• 2014 Compact Cars

2013 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,384 - $12,049.

Invoice N/A

10/3.5

Based on 190 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love Love LOVE our Smart Car!!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mpg, EASY to wash & wax"

Cons: "NONE that we've found"

"We've had our 2012 for two years. (Less than 10,000 miles as we leave the AZ heat for five months each summer.) It took my husband a little while to get used to driving it as this replaced a 5-speed Miata - Zoom Zoom. There is really nothing offensive about this car. More storage room than you would expect. We average 37 to 42 mpg, depending on A/C use. Have taken it on 200+ mile road trips and it was wonderful. You can't beat it for in-town driving. You can make a U-turn in a driveway!!! Absolutely NO problems. Plan to drive this little gem for another 10 years or so."

Not a car for everyone, but a terrific car for me.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great mileage. Curious onlookers."

Cons: "Relatively high price for size of car."

"It may feel like driving a go-cart with a gear box. It does bounce over bumps more than a regular sedan 3 times it's length. But if you are not over 70 and don't need a snoozer of a ride, this car is fun. My wife drives it about 5000 miles a year around town and loves every bit of it. It has more leg room than most sedans. It's reliable, quick and fun to drive by shifting the gears with the cute paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I wouldn't drive this thing at 90 mph which I am told they will go, but for an economical drive around town, you can't beat the mileage or fun."

dissapointed

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"I have owned this care for 3+ yrs.PROS: Loved it for size and comfortable interior. Hate it for driving dynamics and minor but costly malfunctioning's. CONS: Driving: makes jerky mvnts when changing gears if you are not careful enough to push it very slow.(Great on highway tho, makes 70mi/hr w/o effort) Horrible on speed bumps. Costly , minor malfunctioning: radio broke down: would cost me $800(w/installation) to replace it! screeching brakes (still good but screeching) and cleaning didn't help it, mechanic said nothing he can do about it. Once the battery in the key died: I could open the car manually but would not be able to lock it manually. I can't open the car's hatchback door while car's keys are in and car is running. I am said, I love the compactness of this car, since I use it for commute only, but... because of above - will get rid of it..."

We love this little guy....

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "No spare tire or jack but has a "repair kit""

"Drove from Denver to the western slope of Co.(300 mi) bought this car new 2 days ago. Thus the low mi.It took the Eisenhower Tunnel (elevation 11,000 ft. @ 70 mi per hour in 3rd gear. The little engine was working hard but we passed full size cars with ease. Took Vail pass @10,000 ft at the same speed. And got 50 mi per gallon. (honest) The ride can be a little harsh on rough roads. But we not only kept up with the big guys but passed many. Even on the grades. Top speed on this little guy 92 mph. We leased the car for 3 years so if in the future we dont like it we'll return and walk. But if we like it we'll sign up for a new model. I hope MB makes it with this car because I think its a hit. You have to understand the transmission and why it works the way it does. When you understand why you'll learn to live with it and realize its a good tranny and perfect for this car. It doesnt ride like my Deville but its perfect for around town and short trips.."

Really Fun and Cute Car

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I've had this car for 5 years now, and I still love owning it! She is really fun to drive and one you learn to compensate for the fact that you're driving something that gets pushed around by air pressure, it's really relaxing. I always get complements on her looks and there is always a patron or two at a gas station fill up that has questions about it and what it's like to own (which I find to be fun). I've kept her on regularly scheduled maintenance and haven't had any mechanical problems yet. My only long term concerns are about the places that I can get it serviced. There are only five places in my state that are designated "Smart Centers" and it's near impossible to find any mechanic that will even look twice at it outside of those locations. It's inconvenient, but it's still totally worth owning. :-)"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25