2009 smart fortwo

8.4

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Fun car like no other

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Fun well designed car. Great to look at. Very comfortable (I'm 6ft4). Excellent customer care, with lots of warranty repairs, recalls, bulletins in the beginning, most reliable after that. Count on 40mpg on PREMIUM gas, always. Very safe on the freeway. Got it up to 90 mph, when the rev limiter kicked in. Excellent to drive in bad weather. More fun to drive hard! Cheap interior. Lousy speakers. Atrocious transmission, stalls and heaves when shifting. Jiggly ride. But so fun to drive and own. Depreciates fast! Get a low mileage good used one, or negotiate! DO NOT EVER pay MSRP on a smart! I did and found myself 2 grand upside down on my loan when I traded it in."

decent car

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage and drivability"

Cons: "rough ride on bumpy roads"

"I have driven this car through iowa winters and it handles very well, the stability control and tracking help alot on slippery roads. great gas mileage averaged 40 mpg mixed city highway driving. however the ride is rough small car does not handle bumpy roads well."

Cute conversation piece

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Cute!, fits tall people, 40mpg, easy parking, safe"

Cons: "Catches wind, limited cargo capacity"

"I am 6'tall and this car even holds my 6'7" son! It is roomy and comfortable to drive in the city and on the highway unless it is very windy. Gets 40 mpg, easy to park, been very reliable and it is cute! It can hold a set of golf clubs, or couple suitcases or a load of groceries, but space is limited. The ignition key is located between the seats and my large dog has bumped it and turned it off on occasion. It is a fun vehicle but I have to use my old mini van for hauling gardening supplies or extra people."

This car makes me smile

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Why did I buy this car? Many reasons: built in an environmental factory, recyclable vehicle (you just have to get it back to the factory in France, though), high mileage (I get 40 on my commute, and 45 on the highway), cute!, SAFE, and the cheapest convertible on the market. It makes me smile every time I drive it -- just can't help myself. Thanks for reading!"

WOW!

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I love this car! What a hoot to drive and the attention it gets is unbelievable! I'm also blown away at how stable it is on the highway and the great mileage I get (38). I bought this for my wife to drive but she hasn't gotten to yet! Maybe I should drive it for another 6 months or so to make sure it's safe!!!"

Great vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Purchased my Smart in July 2008... Fell in love with this micro car during my time in Italy. I was fortunate to get an "orphan" 6 month prior to my "reserved" Smart arriving to the states. Great car to drive; lots of fun.. if you don't like attention; stay away. You will have people taking pictures of your Smart and asking questions about the vehicle wherever you go! I love my Smart!!"

Fun, Speedy, and CUTE!

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"We LOVE this car... bought it 2 months ago and there is a 12-15 month waiting list still for it. We LOVE the convertible too! And, best part is that it is comfortable AND fits in ANY parking space, even motorcycle"

Under Rated

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"I've put over 5000 mi on my Cabrolet Convertible. Wth the top and windows down the wind is not a factor even at75 mph +. I average 44 mpg and can't seem to get it down below 40 mpg and have topped at 51 mpg. Why it's rated at 33 city I'll never know. I ordered every option including heated leather seats and I'm glad I did. I own a new BMW I35 and it stays parked, I own a Honda Accord V-6 coupe and it stays parked. I own a Corvette and it stays parked. The Smart Cabriolet gets driven. The BMW is a cool car and is a lot of fun but the Smart is TMF (too much fun). Having too much fun may be hazardous to your life style so be careful if you decide you want to own one."

Most fun vehicle I've had.

By on Friday, May 9, 2014

Pros: "Size, easy conv top, fun factor"

Cons: "Shifting in early modes"

"I used to get bored with a car after a year. I'm going on 3rd year and don't even look at anything else. It's useful, inexpensive to own and operate, practical, reliable and useful. Everyone told me "it wouldn't do well in the harsh Nebraska winters. Wrong. No issues. I did opt to put in winter tires for added safety - Bridgestone blizaks which are inexpensive and made a big difference. Shifting on these early models were a bit query, however the newer ones have remedied that."

Sophisticated little car.

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "4 down towing behind motor home Super fun factor!"

Cons: "Cup holders are not in a very usable location."

"I am very impressed with this little car. Very refined and well designed. It is a small car so don't expect it to ride like a Cadillac or have a huge cargo area. But for what it is, it is very zippy and fun to drive. Handles well rain, snow or shine. Very roomy for the size, I am 6'2" and fit fine in the car, easy to get in and out of and park anywhere. The convertible top is smooth and flawless, plus just down right fun! Not a car for everyone, but those that want a great little, fun to drive, slightly quirky, but cool car, this is it! Really reminds me of the 70's VW except better built, more reliable and whole lot more fun. Simple sophistication sums up this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals