2009 Subaru Forester

8.1

Based on 240 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Drives and rides like a regular sedan. Very agile.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "One of the best, great price, My Forester is great"

Cons: "Got up to 29 mph on HW, but city < 18"

"I'm second owner and love my first Subaru. Got my first suggestion to try Subaru 20 years ago from my favorite cousin. Love the Crossover handling and smooth automatic pick up and go. Easy to care for, all I've done in years is to recently change over the entire suite of timing belt and water pump and pulleys. The AWD (my first experience) is an excellent addition to any vehicle. It very road hugging like my new MGB 36 years ago. Negatives, I wish it got better mileage in the city, and the engine heat indicator that turns off when the car is "ready to drive" takes a minute. I've always only waited maybe 15 to 30 sec's and take it easy for the first few miles."

best vehicle ever!!!

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

"This is my first Subaru but it will not be my last! I went 92k miles before any major repairs were needed, new brakes. At 95k new tires were added."

A Great Automobile

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "A great reliable car that is fun to drive ."

Cons: "Wish they had cup holders"

"I have 2011 Forester and will buy another. It handles like a sports car the engine is quick and responsive and the steering is quick and precise. In snow it goes as well as my 4x4 jeep My only complaint, I'm about 6'1" tall and the drivers seat doesn't go quite far enough back for my comfort on long drives. I just sat in a new 2015 Forester and I love what they did with it. Beefed up the body style made the interior roomier and the drivers seat goes back far enough someone 7' tall. The car is reliable and other than normal service have not had any service issues with the car"

looks, drives just like new

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great car, great driving, But I want more comforts"

Cons: "Rides a little rough when the roads are bad. Yes"

"have all my minor work on the cars. services when needed Subrau .. I have paper for. two accidents.sb The car is great to drive and, The two accident you would never notice itl"

Great idea executed poorly

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

"I wish I didn't have to bash this machine, but it deserves it in a few areas. Lets start with the good: Driving this car is an amazing ride and feel. Steering is sensitive and responsive, braking is excellent, suspension is smooth, and pleasant over California's non-maintained garbage roads. Gas milage is low for a more modern car. My old 1996 Rav4 did 22mpg. My 2010 Forester averages 23mpg. The cons: The EJ25 motor is prone to head gasket failure. Subaru knows it, was sued over it, but decided keep the design for 13+ years. The car comes new off the lot with stop leak mixed in with the radiator fluid (radiator conditioner is the Subaru customer facing politically correct name) At 43,000 miles the shift fork wore out. Either the previous owner was really bad at shifting or this is another design flaw. Boots on the sway bar end links were ripped at 43k miles. Fabric inside is cheap. And the plastics are soft and scratch easily. And seriously... Why is there no manual transmission turbo option? Converting the X to an XT is a major ordeal for those that DIY build cars. Subaru is not on par with Honda in this category. If Honda offerd a real AWD CR-V instead of this FWD lie they call 4WD/AWD Subaru would not be able to compete.. AWD is all Subaru Forester has going for it at the moment."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals