2014 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,031 - $16,944.

Invoice N/A

10/3.4

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

A blast to drive

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Fun, handling, easy to park, great brakes"

Cons: "Wind noise above 75MPH"

"leased this Cabriolet because it is sharp looking, fun to drive, and different. I have only my wife as an occasional passenger and don't need a big klunker. Lease deal is great, so I can turn in with 36000 miles and still be on warranty. Averaging 39 MPG and have had no problems. Top works great even at 70 MPH. Get a weeks worth of groceries in rear or two carry on bags when going to airport. Love the automatic clutch manual. People who don't like the tranny are most likely trying to drive it in automatic which is not the best way. With the paddle shifters, I put it in the gear I want and have plenty of acceleration up to about 65 MPH. Above 75 mph get a lot of wind noise, but never drive on interstate for more that 10 miles at a time, so no problem. Fit and finish is excellent for a very low priced car. Love the radio with the flash drive in the glove box. Everything neat and out of the way."

Outstanding value

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Outstanding value; safe and inexpensive to drive"

Cons: "Comfortable but spartan interior"

"Smart is a spin off of Mercedes and the mechanical parts reflect this heritage. If you are looking for luxury and power, this is not your vehicle. But if you are looking for a safe car that is fun to drive, easy to park, highly reliable, and an outstanding value to drive, the smart fortwo may be for you"

Love this car!!

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "great price,fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "honestly haven't found any yet"

Just chillin'

"I bought a 2009 Smart Passion new in June '09. Five-plus years later, I'm still in love with this little bug. It would take something HUGE to have me get rid of it. Many reviews talk about how uncomfortable/tedious it is or would be to drive for a long time on the highway. Well, in July 2014, me and my Smart car drove round-trip from Nashville to Maryland, 680 miles, 11 hours, stopping only for gas and the occasional stretch. It was terrific! I was comfortable, not stressed out being on interstates w/larger vehicles, and arrived without feeling wrung out. Since I bought it, I've needed only new tires, windshield washers, and a new battery (beyond the recommended oil changes, etc.). Guys...it doesn't get much better than this!"

Just chillin'

Fun to drive, easy to park and easy to fuel up.

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "It's a great car to drive and own"

Cons: "Bouncy, noisy & transmission which is unusual"

"If you ever had a beetle in your life you'll soon realize the similarities. Best maneuvering ever, such as quick U-turns, turning a small space into a parking spot. Fantastic interior room contradict its exterior size. Plenty of power contrary to what some believe. If I can't pass I wait it's simple. Mileage is great averaging a 'true' 39 mpg in around town driving. The car wasn't bought because of mileage anyway, for that there are better more expensive and poor handling Hybrid cars with heavy batteries. I get over 350 miles on a tank of gas, so I don't have to go to the gas station very often. So far I have been fortunate to only spent money on maintenance and that is at a local foreign car repair shop. Dealers as we all know are far too expensive. The built in radio and speakers are mediocre at best and can be upgraded by an independent shop. Heavy winds on a highway will keep keep my driver participation on a higher level, yet I still enjoy driving it... regardless. Why because I believe the smallest car at 8ft 8" is a marvel in engineering. It has the ESP feature which will prevent the car from swerving into a dangerous situation. That's another marvel of engineering and is standard on all new cars now. As for a good looking car, I believe it is well designed and I always am pleased to see it one on the road for it's something like on a cover of a Pop. Science of years ago. Two people in great comfort sitting upright gives one a great feeling of security unlike sitting in a Mazda Miata which is quite low in comparison.. The NASCAR type cage is what gives me a perceived safe feeling because when hit, the car will bounce away and not simply collapse. I also realize a larger car may be safer, yet I can maneuver faster to avoid an possible accident. There's always someone bigger than you-- no matter what you drive. When shopping the rear area is surprisingly spacious for cargo and one can take long slim items up to 76" long between the footwell by the seats to a closed rear window. I changed out the exterior to another color with a friend in two- three hours, resold the panels and came out even monetarily. With what other car can one do this? So do I like my car? Yes"

Love to drive it and so easy to get around town.

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "Low price, easy and fun to drive. 40 MPG!"

Cons: "You sit very close to your passanger."

"This is a very affordable (40 MPG!) and fun car to drive. Two larger adults can easily fit in it. It has lots of head room. My 85 year old mother loves it because it is so easy for her to get in and out of. The door opens wide. The amount of glass all around gives you a wide open feeling for such a small car. Even though the space is small in the back, packed right, I can load a whole basket of Costco goods in it. The passenger front seat folds down for longer items. People always stop and ask me about it. They worry about the safety of such a small car. I tell them to go to the OFFICIAL car safety sites. The Smart is rated very well - in the same league as all small cars. It has front and side air bags and is built around a steel safety cage. I've had this car for 4 years and have no complaints."