2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,168 - $22,811.

10/7.5

8.2

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

DISAPPOINTED - TERRIBLE RIDE QUALITY

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "roomy, great views, nice radio, CVT transmission"

Cons: "Jarring ride, difficult to relax and enjoy driving"

"I've driven a 2006 Forester until now which I loved, but unfortunately hit a deer (great crash test results, however!) This one has some pros: roomy, great views, love the CVT, peppy, nice radio, but: This car has the worst ride of any vehicle I've ever driven. I don't know how they passed this new suspension. If you have back problems or kidney problems, this is not your vehicle. You will feel every tiny bump in the road. Other reviewers have called the ride 'skittish', 'unsettled', 'jittery', 'tiresome and annoying'. I agree with all of those. It is a very hard ride, very jarring - constantly bumping and jostling, while at the same time rocking side to side. It's a shame because I can't really enjoy the vehicle's many good properties because I am non-stop gritting my teeth with annoyance about the ride. Subaru really dropped the ball on this one. If I had driven it for a while other than a round the block test drive, I would have made a different choice. I've aired down the tires and that doesn't help much."

Good vehicle, poor center console design

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Easy on gas, nice interior overall"

Cons: "Questionable door panel styling and center console"

"I love the vehicle overall, however there are a few pain points inside for a larger driver. I did not notice these when buying the car and am lamenting it now, I should have gone with a slightly higher price and the Outback. As a 6' 4" guy who is on the larger side the Forester offered plenty of leg room overall and though the seat is a bit narrow than my preferred, but not overly so. The major gripe I have with this vehicle comes in the form of the center console and the inside door panel where the controls are. This might be just me but when I'm driving I rest my knees on either side, in this case my right knee hits right where they decided to have a pointy corner as the center console goes up to meet the dash, and the left leg rests right on the edge that is pushed out to angle the window controls. Both combine to give me an uncomfortable ride and questionable brake and gas control. I'm sure those areas are fine for many people, but if you are a larger person these are things to watch for when testing out a new Forester."

Not very impressed

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Great sunroof,good sound system,gas mileage."

Cons: "Noisy jittery ride on highway,oddly placed mirrors"

"The look of the vehicle is nice.Highway road noise is pronounced.The mirrors are oddly placed.They seem too close to the driver.I also had trouble adjusting the seat for a long ride.Very jittery nervous ride on concrete roads with a seam.Also the cabin is very cramped,not a lot of storage.the gas mileage was very good.We had traded in a Toyota Sienna for this vehicle.The Sienna had a much smoother quitter ride.We averaged about 19mpg in the Sienna and about 27 in the Forester.This car is for my wife,and although i regret the purchase it seems like a very safe capable vehicle.Do your homework.Take it for a long test drive on the highway.Interior quality seems cheap.Also the technology is a few years behind the competition."

great car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "every thing works the way it should"

Cons: "we didn't think we wanted all the neat options"

"We like this car, we want to buy the exact same thing only with all the nice stuff that we didn't get in the 2013"

Love this car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "great driving car"

Cons: "added fog lights/ use them always"

"My husband and I love how quiet and smooth the ride is. We can travel anywhere now.We have a turbo and love that additional plus."