2009 smart fortwo

8.4

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Fun car like no other

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Fun well designed car. Great to look at. Very comfortable (I'm 6ft4). Excellent customer care, with lots of warranty repairs, recalls, bulletins in the beginning, most reliable after that. Count on 40mpg on PREMIUM gas, always. Very safe on the freeway. Got it up to 90 mph, when the rev limiter kicked in. Excellent to drive in bad weather. More fun to drive hard! Cheap interior. Lousy speakers. Atrocious transmission, stalls and heaves when shifting. Jiggly ride. But so fun to drive and own. Depreciates fast! Get a low mileage good used one, or negotiate! DO NOT EVER pay MSRP on a smart! I did and found myself 2 grand upside down on my loan when I traded it in."

decent car

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage and drivability"

Cons: "rough ride on bumpy roads"

"I have driven this car through iowa winters and it handles very well, the stability control and tracking help alot on slippery roads. great gas mileage averaged 40 mpg mixed city highway driving. however the ride is rough small car does not handle bumpy roads well."

Cute conversation piece

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Cute!, fits tall people, 40mpg, easy parking, safe"

Cons: "Catches wind, limited cargo capacity"

"I am 6'tall and this car even holds my 6'7" son! It is roomy and comfortable to drive in the city and on the highway unless it is very windy. Gets 40 mpg, easy to park, been very reliable and it is cute! It can hold a set of golf clubs, or couple suitcases or a load of groceries, but space is limited. The ignition key is located between the seats and my large dog has bumped it and turned it off on occasion. It is a fun vehicle but I have to use my old mini van for hauling gardening supplies or extra people."

This car makes me smile

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Why did I buy this car? Many reasons: built in an environmental factory, recyclable vehicle (you just have to get it back to the factory in France, though), high mileage (I get 40 on my commute, and 45 on the highway), cute!, SAFE, and the cheapest convertible on the market. It makes me smile every time I drive it -- just can't help myself. Thanks for reading!"

WOW!

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I love this car! What a hoot to drive and the attention it gets is unbelievable! I'm also blown away at how stable it is on the highway and the great mileage I get (38). I bought this for my wife to drive but she hasn't gotten to yet! Maybe I should drive it for another 6 months or so to make sure it's safe!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals