2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,145 - $22,796.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle - when considering value for the $$$

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Acceleration, handling, gas mileage, utility"

Cons: "Horrible interior AND exterior designs."

"Great handling vehicle on mountainous roads, AWD ALL of the time (ref. Winter = great asset), superb acceleration, superior gas mileage, practical utility vehicle, interior AND exterior is in desperate need of a REAL Subaru Design Department (no joke here!). AND (sic), superb value for the money."

great car

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "much more room than my old forester body style."

Cons: "other car makers have imitated body style"

"this was my third subaru, second forester. The base model comes standard with lots of goodies! bluetooth, daytime running lights, tons of airbags, and a backup camera! Very impressed with this new model. Smells like pine trees. Love it."

Best "daily driver" car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Value, Reliability, Appearance, Comfort, Handling"

"The 2014 Subaru Forester is an excellent blend of sport and utility. It has a great ride, adequate power in town and on the highway, is comfortable for passengers, and has plenty of options. It feels like a more expensive car than it is, so when combined with Subaru's reliability it's an excellent value. Although I've owned it for over a year, I still look forward to getting into it every morning. It helps make the Southern California commute tolerable. And, I feel smart driving it. I plan on owning it for at least 10 years."

Perfect travel/commuter

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Have owned a Forester for the past 4 months. No oil burning issues in my 2015 as many '14 owners have complained about. It's easy to drive and has a solid amount of get up and go with the new CVT transmission. Several big name reviewers were critical about it but I just love it. averaging ~26.4mpg (This is an actual estimate and not just trusting my digital readout) It is however my first automatic vehicle. Engine is very simple to work on should the need arise and no brainer for scheduled maintenance. Kind of an amazing feet considering how technically complicated most vehicles are these days. Oil filter is right on top of the motor oddly enough. I don't even have to bend down to remove it. It's almost too easy to drive with the addition of EyeSight. It can easily be set to stop and go in traffic which is AMAZING coming home from a long day at work or for long drives. The cabin is spacious and well suited for two people and a dog. Easily suited for 4 humans of any size and room for at least one large animal in back. My only complaints are the unidentified rattle in the dashboard plastics and the fact that the four washer fluid spouts use quite a bit of fluid. It's not typical for me to replenish on a bi-weekly basis."

fabulous car, great in snow and rain.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"I traded in my Lincoln Navigator for this great little putt putt. I just love it. It's glam enough for me. Another member of my family has now bought one. Only complaint is that the gas mileage advertised has not been reached. My instruments tell me that I only get 23 miles per gal. not the 32 advertised."

Oil Consumption Problems

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Drives Good"

Cons: "Oil Burning Bummer"

"This car consumes 1 qt. per every 3000 miles, low oil light comes on. Has done this from day one, dealer says this is normal, it's not normal to have to drag around spare oil to top up your new car in between oil changes. This is a common problem in the later model Subaru's, google it. Would not recommend this vehicle."

1 st SUV

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Safety, MPG 27 around town and 32 hwy"

Cons: "radio controls"

"I bought cause I needed a vehicle that I didn't need to bend over or jump into, my civic coupe was just too hard to get into and out of. My knees are "older" lol. Visibility outward and Fuel consumptions is excellent in and around Houston TX. I purchased with the eyesight system and I have to say I am impressed at the level of technology. It actually makes you a better driver. I would purchase again, but I would not buy the navigation again."

2015 Forester Great handling and comfortable ride.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Great reliability and resale"

Cons: "Interior looks cheap"

"The Subaru Forester 2.5 Touring is the first SUV I've purchased. I've had it for 4 months and it handles well in the snow. No issues so far. Just wish the interior was more upscale--cheap looking dashboard and doors."

The best car we've ever owned

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Looks great and has excellent engineering."

Cons: "Wife always takes the car."

"We've had a host of different makes of cars (VW, BMW, Dodge, Chrysler, Ford, Chevy, Toyota). This Subaru is an "honest" car - no glitz, nothing fancy. The 250 hp turbo is awesome, and the suspension gives you real contact with the road. It is bright inside, with great visibility. The best thing about this car is that it does not look like a Subaru, which has made fairly ugly cars for years. The Forester 2.0 XT get looks everywhere it goes. Have not driven it in snow or off road yet, but expect it to handle extremely well. The only problem is that my wife rarely lets me drive it, rather leaving her BMW in the driveway instead."

awesome car

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

"Pluses: roomy; good gas mileage @ 27 mpg combined; excellent visibility from the driver's position; huge panoramic sunroof; strong off-the-line acceleration, especially in sport+ mode; great handling; adaptive cruise works as advertised Minuses: navigation is horrible; requires premium fuel for best performance"