2014 Subaru BRZ Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,824 - $24,593.

10/7.9

9.8

Based on 12 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
    10.0/10
    9.9/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great handling machine, a bit too much road noise

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great handling. Superb MPG"

Cons: "Road Noise is annoying"

Taking a rest at the park

"Excellent car for a weekend get away, driving around town, or the old fashion Sunday drive. The MPG is exceptional and this car is really fun to drive. Long trips are taxing on body and road noise is annoying."

Taking a rest at the park

A blast to drive -- Attracts gawkers

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "Awesome handling, great design aesthetics, value!"

Cons: "Touch screen navigation is icky"

Not the best photo, but there it is. Love the WR Blue Pearl paint.

"We've been Subie fans for well over a decade. When I saw the BRZ announcement and the early reviews, I knew I found the replacement for my Subaru Legacy GT. We've put about 575 miles on the car in a couple of weeks. Still babying the engine during the 1,000 mi break-in, so I have not explored the higher rev regime. That being said, this car will make anyone drive like a pro. It is sure-footed and instills confidence in driving. For fun I've tossed the car through a few corners and it is amazing how well the car goes hard through corners. Accelerate going around the cloverleaf to enter the highway, you bet, love the G's! The seats are like big hugs and hold you firmly in place. The car just seems to love going in something other than a straight line. The instrument panel at night is wonderful on the eyes. As a pilot, I've always loved red instrument panels because it is better for your night vision. Another cool feature on the Limited model is a projection adjustment on the HID head-lights. You can point them more down toward the road, or with a turn of a button raise them up to look farther down the road. This is a driver's car. If you love cars, love engineering, and love driving, you'll dig this car immensely. It isn't a screamer. For people that need lots of HP to over-compensate for something this is not the car for you. Handling, yes, power, so-so. At 200 HP the power to weight ratio is just dandy unless you are going to the track to race. There is a long waiting list for these cars. They are on allocation to the dealers. Ours took 9 months to come in to our dealer. I've heard rumors that Subaru is releasing 6,000 per year in the US market. That is NOT a lot. As soon as it shows up in "Fast and Furious" next year, the demand is only going up. I'm betting these cars hold their value very well over time. This car attracts a LOT of attention. Every time my wife and I come out of the market or she from her office, people are walking around the car looking in and at it. It is beautiful to look at. I've chatted with a lot of strangers who want to know all about the car. Subaru nailed it. *Seriously* nailed it. I loved my Legacy GT, but this BRZ is a worthy replacement and simply a joy to drive."

Not the best photo, but there it is. Love the WR Blue Pearl paint.

Better handling than my friends Ferrari and Porche

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Incredible handling and fun to drive. Good mileage"

Cons: "Audio/navigation controls. Storage compartments."

"This is an incredible sports car for the money! Although the horsepower is not comparable, the handling and visibility is superior to much more expensive vehicles. The limited trim is well worth the approximate $2000.00 for all the extras. The only improvements suggested would be larger and more convenient controls on the audio and navigation system, along with more cabin storage. The front seat comfort is very good and the rear seats are usable in a pinch. They also help the insurance cost. This car will be a classic and outpaces a similarly priced Miata in features and performance. Highly recommended!!!"

Fantastic car for the money - fun, great MPG

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "limited number of cup holders"

"I picked up my Limited model with 6-speed on July 3rd -- now have 1500 miles on it and have averaged 32.8 mpg while enjoying the peformance (mix of city and highway driving). The car is fantastic -- loaded with features, drives great, handles well, and is an all-around a FUN car. The back seat is really there just for insurance purposes and that seems to work."

AWESOME CAR IF YOU CAN GET ONE

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "TURNING, TORQUE, FLASHY CAR"

Cons: "NONE"

"I purchased this car two months ago on a first come first serve basis. No mark-up on this car in honolulu. I've heard that the outer islands are marking this car up $5K more than MSRP! So i got a great deal at MSRP. Fun car the drive. People turn their heads when driving wondering what is that! Great gas mileage. Takes Premium gas. Worried about where i park the car. I honolulu there will be about 17 cars for the entire year for sale. So i lucked out. came to the dealership three hours before they opened. I snapped it up right away! You won't be disappointed with this hard to get roadster. Good luck finding one available for sale at MSRP."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next