2011 Subaru Forester

8.1

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

great AWD SUV for the money

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "drive like a true SUV with the latest tech"

Cons: "feel like a true off road vehicle."

"First of all, I read a lot about people complaining that the front seats are too low, I hope these people realize that there is a lever on the side of the seat that you can jack the seat up higher, my wife is 5' tall, and with the seat jacked all the way up, she can see out all the way to the front just fine. This car's MPG is pretty close to what the manufacture claims, 21 city 27 hwy, and I think that's pretty good for an AWD SUV. The interior is very roomy, acceleration is decent, that means from red light to the speed limit, it will accelerate just like any other new car without catching the attention of the police; I obviously don't expect to drag race this car for any reason. For this car the 4 speed Trans is ok, I don’t notice any sluggish, but I think it would be better if it’s equipped with 6spd transmission like the one on the Legacy. Taking this SUV off road is the best fun of all; so far, I only test the summer condition, climbing and descending hills. The Bluetooth works great with T-Mobile phone, voice is clear, and microphone picks up every word I say. What I don't like is the rear seat; it feels like the car is swaying a little bit whenever my wife hits the brake. I like the engine configuration, everything is well placed, oil filter right on top, brake fluid, windshield fluid, steering fluid, coolant fluid, engine oil check, trans oil check, all are within reach for easy maintenance, this car is the true SUV of the past with today’s technology, and by the way, because of the boxer engine configuration, I drove the car for 1 hr. on the freeway, after stopping, I put my hand on the hood, and I felt almost heat."

Good experience having the Forester as a rental

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: ""Automatic" 4-wheel drive, low road noise"

Cons: "Base trim is missing some basic features."

"The Forester is admittedly not an attractive car and I never looked at it twice before renting it when visiting Hawaii/Maui. I was pleasantly surprised driving it. It drives much better than my wife's Escape and the engine is quieter and more powerful. The base trim is missing a few basics, e.g. tinted rear windows, cover for the trunk, automatic headlights, etc. But I was quite impressed with the symmetrical all-wheel drive and its handling off-road. (I took the Forester on some more adventurous paths and even the beach.) Nice fit and finish too on the inside. Overall a pretty nice little SUV, especially if you do some off-roading. Despite its looks, I might consider it the next time I'm in the market for small SUV."

I'm a Suby convert

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"This is my 2nd Forester (1st was an 05). I've had it for two months, and really only have two complaints. First, it's a little worse on gas than my last one. It gets 23 MPG consistently, while my 05 got 26-27. I'm ok with it because it is a slightly bigger car, but still. The other thing is that the interior is somewhat cheaply made and scratches VERY easily. All of the silver trim work around the shifter and on the dash is very susceptible to damage. My dog rode in the car one time and now there are nail dent marks in the console lid. When my GPS fell off the window once the area around the shifter became scuffed. I wouldn't care if it were plainer looking, as long as the material was more durable. It hasn't even been 6 months with the car! I shudder to think what the interior will look like in 5 years. Other than that, I love it. Great in the snow and an all around awesome value. I'm sure I will be getting another Forester after this one (wonder what the 2016 model will look like?)."

Incredible value and cargo SF for the money !

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional value for the $. Teriffic cargo SF"

Cons: "could use updating interior"

"I recently recorded 31.8 mpg hwy, average 24.6 mpg city. This beats the mfg projections. Subaru states this car WILL last 15 years, and that's why there are none on the used car lots. Owners love them-won't trade them. Certainly not as stylish in/or out as competition, but is FAR less cost, retains its value, and remains tops in collision/insurance ratings. I bought this 2011 Forester Premium 2.5 for the incredible visibility- others don't have."

Amazing value

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Great value, standard AWD, zippy, comfy"

Cons: "Seating comfort on long drives is TBD."

"I've driven the Forester for a little over 2 years now and - before this car - never considered a Subaru. I was looking to lower my payments but still keep SUV capabilities and "creature features" like heated seats. I did considerable research and found consistently high marks for the Forester in all categories. In looking at features per dollar and comparing to similar competing models, I felt the Forester couldn't be beaten on paper with standard AWD. The Limited version offered those creature features my wife and I both wanted (not needed, just wanted) at what we felt was an unbeatable price. Two years later, and I have been so pleasantly surprised: excellent reliability, fun to drive, economical in all categories, comfortable, and unstoppable in any weather conditions. I am a huge Subaru fan now and can't say enough good things about the Forester and brand. I leased, and my current resale value vs purchase option makes trading for a new model near the end a very attractive option."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals