2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,931 - $22,554.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next

Will buy another subaru

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "leg room"

Cons: "no sat radio"

"The seats are much more comfortable than my 2009 Ford Escape were. I drove the new Escapes, Kias, Hondas and they all had smaller windows to see out the rear and rear sides. Front seats also had more leg room than the new Escapes. We have gotten as high as 34mpg on the highway with an overall average of 26.7. I do wish there was more space in the arm rest compartment and that the coin holder was behind the cup holders since when I have the seat up for driving the cup holders are futher behind. Love the heated seats!!!"

Nimble handling, tight turn circle, pleasant ride

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Great handling and airy feel in the cabin."

Cons: "nav, limited storage up front, must get moonroof"

"We bought this car, wanting to downsize from a minivan, but retain some cargo carrying ability. I love how this car drives. It corners and handles like a dream. The sitting position is great -- you are up and can see the road. We got the "eyesight" feature wich dutifully beeps when you change lanes without signalling or approach some object and brake later than it likes. The adaptive cruise control works very well -- it's actually usable even with some traffic. I've been getting as high as 31 MPG highway and usually in the mid twenties combined. City driving is lower than the EPA numbers of course. Acceleration is adequate, though not wonderful -- we did not get the turbo model and preferred the mileage numbers. As for criticisms, I'd first mention that the navigation system is sub-par, not intuitive and Subaru has made it impossible for a passenger to use it while the car is moving -- something we dislike. It's not always possible to pull over and come to a stop and if your passenger is there its silly to limit it. Too much brig-brother there I'd say. The middle console/armrest is smallish, the storage inside is small and the coin holder blocks easy access inside. The glove box isnt large. The front storage area is open and smallish as well. The visibility in the car is great for the most part, but the rear window seems small and reduces rear view vision. Be nice if that window were bigger and also the left and right exterior mirrors could have slightly larger fields of view. I also don't like that we had to give up 6 cu/ft of cargo space for a "moonroof" we will never use. This should be an optional item even on high trim levels. Unless you get the base model, you must get the moonroof and will not get the advertised 74 cu/ft of cargo space as a result. However, this car all in all, seems great. The complaints seem minor compared to the overall quality, price and safety attributes."

Seats are worse than a spanish torture chair!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Good visibilty, Features, etc."

Cons: "Worst car seats known to man."

"My god. These seats are so painful to sit in after an hour that I had to stop driving it. I can tolerate a quick trip to the grocery store... but that's about it. The issue for me is the seat back. The lumbar support is way too agressive and can't be dialed down enough. It's also too high and the side bolsters don't have enough padding to cover the metal frame where the lumbar support motor is housed. It digs into my right side. A secondary annoyance is the left foot position. I only wear a size 10.5 shoe, and my toes are pushed up and backwards the stupid bracket that's right where my toes should naturally rest. If you don't know what I'm talking about... go sit in a Ford Escape and put your foot on the foot rest. Then do to the same thing in a 2014 Forester (or any Subaru for that matter). You'll see what I mean. Other than the absolutely atrocious and painful drivers seat, the car is great! But because of the atrocious and painful driver seat, the car is horrible! Do Not Buy. Bad Subaru. You need to be punished."

Great Visibility, Ride, Design & Functional

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Mpg, spacious, Moonroof, Visibility, CVT"

Cons: "no hood scoop on XT model, light steering"

"I purchased this car about 2 weeks ago, dark grey, with the tan interior. 2.5 Premium Trim. I test drove the XT (which was a blast, but I wont drive this often and the use of premium fuel, as well as lower mileage, at a higher price takes a toll on your wallet after a while) Exterior: With this fresh re-design this car is probably the sexiest boxy car you'll see. I think it looks great, as well as the use-able cargo space is unbeatable. This is probably the most functional car I've ever had, as well as the most spacious, with the low slung hood, and dash far away, I'm 6'3 and I cant even sit with the seats all the way back in the passenger seat(as there is too much room!) (its that spacious) Back seat has plenty of room and doors that open 90degrees for easy access. All that said it drives well, and you will not find a better SUV with such superb visibility and no blind spots. The moonroof is massive and makes me want to get outside more often! The interior design is spacious, open and put together well. While this 2.5i boxer engine mated with the new CVT transmission is not "fast" it is sufficient, fun to drive, as well as makes a nice sound (unlike the outlander). The CVT is very smooth,quiet, and does not feel like a CVT. We have experienced about 28mpg on the 1st 2 tanks of gas, mostly traffic-laden city/hwy driving to-fro work. On the open highway we've noticed around 32-34mpg. The Electronic fuel gagets and wheel slip monitors are entertaining and possibly useful, if you're driving offroad (I've only noticed it have any change in the AWD appearance when driving on extreme wet pavement) Interior. The cloth is nice, and stay cool, even in direct sunlight, but the leather would be more durable if you can spill the extra 2-3k on the limited model. The back seats recline, which is nice for a long trip. There is a little wind noise, but its minimal and is comparable in noise to the CX-5 front seat noise, (back seat noise of the CX-5 Is much louder)"

Great Visibility, Ride, Design & Functional

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Mpg, spacious, Moonroof, Visibility, CVT"

Cons: "no hood scoop on XT model, light steering"

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next