2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,051 - $21,666.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Perfect travel/commuter

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Have owned a Forester for the past 4 months. No oil burning issues in my 2015 as many '14 owners have complained about. It's easy to drive and has a solid amount of get up and go with the new CVT transmission. Several big name reviewers were critical about it but I just love it. averaging ~26.4mpg (This is an actual estimate and not just trusting my digital readout) It is however my first automatic vehicle. Engine is very simple to work on should the need arise and no brainer for scheduled maintenance. Kind of an amazing feet considering how technically complicated most vehicles are these days. Oil filter is right on top of the motor oddly enough. I don't even have to bend down to remove it. It's almost too easy to drive with the addition of EyeSight. It can easily be set to stop and go in traffic which is AMAZING coming home from a long day at work or for long drives. The cabin is spacious and well suited for two people and a dog. Easily suited for 4 humans of any size and room for at least one large animal in back. My only complaints are the unidentified rattle in the dashboard plastics and the fact that the four washer fluid spouts use quite a bit of fluid. It's not typical for me to replenish on a bi-weekly basis."

fabulous car, great in snow and rain.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"I traded in my Lincoln Navigator for this great little putt putt. I just love it. It's glam enough for me. Another member of my family has now bought one. Only complaint is that the gas mileage advertised has not been reached. My instruments tell me that I only get 23 miles per gal. not the 32 advertised."

Oil Consumption Problems

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Drives Good"

Cons: "Oil Burning Bummer"

"This car consumes 1 qt. per every 3000 miles, low oil light comes on. Has done this from day one, dealer says this is normal, it's not normal to have to drag around spare oil to top up your new car in between oil changes. This is a common problem in the later model Subaru's, google it. Would not recommend this vehicle."

1 st SUV

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Safety, MPG 27 around town and 32 hwy"

Cons: "radio controls"

"I bought cause I needed a vehicle that I didn't need to bend over or jump into, my civic coupe was just too hard to get into and out of. My knees are "older" lol. Visibility outward and Fuel consumptions is excellent in and around Houston TX. I purchased with the eyesight system and I have to say I am impressed at the level of technology. It actually makes you a better driver. I would purchase again, but I would not buy the navigation again."

2015 Forester Great handling and comfortable ride.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Great reliability and resale"

Cons: "Interior looks cheap"

"The Subaru Forester 2.5 Touring is the first SUV I've purchased. I've had it for 4 months and it handles well in the snow. No issues so far. Just wish the interior was more upscale--cheap looking dashboard and doors."

The best car we've ever owned

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Looks great and has excellent engineering."

Cons: "Wife always takes the car."

"We've had a host of different makes of cars (VW, BMW, Dodge, Chrysler, Ford, Chevy, Toyota). This Subaru is an "honest" car - no glitz, nothing fancy. The 250 hp turbo is awesome, and the suspension gives you real contact with the road. It is bright inside, with great visibility. The best thing about this car is that it does not look like a Subaru, which has made fairly ugly cars for years. The Forester 2.0 XT get looks everywhere it goes. Have not driven it in snow or off road yet, but expect it to handle extremely well. The only problem is that my wife rarely lets me drive it, rather leaving her BMW in the driveway instead."

awesome car

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

"Pluses: roomy; good gas mileage @ 27 mpg combined; excellent visibility from the driver's position; huge panoramic sunroof; strong off-the-line acceleration, especially in sport+ mode; great handling; adaptive cruise works as advertised Minuses: navigation is horrible; requires premium fuel for best performance"

Great Car to Own -- traded 2014 for 201

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "Good gas milage. Looks nice. Lock button on lift g"

Cons: "Driver's seat comfort.. see review."

"2015 Model gets a better gas mileage than 2014. Long distance driving gets a bit tiring as I am 6'2" and to reach the steering wheel comfortably I need to move seat forward a bit, which cramps my legs a bit. For local short drives seat back all the way is okay. The driver seat hits my back a little wrong and I have to use a small pillow in the seat gap. Could use a cargo compartment light. I do like being able to lock the auto w/ a button on the lift gate (do not have to fumble for key fob when I exit)."

"Love" my 2014 Subaru Forester!

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, safe"

"Excellent gas mileage, very comfy leather heated seats, great visibility!!! Handles well in snow... Plows on through with no effort. Driving is relaxed and makes you feel safe especially in heavy traffic. Peppy enough for the highway. Sunroof...WOW...open the windows and catch the breeze or lay back and gaze at the stars. Only thing missing is a factory installed satellite radio, but a satellite vehicle kit serves the purpose."

Awesome gas mileage for an SUV and great work car!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice driving, great gas mileage, and legroom."

Cons: "Could use a cargo light in the back."

"Great driving vehicle and I am impressed by the fuel economy! Never thought I would be averaging 28 MPG around town in an SUV. Was at first skeptical of CVT, but liked its feel during the test drive and it didn't feel much different than a traditional automatic. 2.5L flat 4 has plenty of power for passing and merging on the short on notoriously short on ramps that New York's parkways are famous for. Was happy to see the Allow Wheel Package come out in 2015, and it had everything I wanted for a work car(roof racks, CVT, seat protectors, bumper guards, all weather floor mats) without excessive frills. Base radio has great sound, and noise filtering on AM that cuts down on the static. Bluetooth, ability to play music off USB jump drive, and auxiliary 1/8" input(for daughter's Ipod) make it a great system. Also, there is an extra 12V socket for your GPS. One of the biggest selling points, however, is the very roomy back seat which gives my teenagers plenty of leg room. Towing capacity is limited to 1500lbs, but I was able to easily install an aftermarket hitch, to mount my Thule bike rack."