2003 Subaru Baja

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Best car/truck I have ever had

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, great for cargo"

Cons: "no trunk"

"I usually get tired of a care and want to trade by 4 years. This has been a great vehicle, minimal repairs needed and still running great!. I know there will come a time to buy something else but am hoping this lasts longer. Great buy. Unfortunately they stopped making it."

Almost great

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Roomy front and back; fills niche for pickup/car quandry; stylish; superb handling; excellent m.p.g.; Plenty of punch past 3000 rpm, and handles well at high speeds. Major disappointment in Sport version is lack of response in lower r.p.m. range."

Seats make me sad

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"I LOVE this car, but driving it for more than a couple hours leaves me with b sore back and aching hips. If the seats were more comfortable, this would be the perfect car. I love having the bed for my SCUBA gear and the AWD is great. The climate control is a bit rudimentary, but usually adequate for the small cabin."

Crowd Favorite... Among the thinking consumer

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Versatility, Handling, Reliability, Fun, Affordabl"

Cons: "Manual Trans gear ratio, gas mileage (turbo)"

"After owning and loving this car for 8 years, I'm not surprised that the overall consumer rating for this under-appreciated vehicle is a 9+. I have always felt that the Baja was a drastically under-promoted, under-supported, under-appreciated vehicle. Subaru, prior to terminating production of what I like to my "Pickup Car" never, every did a stitch of advertising for this little gem and quit selling it back in 2006 right before gas prices went sky-high, the economy tanked, and big pickup trucks lost favor with the American consumer. They stopped selling this "perfect solution" just when they should have been ratcheting up marketing and production. Now, beyond the rant, My favorite things about this car: - Versatility - Handling in tough conditions - 4 seats AND a pickup bed! - Reliability - Low cost for minor and major repairs - Sturdy, quality build - Longevity The very few things that could be improved: - Gas mileage - Gear ratio on the manual transmission sucks (WAY too low, I need to switch into 4th gear at 40 mph) - Heat could be improved a little, no/little air flow down low, by my legs/feet. Ever since they discontinued this vehicle I've had dreams that maybe they would bring it back a 3rd time as a HYBRID, and make it one of their flagship hybrids. With the right exposure, with the right ad campaign, I belive that Subaru would be very happy with the sales and the buzz of this approach. I know I would."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Great car, paid good price ."

"This vehicle has really been tested by me. Since my job requires me to work six days a week, I have had my Subaru Baja through some very tough weather, from bad rain and sleet storms to the terrible blizzard of 2010. It still handled like a dream and got me home safely. This car also has other important features such as all wheel drive, you get good gas mileage, and you also have the turbo, when you need it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Baja near Honolulu. See local deals