2015 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,377 - $13,100.

Invoice N/A

10/3.3

8.4

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Excellent concept, but needs a few things.

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Good resale value, fun ride, a memorable vehicle."

Cons: "Poor transmission, few service areas."

"I like the room for my 6'2" frame, enjoy the fun ride, and love passing gas stations. However, I live in a rural area and the nearest place to have it serviced is 165 miles away. Unfortunately, I've had to spend $2400 in the past couple of months on service. The dealer says I'm just having bad luck at 29,000 miles, which I figure translates into "You've got a lemon." Therefore I'm having to sell it. I don't want to get rid of it, but it just doesn't make sense to hope it won't cost me any more in the next little while. Too bad. It has a lot going for it, but unless you live quite near a city with a dealership it's probably not the right car for you."

More fun than a pet monkey!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"It's hard to believe the ride and comfort you get in this little car. I expected to compromise in that are but pleasantly found out that is not the case. In fact when in the car, you forget how small it is when looking at it from the outside. It doesn't FEEL small! A blast to drive and rides and handles well. Spirited and responsive too. I love my smart cabrio!"

Very impressive wee vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I own this car

Pros: "buy a used one, after the inititial depreciation."

Cons: "takes some getting used to after a large car"

"Since I began driving in the mid to late 1940s, I've owned 39 cars, including 3 British sports cars. This wee car -- a "Passion" model convertible with all of the goodies, is a hoot to own and drive. The quality that Daimler has built into this product is truly impressive. On the (mildly) negative side is the ride on poorly paved road surfaces; one feels every leaf and pebble. However, I really don't mind that, considering the quality of the car and the fun it is to drive. I would definitely buy another should the need arise."

Fun car like no other

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"Fun well designed car. Great to look at. Very comfortable (I'm 6ft4). Excellent customer care, with lots of warranty repairs, recalls, bulletins in the beginning, most reliable after that. Count on 40mpg on PREMIUM gas, always. Very safe on the freeway. Got it up to 90 mph, when the rev limiter kicked in. Excellent to drive in bad weather. More fun to drive hard! Cheap interior. Lousy speakers. Atrocious transmission, stalls and heaves when shifting. Jiggly ride. But so fun to drive and own. Depreciates fast! Get a low mileage good used one, or negotiate! DO NOT EVER pay MSRP on a smart! I did and found myself 2 grand upside down on my loan when I traded it in."

Smart4Two

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Fun to drive as automatic or with paddle shift. Milage is at least 40 mpg in city useing premium gas. On highway sway when tractor trailors passing is about the same as VW Beetle. In convertable w/ top down adding 2 more speakers would improve sound system. No matter what car is a head turner - don't be in a hurry to leave parking lot ppl ask questions and want to see inside. Wish more accessories were available."