• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,549 - $22,264.

10/7.5

8.0

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

Best Forester Ever!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "A great mix of safety, quality, comfort and value."

Cons: "No heated steering wheel or remote start included."

"Compared to my wife's 2011 Forester Premium model, my 2015 Touring (no nav or eyesight): A quieter, roomier and far more comfortable cabin with excellent visibility. HK amps/speakers with outstanding imaging and tonal quality Keyless entry. Remote/push button rear hatch. CVT takes getting use to but offers adequate power and excellent gas mileage. Improved sun visors with pullout extenders and darker window tinting. Only negative is ride quality. Less car like. More SUV like. No one in my family finds ride quality intolerable. Ride varies with different surfaces so test drive as you would normally drive it. If you want the ride of a luxury sedan, buy a luxury sedan. Suggested improvements: Heated steering wheel Remove / relocate rear hatch opening adjustment button Include remote start Overall, the folks at Consumer Reports and Motor Trend got it right based on my time behind the wheel,"

Good vehicle, poor center console design

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Easy on gas, nice interior overall"

Cons: "Questionable door panel styling and center console"

"I love the vehicle overall, however there are a few pain points inside for a larger driver. I did not notice these when buying the car and am lamenting it now, I should have gone with a slightly higher price and the Outback. As a 6' 4" guy who is on the larger side the Forester offered plenty of leg room overall and though the seat is a bit narrow than my preferred, but not overly so. The major gripe I have with this vehicle comes in the form of the center console and the inside door panel where the controls are. This might be just me but when I'm driving I rest my knees on either side, in this case my right knee hits right where they decided to have a pointy corner as the center console goes up to meet the dash, and the left leg rests right on the edge that is pushed out to angle the window controls. Both combine to give me an uncomfortable ride and questionable brake and gas control. I'm sure those areas are fine for many people, but if you are a larger person these are things to watch for when testing out a new Forester."

Love this car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "great driving car"

Cons: "added fog lights/ use them always"

"My husband and I love how quiet and smooth the ride is. We can travel anywhere now.We have a turbo and love that additional plus."

Very good choice

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "pretty good price"

Cons: "no key less back opening of door"

"I really like this vehicle. All around good car, great handling, great for viewing back up, lane changes. the only thing I would want is a push button opening for rear door. If I have groceries, I have to set them down to get in the back. My Camry had it and I loved it! I love the large sun roof!! The seats aren't great for long trips."

Very unconfortable SUV

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Easy access, fair gas mileage"

Cons: "Very uncomfortable, a chore to drive"

"I have owned this car for a few weeks now and very disappointed. I am 6'2" and don't fit the car. The distance from the pedals to the steering wheel is to short. If I slide the seat closer for comfortable steering my legs are cramped if I back the seat up then my arms are stretched out to reach the wheel. The drivers seat is very uncomfortable and no combination of seat and steering wheel adjustment makes it comfortable. The dash illumination is a hideous red which is distracting when driving at night. There is a lot of road noise that makes listening to the radio difficult. At high RPM it sounds like the engine is going to explode. I have a half hour commute and can't wait to get out of this vehicle each day."