• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2009 smart fortwo

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Fun car like no other

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"Fun well designed car. Great to look at. Very comfortable (I'm 6ft4). Excellent customer care, with lots of warranty repairs, recalls, bulletins in the beginning, most reliable after that. Count on 40mpg on PREMIUM gas, always. Very safe on the freeway. Got it up to 90 mph, when the rev limiter kicked in. Excellent to drive in bad weather. More fun to drive hard! Cheap interior. Lousy speakers. Atrocious transmission, stalls and heaves when shifting. Jiggly ride. But so fun to drive and own. Depreciates fast! Get a low mileage good used one, or negotiate! DO NOT EVER pay MSRP on a smart! I did and found myself 2 grand upside down on my loan when I traded it in."

WOW!

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I love this car! What a hoot to drive and the attention it gets is unbelievable! I'm also blown away at how stable it is on the highway and the great mileage I get (38). I bought this for my wife to drive but she hasn't gotten to yet! Maybe I should drive it for another 6 months or so to make sure it's safe!!!"

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I have owned every high-end sports car and have had my share of head-turning but this little gem has by far the most head-turning of any car I have had. The Smartcar is the #1 rated small car for safety. I have owned Mini Coopers and VW Beattles - all convertibles. The Smartcar Convertible is more fun, more realiable and handles better than its competitors. I'm getting +50 mpg and I think its because I always use premium gas and use the fun paddle shifters. You'll never have to worry about parking. I have driven this car at 100mph on the highway in heavy rain and behind trucks - its does great and I am not ever worried about being in this car just as I never worried about the Mini or VW. The warranty is excellent. I was one of the first ones to get this car and I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. Get over the size and don't listen to any naysayers - for the money, for the fun and for the enviornment - this is the car to have."

Great vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"Purchased my Smart in July 2008... Fell in love with this micro car during my time in Italy. I was fortunate to get an "orphan" 6 month prior to my "reserved" Smart arriving to the states. Great car to drive; lots of fun.. if you don't like attention; stay away. You will have people taking pictures of your Smart and asking questions about the vehicle wherever you go! I love my Smart!!"

Fun, Speedy, and CUTE!

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"We LOVE this car... bought it 2 months ago and there is a 12-15 month waiting list still for it. We LOVE the convertible too! And, best part is that it is comfortable AND fits in ANY parking space, even motorcycle"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals