2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,859 - $21,498.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Great Car to Own -- traded 2014 for 201

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "Good gas milage. Looks nice. Lock button on lift g"

Cons: "Driver's seat comfort.. see review."

"2015 Model gets a better gas mileage than 2014. Long distance driving gets a bit tiring as I am 6'2" and to reach the steering wheel comfortably I need to move seat forward a bit, which cramps my legs a bit. For local short drives seat back all the way is okay. The driver seat hits my back a little wrong and I have to use a small pillow in the seat gap. Could use a cargo compartment light. I do like being able to lock the auto w/ a button on the lift gate (do not have to fumble for key fob when I exit)."

"Love" my 2014 Subaru Forester!

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, safe"

"Excellent gas mileage, very comfy leather heated seats, great visibility!!! Handles well in snow... Plows on through with no effort. Driving is relaxed and makes you feel safe especially in heavy traffic. Peppy enough for the highway. Sunroof...WOW...open the windows and catch the breeze or lay back and gaze at the stars. Only thing missing is a factory installed satellite radio, but a satellite vehicle kit serves the purpose."

Awesome gas mileage for an SUV and great work car!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice driving, great gas mileage, and legroom."

Cons: "Could use a cargo light in the back."

"Great driving vehicle and I am impressed by the fuel economy! Never thought I would be averaging 28 MPG around town in an SUV. Was at first skeptical of CVT, but liked its feel during the test drive and it didn't feel much different than a traditional automatic. 2.5L flat 4 has plenty of power for passing and merging on the short on notoriously short on ramps that New York's parkways are famous for. Was happy to see the Allow Wheel Package come out in 2015, and it had everything I wanted for a work car(roof racks, CVT, seat protectors, bumper guards, all weather floor mats) without excessive frills. Base radio has great sound, and noise filtering on AM that cuts down on the static. Bluetooth, ability to play music off USB jump drive, and auxiliary 1/8" input(for daughter's Ipod) make it a great system. Also, there is an extra 12V socket for your GPS. One of the biggest selling points, however, is the very roomy back seat which gives my teenagers plenty of leg room. Towing capacity is limited to 1500lbs, but I was able to easily install an aftermarket hitch, to mount my Thule bike rack."

VERY DISAPPOINTED

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"My entire family has had subarus. I bought this one when our child was born hoping to keep it until she was in her teenage years. I have had several issues with it burning oil. Dealership has been unhelpful. Subaru has been helpful. Now looking to offload it and will not be buying a Subaru again."

Wonderfull vehicle

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Great 34mpg/ 25 mpg AWD. good power, visability"

Cons: "center console to deep."

First day at its new home

"I have a 2014 forester with 7600 miles. I purchased the car new 1 year ago to this exact day. I am 6o years old and have owned 50 or more cars in my life. I have to say this car is tops. The price was great, Love the AWD, the 175 HP with CVT is all the power you need. I also have two dogs and my Wife and I travel some so there is all the room we need including the dogs. The HWY milage is 32-34 MPG and around town 23-25MPG. Set the cruse at a reasonable speed on the interstate and hitting 34 MPG is easy. Nothing has broken, just change the oil and rotate the tires. The oil is completely synthetic, no using the cheap stuff. The only complaint is the center console. The storage compartment is to deep, hard to see into without a flashlight. Otherwise Great ride."

First day at its new home