2000 Subaru Forester

Based on 312 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

The Best All Around Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"I get close to 30mpg on the highway and with the all wheel drive I still go more places than my friends do with their big 4x4s. It handles really good in the snow. In fact I drove it out on the lake to go ice fishing. I got close to getting stuck a couple times, but when you are motoring through up to 2 feet of snow I was very impressed!!! I've owned two fullsized trucks and a jeep before this forester and I still go through the woods and snow like I used to. This car is the BEST overal buy on the market period."

Saved my sons life!!!

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I've owned this car since 2001, always reliable no major issues, just routine maintenace. My son recieved his license in June. It just took a glace away from the road (no cell phone or texting) and he hit a telephone pole. The pole broke in two and the car was totaled. All he had was brusing and a sprained ankle. The Forester took all the brunt and goes to show that it is well built and a safe vehicel. Time to buy another one."

A solid all-weather vehicle

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"This is an excellent vehiclewhich I've driven in torrential rain and winter snow. It has held up wonderfully. The backseat is a little on the small side, but the performance is wonderful."

Great College Car

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Got this car to commute everyday, around 10 miles, to college. This car is an absolute beast, I took it offroading, drove it in heavy Michigan snow, rain and mud. The Subie never lost a step, started on a dime and pumped AC or heat quickly. Only problems I had was with the overhead clock (busted), the seats aren't comfortable (who cares) and I replaced the stock tires with Kelly all terrains. 104K miles so far. Red Forester S."

Good family car

By on Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"I bought this car just over a year and a half ago when we decided to have our second child and it is great for that purpose. I have 2 car seats (1 toddler seat and 1 infant seat) and usually an 80lb dog in the car. My only issue is the passenger seat has to be closer to the dash than most people like because I cannot fit the infant seat behind my seat (and I'm only 5'6"), the back seat needs to be further back. I have also had to replace both O2 sensors and a CV shaft but since I bought it with 119K, that's not a big deal. That said, it's good in the snow, gets good gas mileage, and handles really well, I enjoy driving this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals