2011 Subaru Forester

8.0

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Good experience having the Forester as a rental

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: ""Automatic" 4-wheel drive, low road noise"

Cons: "Base trim is missing some basic features."

"The Forester is admittedly not an attractive car and I never looked at it twice before renting it when visiting Hawaii/Maui. I was pleasantly surprised driving it. It drives much better than my wife's Escape and the engine is quieter and more powerful. The base trim is missing a few basics, e.g. tinted rear windows, cover for the trunk, automatic headlights, etc. But I was quite impressed with the symmetrical all-wheel drive and its handling off-road. (I took the Forester on some more adventurous paths and even the beach.) Nice fit and finish too on the inside. Overall a pretty nice little SUV, especially if you do some off-roading. Despite its looks, I might consider it the next time I'm in the market for small SUV."

Incredible value and cargo SF for the money !

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional value for the $. Teriffic cargo SF"

Cons: "could use updating interior"

"I recently recorded 31.8 mpg hwy, average 24.6 mpg city. This beats the mfg projections. Subaru states this car WILL last 15 years, and that's why there are none on the used car lots. Owners love them-won't trade them. Certainly not as stylish in/or out as competition, but is FAR less cost, retains its value, and remains tops in collision/insurance ratings. I bought this 2011 Forester Premium 2.5 for the incredible visibility- others don't have."

Really great little vehicle

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Great for shorter folk; lots of storage areas"

Cons: "Bad base radio, not for large families"

"I like my little car. Got new, 30K miles and no mechanical problems. Great car for short folk (I'm 5'2") with driver and steering wheel adjusts. TV ad with lady and all the kids and their stuff? Uh, no... With grandson's car seat, there's room for one small adult in back seat, no more. Not a car for someone with lots of kids and stuff. I didn't want moonroof but it came with. It leaked badly. Turned in, got rental, fixed in 3 days. Radio is NOT good. I get better mileage than advertised: 24 in town, 27 or better highway."

forester

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Vehicle is overall very good. Very poor stereo system in the base model I purchased. Also had to take into have the wheel arch moldings fixed. Overall rides and performs very well so far."

Great value. Would purchase again.

By on Monday, April 4, 2016

Pros: "Price, Safety, Ground Clearance, Looks"

Cons: "Plastic interior, Fuel mileage, Tires must match"

"I bought my Forester used a couple of years ago when my Wife and I were expecting our first child. It feels really stable with the all wheel drive, especially in inclement weather. It does feel a little cushy during cornering but that may also be due to my other car being a Mazda 3 with sportier suspension. Dependable and reliable. I've only had to change the battery aside from the scheduled maintenance. One thing to keep in mind is with the AWD the tires need to be similarly worn or it could harm the drive train from what I was told, so be sure and balance and rotate your tires as recommended. Also if you have a flat tire and you have to use the donut, be sure to disable the AWD system until you're back on 4 matching tires. The interior looks good. I don't have leather and some of the plastic is a little cheap feeling. Also, when you slam the doors it makes more of a hollow sound than what I'm used to but that may just be me being overly critical. I do mostly stop and go driving and average around 21 mpg. This improves to somewhere around 25 on road trips typically. In my opinion this was a great combo of price, safety, looks, usability, and light off road capability for my little family."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals