seats well finished but limited bolstering and somewhat hard seat bottoms."

Previous | 1 ... 14 15 16 | Next