2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,533 - $22,256.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Wonderfull vehicle

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Great 34mpg/ 25 mpg AWD. good power, visability"

Cons: "center console to deep."

First day at its new home

"I have a 2014 forester with 7600 miles. I purchased the car new 1 year ago to this exact day. I am 6o years old and have owned 50 or more cars in my life. I have to say this car is tops. The price was great, Love the AWD, the 175 HP with CVT is all the power you need. I also have two dogs and my Wife and I travel some so there is all the room we need including the dogs. The HWY milage is 32-34 MPG and around town 23-25MPG. Set the cruse at a reasonable speed on the interstate and hitting 34 MPG is easy. Nothing has broken, just change the oil and rotate the tires. The oil is completely synthetic, no using the cheap stuff. The only complaint is the center console. The storage compartment is to deep, hard to see into without a flashlight. Otherwise Great ride."

First day at its new home

great vehicle,vision is teriffic,comfort ride

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Trouble free car,good mileage,comfort ride &vision"

Cons: "Lots of room and storage."

"reason for selling. wife and I are no longer working. No need for two cars. Wife has new Lexus."

Excellent Vehicle that checks off all of the boxes

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Value, features, mileage, seating position."

Cons: "Can't think of anything"

"I recently purchased my Subaru Forester Limited after being in a serious car accident that totaled my Honda Civic Si. It caused me to reevaluate my driving style and priorities as I'm the father of a 9 year-old daughter. I was immediately impressed by the IIHS crash/safety ratings as well as the review by Consumer Reports. Quite simply---in the eyes of the those entities the vehicle is extremely safe and the top of its class. I've been extremely satisfied with the vehicle post-purchase for many reasons. The driving position and outward views are very good. I routinely am able to get 26 mpg in city driving and much, much better on the road---34 to 36 is quite obtainable and I've even reached 42 driving merely the speed limit on flat stretches. The CVT takes some getting used to and as a automotive enthusiast I was resigned to the fact that it was an ends to a means. Surprisingly, the CVT yields not only good mileage but also quite reasonable performance. It keeps the engine always in the sweet spot of the torque curve. I opted for the Limited trim model because I intend to have the vehicle for quite some time and I'm glad that I did. The Harman Kardon sound system is fantastic. Very good response across the sound spectrum and very good bass without a dedicated subwoofer. The navigation system works just fine and the rest of the electronics have performed well and without incident---although I confess that I've not taken the time to use the voice-activated features. Bluetooth for the cellphone seems to be fine for me for now. The rear seat features lots of space for my little one and her occasional friend. The general fit and finish of the vehicle is also quite good. The All Wheel Drive system is well-known with Subarus and performs well....always able to get power down without wheel slippage and this must also help acceleration which again, is quite serviceable. It's hard to believe that an SUV with AWD can consistently obtain such good mileage. Also--keep in mind that it takes regular gasoline. I've found that on average I get better mileage than when I was driving (albeit much faster) my 6 speed Civic Si. Couple that with using regular (87) gasoline vs. premium (93) and savings abound. The Subaru Forester is not the sexiest automotive purchase that you will make. I could have purchased a similarly sized SUV from a luxury brand that would have cost 15k to 20k more. But why? For $31,500 out the door with tax, tag--everything---you get a vehicle that is safe, practical, reliable and an incredible value. I never thought that I'd buy an SUV. I could not be more pleased with my purchase."

Best Forester Ever!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "A great mix of safety, quality, comfort and value."

Cons: "No heated steering wheel or remote start included."

"Compared to my wife's 2011 Forester Premium model, my 2015 Touring (no nav or eyesight): A quieter, roomier and far more comfortable cabin with excellent visibility. HK amps/speakers with outstanding imaging and tonal quality Keyless entry. Remote/push button rear hatch. CVT takes getting use to but offers adequate power and excellent gas mileage. Improved sun visors with pullout extenders and darker window tinting. Only negative is ride quality. Less car like. More SUV like. No one in my family finds ride quality intolerable. Ride varies with different surfaces so test drive as you would normally drive it. If you want the ride of a luxury sedan, buy a luxury sedan. Suggested improvements: Heated steering wheel Remove / relocate rear hatch opening adjustment button Include remote start Overall, the folks at Consumer Reports and Motor Trend got it right based on my time behind the wheel,"

Good vehicle, poor center console design

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Easy on gas, nice interior overall"

Cons: "Questionable door panel styling and center console"

"I love the vehicle overall, however there are a few pain points inside for a larger driver. I did not notice these when buying the car and am lamenting it now, I should have gone with a slightly higher price and the Outback. As a 6' 4" guy who is on the larger side the Forester offered plenty of leg room overall and though the seat is a bit narrow than my preferred, but not overly so. The major gripe I have with this vehicle comes in the form of the center console and the inside door panel where the controls are. This might be just me but when I'm driving I rest my knees on either side, in this case my right knee hits right where they decided to have a pointy corner as the center console goes up to meet the dash, and the left leg rests right on the edge that is pushed out to angle the window controls. Both combine to give me an uncomfortable ride and questionable brake and gas control. I'm sure those areas are fine for many people, but if you are a larger person these are things to watch for when testing out a new Forester."