2015 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,821 - $13,034.

Invoice N/A
Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

10/3.3

8.4

Based on 214 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Excellent concept, but needs a few things.

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Good resale value, fun ride, a memorable vehicle."

Cons: "Poor transmission, few service areas."

"I like the room for my 6'2" frame, enjoy the fun ride, and love passing gas stations. However, I live in a rural area and the nearest place to have it serviced is 165 miles away. Unfortunately, I've had to spend $2400 in the past couple of months on service. The dealer says I'm just having bad luck at 29,000 miles, which I figure translates into "You've got a lemon." Therefore I'm having to sell it. I don't want to get rid of it, but it just doesn't make sense to hope it won't cost me any more in the next little while. Too bad. It has a lot going for it, but unless you live quite near a city with a dealership it's probably not the right car for you."

Fun car like no other

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"Fun well designed car. Great to look at. Very comfortable (I'm 6ft4). Excellent customer care, with lots of warranty repairs, recalls, bulletins in the beginning, most reliable after that. Count on 40mpg on PREMIUM gas, always. Very safe on the freeway. Got it up to 90 mph, when the rev limiter kicked in. Excellent to drive in bad weather. More fun to drive hard! Cheap interior. Lousy speakers. Atrocious transmission, stalls and heaves when shifting. Jiggly ride. But so fun to drive and own. Depreciates fast! Get a low mileage good used one, or negotiate! DO NOT EVER pay MSRP on a smart! I did and found myself 2 grand upside down on my loan when I traded it in."

Great car for commuting to work

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Read my complete review"

Cons: "Read my complete review"

"I've had this one since 2009 and it is a great car for commuting, and excellent gas mileage once you shift to manual mode. Now one thing I would like to point out to those who have read this review. You will noticed a jerking feeling to it because it is not physically an automatic transmission. It uses a manual transmission with an automatic mode and a computer controlled clutch. So direct to the point: Pros: Great gas mileage Very easy to maintain Not alot of mechanical issues Parking is not a problem Power:Weight ratio is good Cons: You will get cut off by larger vehicles alot"

decent car

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage and drivability"

Cons: "rough ride on bumpy roads"

"I have driven this car through iowa winters and it handles very well, the stability control and tracking help alot on slippery roads. great gas mileage averaged 40 mpg mixed city highway driving. however the ride is rough small car does not handle bumpy roads well."

WOW!

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I love this car! What a hoot to drive and the attention it gets is unbelievable! I'm also blown away at how stable it is on the highway and the great mileage I get (38). I bought this for my wife to drive but she hasn't gotten to yet! Maybe I should drive it for another 6 months or so to make sure it's safe!!!"