1998 Subaru Forester

Based on 309 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

I love my Subaru

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"This is my 6th Subaru. I've owned it for 9 years. My last one i owned for 8 years. They just keep on running. Because I care a great deal about the vehicles I own, I take care them mechanically and keep them clean inside and out. I believe this extends their life and their reliability. Subarus are sturdy & built to last. I feel safe in mine but I drive safely. I love the snow and I am not hindered from driving in it. They are good on gas but I just wish they were even more gas efficient."

The Best All Around Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"I get close to 30mpg on the highway and with the all wheel drive I still go more places than my friends do with their big 4x4s. It handles really good in the snow. In fact I drove it out on the lake to go ice fishing. I got close to getting stuck a couple times, but when you are motoring through up to 2 feet of snow I was very impressed!!! I've owned two fullsized trucks and a jeep before this forester and I still go through the woods and snow like I used to. This car is the BEST overal buy on the market period."

Saved my sons life!!!

By on Thursday, September 02, 2010

"I've owned this car since 2001, always reliable no major issues, just routine maintenace. My son recieved his license in June. It just took a glace away from the road (no cell phone or texting) and he hit a telephone pole. The pole broke in two and the car was totaled. All he had was brusing and a sprained ankle. The Forester took all the brunt and goes to show that it is well built and a safe vehicel. Time to buy another one."

Excellent Car

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"For a busy person with passengers, this vehicle is fabulous! Love this car! Low maintenance, AWD, high underbelly, superior safety ratings, loads of storage room and roof rack. Fantastic car, will absolutely buy another Subaru."

Best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Great handling in all weather, good mileage."

Cons: "can't tow a 5000 pound trailer."

"I bought this vehicle new in 1999, and have had it for 12 years now. It uses some oil, but still gets nearly 25 miles per gallon. Has never had any major problems...occasional oxygen sensor crapping out, but everything else has held up fine. Replaced the struts last year, and it feels like a new car again. I had a Toyota corolla wagon for ten years a while back, and never thought I'd find a vehicle as nice as that again, but the Subaru surpassed it. I'm trading it in soon to upgrade to a vehicle that has higher towing capability to pull a camper, now that I've retired, or else I'd still be keeping this one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals