2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,269 - $22,864.

10/7.5

8.0

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

great car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "every thing works the way it should"

Cons: "we didn't think we wanted all the neat options"

"We like this car, we want to buy the exact same thing only with all the nice stuff that we didn't get in the 2013"

Love this car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "great driving car"

Cons: "added fog lights/ use them always"

"My husband and I love how quiet and smooth the ride is. We can travel anywhere now.We have a turbo and love that additional plus."

great crossover

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

"The car drives like a dream on the road and handles great off road."

First Timer with Subaru

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive compare to Accord"

Cons: "the price is kind of high for top trims"

"the redesigned 2014 Forester caught my attention a few month ago, after test drive several models, I decided to settle with Forester 2.5 Touring. the exterior is kind of dull, but everything else is fantastic for the price range. the rest of the pack has some work to do, include CX-5 and Escape - these 2 are what I think the next tier in this segment. kind of disappointing with CR-V & RV4 - if you test drive a Forester."

The best car we've ever owned

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Looks great and has excellent engineering."

Cons: "Wife always takes the car."

"We've had a host of different makes of cars (VW, BMW, Dodge, Chrysler, Ford, Chevy, Toyota). This Subaru is an "honest" car - no glitz, nothing fancy. The 250 hp turbo is awesome, and the suspension gives you real contact with the road. It is bright inside, with great visibility. The best thing about this car is that it does not look like a Subaru, which has made fairly ugly cars for years. The Forester 2.0 XT get looks everywhere it goes. Have not driven it in snow or off road yet, but expect it to handle extremely well. The only problem is that my wife rarely lets me drive it, rather leaving her BMW in the driveway instead."

Awesome gas mileage for an SUV and great work car!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice driving, great gas mileage, and legroom."

Cons: "Could use a cargo light in the back."

"Great driving vehicle and I am impressed by the fuel economy! Never thought I would be averaging 28 MPG around town in an SUV. Was at first skeptical of CVT, but liked its feel during the test drive and it didn't feel much different than a traditional automatic. 2.5L flat 4 has plenty of power for passing and merging on the short on notoriously short on ramps that New York's parkways are famous for. Was happy to see the Allow Wheel Package come out in 2015, and it had everything I wanted for a work car(roof racks, CVT, seat protectors, bumper guards, all weather floor mats) without excessive frills. Base radio has great sound, and noise filtering on AM that cuts down on the static. Bluetooth, ability to play music off USB jump drive, and auxiliary 1/8" input(for daughter's Ipod) make it a great system. Also, there is an extra 12V socket for your GPS. One of the biggest selling points, however, is the very roomy back seat which gives my teenagers plenty of leg room. Towing capacity is limited to 1500lbs, but I was able to easily install an aftermarket hitch, to mount my Thule bike rack."

Be sure to take it on an extended test drive!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, peppy, good handling & mpg"

Cons: "The seats can cause physical leg and back pain!"

"If you can tolerate the seats, you'll love this vehicle. I'd been test driving cars for a couple of months and finally took my wife out to test drive the cars I liked best. We got into the new 2014 Forester 2.5i and she LOVED it just like me! Quiet, responsive handling, smooth ride, and nicely equipped. Luckily we took it on an extended test drive instead of just around the block. After 20 minutes our legs and backs were feeling uncomfortable. After 40 minutes it was just downright painful. The seats are too short, too narrow, and the passenger seat is too high! (my wife also felt like the driver's seat was leaning to the left, which I had never noticed.) We were so disappointed since we loved every other aspect of the vehicle. Afterwards I searched the internet and found that Subaru seats have caused back and leg pain in hundreds of customers. Some of them lost thousands of dollars because they had to sell or trade it in for a new car because they couldn't tolerate the seats. So make sure to take it on an extended test drive. Come on Subaru! Listen to your customers! People shouldn't have to find after market solutions to seating discomfort in a brand new vehicle!"

2014 Forester, hopeful but doesn't quite cut it.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Safety, AWD, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Roll in the curves, no rear vents, low amenities"

"We were very hopeful when the 2014 Forester rolled on the scene. Subaru made some nice sheet metal changes and needed additions to the CVT for 2014. After a test drive, here were our thoughts; First, the car handles reasonably well and the CVT is quiet (unlike the whine of the earlier models). The body rides well and is fairly quiet though the front end plunges in high speed turns. Visibility is good except in the rear and the rear view mirror is too small for the vehicle (is it a stock sedan item?). There are two downsides to the vehicle which made it a non-starter for us. First, there is a lack of any rear air vents. Sitting in the back seat is torture in the heat and will undoubtedly be met with shouts for warmth in the winter. How could Subaru design a car of this interior volume and leave out rear vents? The front ones are small and even with the fan cranked up all the way, the air is barely felt in the back. The next major drawback is the pricing structure. The entry level i series is a good value but extremely bare bones with full manual seats and cloth. Bringing the car's interior up a grade to leather and power seats jacks up the price to nearly $29k. In our estimation the value ain't there. For a couple of thousand more we can and did buy a luxury SUV."

Best "daily driver" car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Value, Reliability, Appearance, Comfort, Handling"

"The 2014 Subaru Forester is an excellent blend of sport and utility. It has a great ride, adequate power in town and on the highway, is comfortable for passengers, and has plenty of options. It feels like a more expensive car than it is, so when combined with Subaru's reliability it's an excellent value. Although I've owned it for over a year, I still look forward to getting into it every morning. It helps make the Southern California commute tolerable. And, I feel smart driving it. I plan on owning it for at least 10 years."

Perfect travel/commuter

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Have owned a Forester for the past 4 months. No oil burning issues in my 2015 as many '14 owners have complained about. It's easy to drive and has a solid amount of get up and go with the new CVT transmission. Several big name reviewers were critical about it but I just love it. averaging ~26.4mpg (This is an actual estimate and not just trusting my digital readout) It is however my first automatic vehicle. Engine is very simple to work on should the need arise and no brainer for scheduled maintenance. Kind of an amazing feet considering how technically complicated most vehicles are these days. Oil filter is right on top of the motor oddly enough. I don't even have to bend down to remove it. It's almost too easy to drive with the addition of EyeSight. It can easily be set to stop and go in traffic which is AMAZING coming home from a long day at work or for long drives. The cabin is spacious and well suited for two people and a dog. Easily suited for 4 humans of any size and room for at least one large animal in back. My only complaints are the unidentified rattle in the dashboard plastics and the fact that the four washer fluid spouts use quite a bit of fluid. It's not typical for me to replenish on a bi-weekly basis."