2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,437 - $23,010.

10/7.5

8.0

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great value for small families

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Incredible value"

Cons: "A few minor design gripes"

"This car has just been unbeatable. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Rock-solid reliability. Tows WAY more than the stated 2,400lbs, easy to drive, gobs of power, refined enough for most. The cons - interior materials & design, like all Subarus, could be better - kind of ugly, but ugly is my thing - seat heaters in very inconvenient location beneath center armrest - turbo lag! - manual mode is so slow it's pretty much a novelty - body panels dent VERY easily - what!? No projector headlamps? - wish the windshield sprayer nozzles were heated. They freeze - wish steering when was heated - seats are nice, but not the best for very long trips - no automatic headlamp setting (but they DO turn off with the car, so I just leave them on)"

great car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "every thing works the way it should"

Cons: "we didn't think we wanted all the neat options"

"We like this car, we want to buy the exact same thing only with all the nice stuff that we didn't get in the 2013"

Best vehicle ever driven in the snow!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Best car in the snow, comfort, safety."

Cons: "could be a little higher off the ground"

"This is the first Subaru I have owned. Had a Saturn Vue for 10 years, and loved it! Did a lot of research, before deciding on the Forester, but I have not been sorry for 1 moment! I absolutely love this car! It fits all of my needs and more. The real test was the winter weather in NH, and this car drives on snow, through snow like there is nothing there! I can't believe how safe and secure I feel in this car! Subaru will probably be my go to vehicles for ever, because this car has proven itself to me."

DISAPPOINTED - TERRIBLE RIDE QUALITY

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "roomy, great views, nice radio, CVT transmission"

Cons: "Jarring ride, difficult to relax and enjoy driving"

"I've driven a 2006 Forester until now which I loved, but unfortunately hit a deer (great crash test results, however!) This one has some pros: roomy, great views, love the CVT, peppy, nice radio, but: This car has the worst ride of any vehicle I've ever driven. I don't know how they passed this new suspension. If you have back problems or kidney problems, this is not your vehicle. You will feel every tiny bump in the road. Other reviewers have called the ride 'skittish', 'unsettled', 'jittery', 'tiresome and annoying'. I agree with all of those. It is a very hard ride, very jarring - constantly bumping and jostling, while at the same time rocking side to side. It's a shame because I can't really enjoy the vehicle's many good properties because I am non-stop gritting my teeth with annoyance about the ride. Subaru really dropped the ball on this one. If I had driven it for a while other than a round the block test drive, I would have made a different choice. I've aired down the tires and that doesn't help much."

Forester 2.0XT Touring Refined Quality

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Handling, acceleration, sound system, visibility"

Cons: "No analog temp gauge, no glove box light"

"I own the 2.0 XT Touring. I have about 1500 miles on it. I really enjoy this car. I had a Mazda CX5 for about two years. However, I needed a vehicle with more spirit and boy does the 2.0XTer have it. This puppy has such a responsive engine. It easily out performs our Honda Pilot. My wife at 5’1” had severe accessibility issues with the CX5. That issue was solved with the 2.0XTer. Also, the Forester has much better visibility then the Mazda. The handling is really good with the car always feeling well planted to the road. The 2.0XTer has a sports suspension which adds to its handling capabilities. I drove the Forester 2.5 Limited and the 2.0XTer had noticeably better handling characteristics. The Harman Kardon sound system is outstanding (way better than the Bose in the CX5). I do love the tunes. It has a great roomy back seat that the kids really enjoy. This car exhibits refinement and that becomes evident as I drive it more. Finally, I saw the poor crash results of the mini compacts (i.e. Honda Fit) I am glad I have the Forester with its outstanding safety ratings."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25