2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,773 - $27,534.

10/7.5

8.1

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

My wife and I love this car

By on Friday, June 07, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Still trying to think of one!"

"Have you seen the offset crash tests? 2014 Forester aced it. This is my wife's car; I feel good about her safety! This is a well engineered and built car. We bought the Ice Silver Metallic with platinum cloth interior; absolutely beautiful . Mileage as advertised, 27 city, 32 or more highway. Roomier than you can imagine for its class, quiet, great ride and responsiveness. Best of all is the visibility especially with the sky roof. Can't wait for the first road trip! Now I know what they mean by saying "Love is what makes a Subaru a Subaru.""

Beat My Expectations

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "smooth drive, best visibility,versatility, gas mpg"

Cons: "Haven't come up with anything major or minor yet.."

"This is my 5th Subaru, but very first Forester. I was leaning towards a 2013 Rav4. But when I saw that the 2014 Forester was coming out with 32 mpg for highway mid-March, I decided to wait. Very glad I did. Took it for a 20 minute test drive and it was love at first drive and bought it. Am a realtor and drive 35 miles RT a day to work. Needed a car for friends, family and clients and driving around Colorado-but did not want a big SUV. Since my car also acts as a mobile office needed room for signs, brochure boxes & tool box. For my Colorado lifestyle needed it for skiis, golf clubs and to fit my crossover bike in the back of the car. Everyone who has ridden in it remarks on how comfortable it is. It is very easy to get in and out of. The car has been averaging 31.8 mpg with hill and in-town driving. Love the rear view camera-am always backing out different driveways. The ultimate irony is my brother-in-law bought a 2012 Rav4 last fall, I let him drive my car last week. He said my Forester is more comfortable than his Toyota and he wish he had waited. Yes, I have only had 3 weeks with my car but am still very smitten and have zero regrets. Plan on having this car for a long time."

I LOVE MY SUBIE!

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Great acceleration, appearance, comfort, utility."

Cons: "Rain drips onto backup camera lens."

"After driving mini-vans for many years, I wanted something a little smaller, more fuel efficient and capable. I went to 13 different dealerships, drove just about every small SUV out there (I missed Suzuki, just because I didn't think of it)and finally chose the 2014 Forester Limited. The CVT really makes this car behave as if it has a lot more horsepower than it does. Merging to highway speed is never a problem, even with very short merge lanes. There are nicer interiors out there, but it seems Subaru totally follows the "form follows function" philosophy. Everything is well laid out, and appears incredibly durable. I went on my first "outing" this past weekend, to a popular waterfall on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The car sat 5 adults comfortably for the 8 hour round trip. This particular waterfall has access from two different places. One is paved, the other is gravel, sand, and mud. We went to both. On the paved side, there was a mix of pretty much every size and type of car. On the rocky road that has water runouts all over it, where a more capable car is needed, it was amazing to find at least half of the cars were Subaru's. I kept saying: "there's another Subie, they're all over." X-mode is amazing, I've never had a car that can apply the brake for you. Driving suggestion: put the transmission in low before using X-mode. Sometimes it will start going too fast and actually turn off X-mode without the car in low. I'm getting 25.2MPG in town, and on the mountain trip, it was 33.2MPG."

Subaru finally gets the Forester formula right

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "CVT, Gas Mileage, Cabin Noise"

Cons: "Cabin Electronics, Cabin Interior"

"I owned the Forester 2013 for 3 months and was already looking to trade it in. What can I say - it was a vehicle full of promise - a very capable of AWD system and wonderful driving visibility - but let down by an antiquated gas guzzling 4 gear transmission, cheap plastic poorly fitted interior, tinny doors, and horribly dated electronics. But the 2014 redesign promised to address most of my complaints, and one test drive later, I had a near identical forester in my driveway. The CVT is such a wonderful improvement. Gas mileage now in the high 20's mph and acceleration, while not inspiring, is at least on par for its class. The ride is now smoother at highway speeds, and electric steering a pretty good implementation. Most importantly, cabin noise is now under control. Wind and road noise is finally tamed, and the engine rev is far less intrusive. Cabin ergonomics have improved a bit too - most notably the horrible location of the 2013 seat heater buttons have moved to a place that both passenger and driver can easily reach. So what remains to improved? The Bluetooth and hands-free system is still remarkably backward. And while the interior plastics have improved somewhat - let's just say it would never be confused for a Volkswagen. But just as important, what haven't they messed up? Driver visibility through those huge square windows is still awesome, and the AWD system is as reassuring as its ever been."

Great Fuel Economy, Amazing Value! Great Buy!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great fuel economy"

Cons: "navigation/bluetooth isn't the best."

"I had been looking for a new suv to replace my 2005 Honda Element (which I loved, but the fuel costs were getting too high). I looked at several small SUVs, and liked some features on each, but just was never sold. I looked at the Nissan Rogue, Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, Hyundai Tucson before stumbling onto the Forester. I wanted something with good creature comforts, (like bluetooth, sat radio, power seats) but didn't cost a high end price. I found the 2014 Forester, and with it being a brand new model, my local dealer only had one, a 2.5 Premium edition with the all weather package. It was my luck that it had every feature I wanted, plus more, and was cheaper than other models I was looking at. I have taken several road trips of 400+ miles in it, and never had an issue with comfort or performance. The fuel economy runs me on average around 29 mpg, and have gotten up to 36 mpg on a long road trip with cruise set. My only complaint is the radio/navigation unit. It is not as user friendly as others, and can be time consuming working with it. Overall, though it is something I can work through and live with. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great economical SUV!"