• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2009 smart fortwo

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

fantastic car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "seat belt no shoulder adjustment"

"puts the fun back in driving well made super fast excellent gas use only the brabus model."

Better than my old lover..

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, easy to park"

Cons: "Rough ride on bad roads.Lots of ? from people!"

"OK, first my "old love" was my 1969 VW Bug. I loved the quick sterring, ease of parking, cute design, and good gas milage. But, now I'm a "Senior Citizen" and I prefer to have a car that has all that PLUS heat, air conditioning, GPS, heated seats, CD/radio etc.(add in the 8 air bags and tridon Safety Cell) I love driving this Smart! I'm mostly traveling around alone, so why do I need a mini van? There is plenty of room in the back compartment for groceries, etc. Plus if you have something larger, the front passenger seat folds down! you can even take your golf clubs! My only complaint would be the ride is a bit rough, but expected with the short wheel base. I bought this car to pull behind the RV, but I drive it everyday, in every kind of weather. It was good in the snow last winter as long as the drift is less that 2 feet! Most importantly, it sits about 9" higher than the normal car, has large door openings, making it easy to enter and exit like my van was. Love it!"

never had so much fun

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "fun, mileage, comfort"

Cons: "$200 for oil change, navigation, winds"

"we have owned the 2013 smart for 6 weeks. 47mpg on first tank. averaging 42 since then city/hwy. learning transmission does take some time. paddle shifters like driving a stick with no clutch. bought it on impulse, but overall happy. only cons: high maintenance cost. pay Mercedes rates but drive s mart car. navigation system horrible with $500 for upgrades. now our fiat 500 sits in the driveway."

Most fun vehicle I've had.

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Size, easy conv top, fun factor"

Cons: "Shifting in early modes"

"I used to get bored with a car after a year. I'm going on 3rd year and don't even look at anything else. It's useful, inexpensive to own and operate, practical, reliable and useful. Everyone told me "it wouldn't do well in the harsh Nebraska winters. Wrong. No issues. I did opt to put in winter tires for added safety - Bridgestone blizaks which are inexpensive and made a big difference. Shifting on these early models were a bit query, however the newer ones have remedied that."

Spunky, Well built baby Benz

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Sip gas, excellent fit & finish, value !!"

Cons: "slight shift lag"

The 09 blue with 13 Ice Shine in reflection

"I love, love, love, my Smart car !!! Despite it's size it has the heart of a lion. My 2009 averages 42 mpg's and I drive it hard testing the limits almost daily. Being built by Mercedes Benz and having a Mitsubishi 3 cyl with just about all the bells and whistles ? Major value for the buck. 20 minute brake pad change (can it get any easier)fit and finish of an E class Mercedes this little car packs a punch. Heater leather seats built to last, a surprising amount of storage space (folks watch us at Costco all the time load up)we love this car. We were so impressed by this one we went out and purchased a 2013 "Ice Shine". With a 5 star crash rating, fuel consumption at a sip we can zip in and out of traffic with ease. Never a safety issue we love these cars. Perfect for the daily commuter, college student or new driver. Being a 2 seater no distractions from lots of passengers. This is a perfect car. Having a muscle car history this little lion changed our minds. The auto stick in the car tends to have a slight lag but I can paddle shift to avoid that. Be it in auto mode, drive it with the stick shift or paddle shift this car is a blast to drive. And the best part ? Both cars fit on one side of the garage so we have room for 4 more !!! No worries on taking it out on a long drive very comfortable and you can dress em up with lots of ideas, body wraps, different wheels endless possibilities. Love these cars !!"

The 09 blue with 13 Ice Shine in reflection

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for