• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Subaru Forester

8.1

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

2013 Subaru Forester X Premium with Plus Package!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value for your money, fun to drive, AWD"

Cons: "Materials quality inside, thin upholstery"

"I have owned this Marine Blue 2013 Subaru Forester 5 speed manual with the Plus Package since Feb of 2013. It isn't driven long distance very often but sure is fun to drive. The car also provides a very useful double duty as our RV tow vehicle and is fantastic to have on camping trips. Subaru's Symmetrical AWD is wonderful in just about any terrain and the ground clearance is also quite useful. The new FB25 Boxer engine has been very reliable and I haven't noticed any of the oil consumption issues that some have described online. The oil has been changed one time at 1000 miles and has stayed right on the full mark for the last 3200 miles. I love the power, sound and torque of the Boxer engine and the 5 speed makes the perfect combo. The interior materials could be a little higher quality as there are some areas that are pretty hard plastic that is easy to scratch and the dash seems pretty "stiff" to me. The heated seat buttons are also in an awkward location and sometimes hard to reach. Other than that, it is a wonderful SUV and if the quality of materials were a little higher, it would be a solid 10 in my book. Other than that, you will love the Forester and certainly cannot go wrong with a car from a company that cares as much as Subaru does. Need to be convinced a bit more? As I type this review, I just picked up my second Forester! I bought a 2015 2.5i Premium with the CVT and I hope it is as good as my 2013. I am excited to have 2 Foresters in the household now and will write a review as I drive it a bit more."

COMFORTABLE SUV WITH GREAT FUEL ECONOMY AND AWD!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, BLUETOOTH W/ AUDIO STREAMING, AWD"

Cons: "I DONT HAVE ANY."

"WHETHER GOING THROUGH FLOODED ROADS, A FOOT OF SNOW, MUDDY TRAILS, THIS VEHICLE HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN. THE AWD WITH TRACTION CONTROL WORKS FLAWLESSLY IN MOST CONDITIONS. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AN EVERYDAY DRIVEN SUV THAT CAN HAUL THE KIDS AND MOST OTHER THINGS BUT IS NOT A PICKUP TRUCK FOR HAULING SHEETROCK OR A LOAD OF 2X4'S OR A LIFTED JEEP WITH A SNORKLE TO BURY IN WATER, MUD, OR ROCK CLIMBING. THE REAR SEATS OFFER AMPLE LEG ROOM AS WELL AS RECLINE CAPABILITY, CENTER ARMREST AND CUPHOLDERS THAT DONT INTERFERE WITH THE USE OF CENTER ARMREST. OWN ONE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. I'M ON MY 4TH SUBARU."

Wonderful one owner vehicle. Disabled veteran.

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Premium features, very low mileage."

Cons: "Minor scratches on passenger side door."

Rare find, low Miles, a real gem.

"Disabled veteran. Vehicle rarely driven. Like new. Downsizing to something smaller. Premium features - navigation system, Sirius radio, LoJack. Extended warranty."

Rare find, low Miles, a real gem.

Reliable, roomy, could use more power but good gas

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, easy to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not much passing power"

"Only annoyance is that things slide around in the cargo area, but they probably do in all SUV's."

I like this car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"I like this car"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals