2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,051 - $21,666.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Amazing Car for the Money

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "AWD, Visibility, MPG, cargo and rear leg room"

Cons: "Seats could be better, weird trim levels"

"I am reviewing the 2.5 Limited with CVT. I bought this car about three months ago after researching a lot of other cars and i have to say that for that amount of money (About $27,000) you will not find a better crossover. The visibility is the best in any SUV that I have ever seen. You can see everything while driving this car. Windows are huge and the mirrors are perfectly positioned to not obstruct your view. The gas mileage is also outstanding. I am currently averaging 28.5 MPG with a mixture of about 30% highway and 70% city, which I am very pleased about. The cargo space and back seat leg room and comfort are amazing. The CVT takes a few weeks to get used to because it's different than a traditional automatic but I think people, for some reason, make too much fuss about it in reviews and test drives. It's not a sports car. It has enough response and power for the type of car and I never find myself wishing for a more powerful engine. The interior is very functional and quick to access compared to the Toyotas and Hondas. Yes, it doesn't have the most top of the line entertainment system, but everything is extremely quick and convenient to use. Climate control, bluetooth, MPG and trip data and graphs, it's all there and accessible with a press of a button. I never have to look for something. I know exactly where it is. Very intuitive design. The only problem I see with the car is that the leather seats are a bit bland and not exactly well made. They are flat and very basic. The Crosstek's seats are much nicer than the Forester's. I wish they were a bit more contoured to your body. Another disappointment were the packages. The Premium, Limited and Touring trims just have just a weird combination of features that do not really make sense when you are shopping for the car. The GPS is also a joke and that's why I opted not to buy it. I wish it was a bit more in line with the overall quality of the car. Overall, I think that for a car priced under $30,000 you can't get a better vehicle. Yes, it's not as polished as an Audi or a BMW...but once again, if you want better seats or some top of the line tech, you will have to spend close to $40,000. But the overall package with this vehicle for the money is outstanding."

Wouldn't buy it again

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Has power,turns easily"

Cons: "Feels unsafe,rear view mirror is too dim"

"I bought the car a few days ago.It feels very unsafe. I can't see out the rear view mirror at night because it is so dimmed. I feels like there are blind spots that I didn't have in my old car. Cargo cover is extra on even the premium model though the model I was shown had it. I feel like I am stuck with a car I hate driving."

Cons: "Very uncomfortable ride"

"I have had my 2014 Forester 2.5i premium trim for about 3 months now and am really disappointed in the ride of this new model. i turned in a 2010 Forester, same model and trim, then leased this new model. I was so looking forward to this new design that changed the side view mirrors and front windshield design, That had been my only complaint in the 2010 model. The mirror placement created a huge blind spot , especially when turning left. I saw the 2014 at the Detroit International Auto Show and was trilled to see the change in mirror design. I couldn't wait to lease this new car! I was expecting my 2010 with the mirror fix. Boy was I shocked when I drove it home.(MY big mistake was not test driving the car I leased, it came from out of state. Lesson Learned for you readers, Drive the car you think you want BEFORE signing any papers.) The ride is terrible. The car "bounces" my word, the auto word I guess is "firm" over, any kind of road imperfection, not just the obvious pot holes. It is very uncomfortable and annoying to have your body and car constantly shaking or quivering. Subaru tells me it's the redesign of the suspension that makes for a more firm ride. If you like a comfortable ride for city driving this is NOT the car for you!! I have always relied on the quality and safety of a Subaru, but time will tell if this model lives up to those standards."