2009 smart fortwo

Based on 191 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Excellent car. Fun to drive.

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Great 2nd car and easy to drive & park."

Cons: "No cons as I relish my smart car."

"Have not had one issue since owning the car. Great car to drive & has many bells and whistles that my Lincoln has."

eh is all i have to say

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "no room, expensive to maintain, expensive gas,"

"bought the car with 74k on it the car now has 80k and i have had nothing but issues with it airbag light is on TPMS light is on i have had the car in the shop more than iv driven the car i bought it for 10k and i am now trying to get rid of it. the new value is 4,500 how does the price drop that much within 7 months.....i have only put 6k miles on the car. will never buy a smart product again. very unsatisfied"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. and see above"

Cons: "See above"

"Just minor problems: 1. Distance to service it is 300 miles. 2. Occasionally just from automatic to 5 speed. 3. Automatic locking system constantly has to be repaired. Postive aspects: 1. Love that it only has to be serviced every 10,000 miles. 2. I get 45 mpg; husband gets 39 mpg. 3. Safety features are great and is built by Mercedes. :)"

fantastic car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "seat belt no shoulder adjustment"

"puts the fun back in driving well made super fast excellent gas use only the brabus model."

Better than my old lover..

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, easy to park"

Cons: "Rough ride on bad roads.Lots of ? from people!"

"OK, first my "old love" was my 1969 VW Bug. I loved the quick sterring, ease of parking, cute design, and good gas milage. But, now I'm a "Senior Citizen" and I prefer to have a car that has all that PLUS heat, air conditioning, GPS, heated seats, CD/radio etc.(add in the 8 air bags and tridon Safety Cell) I love driving this Smart! I'm mostly traveling around alone, so why do I need a mini van? There is plenty of room in the back compartment for groceries, etc. Plus if you have something larger, the front passenger seat folds down! you can even take your golf clubs! My only complaint would be the ride is a bit rough, but expected with the short wheel base. I bought this car to pull behind the RV, but I drive it everyday, in every kind of weather. It was good in the snow last winter as long as the drift is less that 2 feet! Most importantly, it sits about 9" higher than the normal car, has large door openings, making it easy to enter and exit like my van was. Love it!"

never had so much fun

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "fun, mileage, comfort"

Cons: "$200 for oil change, navigation, winds"

"we have owned the 2013 smart for 6 weeks. 47mpg on first tank. averaging 42 since then city/hwy. learning transmission does take some time. paddle shifters like driving a stick with no clutch. bought it on impulse, but overall happy. only cons: high maintenance cost. pay Mercedes rates but drive s mart car. navigation system horrible with $500 for upgrades. now our fiat 500 sits in the driveway."

Most fun vehicle I've had.

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Size, easy conv top, fun factor"

Cons: "Shifting in early modes"

"I used to get bored with a car after a year. I'm going on 3rd year and don't even look at anything else. It's useful, inexpensive to own and operate, practical, reliable and useful. Everyone told me "it wouldn't do well in the harsh Nebraska winters. Wrong. No issues. I did opt to put in winter tires for added safety - Bridgestone blizaks which are inexpensive and made a big difference. Shifting on these early models were a bit query, however the newer ones have remedied that."

Spunky, Well built baby Benz

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Sip gas, excellent fit & finish, value !!"

Cons: "slight shift lag"

The 09 blue with 13 Ice Shine in reflection

"I love, love, love, my Smart car !!! Despite it's size it has the heart of a lion. My 2009 averages 42 mpg's and I drive it hard testing the limits almost daily. Being built by Mercedes Benz and having a Mitsubishi 3 cyl with just about all the bells and whistles ? Major value for the buck. 20 minute brake pad change (can it get any easier)fit and finish of an E class Mercedes this little car packs a punch. Heater leather seats built to last, a surprising amount of storage space (folks watch us at Costco all the time load up)we love this car. We were so impressed by this one we went out and purchased a 2013 "Ice Shine". With a 5 star crash rating, fuel consumption at a sip we can zip in and out of traffic with ease. Never a safety issue we love these cars. Perfect for the daily commuter, college student or new driver. Being a 2 seater no distractions from lots of passengers. This is a perfect car. Having a muscle car history this little lion changed our minds. The auto stick in the car tends to have a slight lag but I can paddle shift to avoid that. Be it in auto mode, drive it with the stick shift or paddle shift this car is a blast to drive. And the best part ? Both cars fit on one side of the garage so we have room for 4 more !!! No worries on taking it out on a long drive very comfortable and you can dress em up with lots of ideas, body wraps, different wheels endless possibilities. Love these cars !!"

The 09 blue with 13 Ice Shine in reflection

blast to drive

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive very fast a wolf in sheeps clothing."

Cons: "hard ride"

"runs forever on 20 dollars worth of gas"

blast to drive

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive very fast a wolf in sheeps clothing."

Cons: "hard ride"

"runs forever on 20 dollars worth of gas"

Great in every way except these two

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun, surprising headroom & storage"

Cons: "can only be towed on a 4-wheel dolly"

"Have had the car since spring 2007 and loved everything about it except to two items. My husband and I move often and also drive long distance (such as round trip Florida to Rhode Island) once or twice most years. The first problem is this car cannot be towed normally, which is a hassle due to our lifestyle. It has to be towed on a four-wheel dolly, which is a hassle with our Subaru Forester. The second problem is that the passenger seat does not lay flat so that the passenger can sleep while the car is being driven. Taken together both problems are very minor compared to all the enjoyment this car has provided."

Fantastic mileage, fun to drive, towable

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Handles like a go cart on steroids!"

"Silver and black with motor home towing package. Always garaged and only used once to tow. Power windows and doors, A/C, power brakes only 8175 miles."

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great mileage, open air fun"

Cons: "Ride can be bumpy"

"I have owned this car for over 5 years. During that time the only service has been for oil changes and recommended maintenance. It is a blast to drive and I'm always getting stopped and asked questions. The convertible top is easy to open at any speed."

Love Love LOVE our Smart Car!!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mpg, EASY to wash & wax"

Cons: "NONE that we've found"

"We've had our 2012 for two years. (Less than 10,000 miles as we leave the AZ heat for five months each summer.) It took my husband a little while to get used to driving it as this replaced a 5-speed Miata - Zoom Zoom. There is really nothing offensive about this car. More storage room than you would expect. We average 37 to 42 mpg, depending on A/C use. Have taken it on 200+ mile road trips and it was wonderful. You can't beat it for in-town driving. You can make a U-turn in a driveway!!! Absolutely NO problems. Plan to drive this little gem for another 10 years or so."

Not a car for everyone, but a terrific car for me.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great mileage. Curious onlookers."

Cons: "Relatively high price for size of car."

"It may feel like driving a go-cart with a gear box. It does bounce over bumps more than a regular sedan 3 times it's length. But if you are not over 70 and don't need a snoozer of a ride, this car is fun. My wife drives it about 5000 miles a year around town and loves every bit of it. It has more leg room than most sedans. It's reliable, quick and fun to drive by shifting the gears with the cute paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I wouldn't drive this thing at 90 mph which I am told they will go, but for an economical drive around town, you can't beat the mileage or fun."

dissapointed

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"I have owned this care for 3+ yrs.PROS: Loved it for size and comfortable interior. Hate it for driving dynamics and minor but costly malfunctioning's. CONS: Driving: makes jerky mvnts when changing gears if you are not careful enough to push it very slow.(Great on highway tho, makes 70mi/hr w/o effort) Horrible on speed bumps. Costly , minor malfunctioning: radio broke down: would cost me $800(w/installation) to replace it! screeching brakes (still good but screeching) and cleaning didn't help it, mechanic said nothing he can do about it. Once the battery in the key died: I could open the car manually but would not be able to lock it manually. I can't open the car's hatchback door while car's keys are in and car is running. I am said, I love the compactness of this car, since I use it for commute only, but... because of above - will get rid of it..."

We love this little guy....

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "No spare tire or jack but has a "repair kit""

"Drove from Denver to the western slope of Co.(300 mi) bought this car new 2 days ago. Thus the low mi.It took the Eisenhower Tunnel (elevation 11,000 ft. @ 70 mi per hour in 3rd gear. The little engine was working hard but we passed full size cars with ease. Took Vail pass @10,000 ft at the same speed. And got 50 mi per gallon. (honest) The ride can be a little harsh on rough roads. But we not only kept up with the big guys but passed many. Even on the grades. Top speed on this little guy 92 mph. We leased the car for 3 years so if in the future we dont like it we'll return and walk. But if we like it we'll sign up for a new model. I hope MB makes it with this car because I think its a hit. You have to understand the transmission and why it works the way it does. When you understand why you'll learn to live with it and realize its a good tranny and perfect for this car. It doesnt ride like my Deville but its perfect for around town and short trips.."

Really Fun and Cute Car

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I've had this car for 5 years now, and I still love owning it! She is really fun to drive and one you learn to compensate for the fact that you're driving something that gets pushed around by air pressure, it's really relaxing. I always get complements on her looks and there is always a patron or two at a gas station fill up that has questions about it and what it's like to own (which I find to be fun). I've kept her on regularly scheduled maintenance and haven't had any mechanical problems yet. My only long term concerns are about the places that I can get it serviced. There are only five places in my state that are designated "Smart Centers" and it's near impossible to find any mechanic that will even look twice at it outside of those locations. It's inconvenient, but it's still totally worth owning. :-)"

with engine en drive in back has exellent traction

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "its really fun to drive, easy to get in and out of"

Cons: "to meany smart coments from dumies"

"installed ball hitch tows trailer potable welder etc. works great ask dealer you can also do a 180 on a wide two lane"

AWESOME Little CAR

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, great resale, BEST Car I've ever ownd"

Cons: "None!"

"I have owned this car for 5 years, Garage kept, and don't drive it in the winter. GREAT GAS mileage, super fun to drive. Looks GREAT! Head turner, Great way to meet people, Conversation starter. Good Storage space in back. LOVE THIS CAR."

Six years and not one problem

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "All mentioned above"

Cons: "No spare tire but haven't had a flat."

"I have replaced tires, one brake light, one head light, brake pads & one blinker light. The battery is still the original and strong. Gas mileage is 45 mpg but have had 53 mpg twice. Love it!"

Perfect city car Big $$ Savings

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Cost to own"

Cons: "Speed bumps are tough"

"Lowest cost to own and most reliable car I have owned. Dependable around town transportation and it only has to have the oil changed once a year. Gas mileage is great, fun to drive, and I don't have to 'climb down' to get in the drivers seat."

First fillup 40.1 mpg.

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Great Room, Super Gas MPG, Fun"

Cons: "could use an extra 35 Horse Power"

"Love this little yellow Bee. Comfortable and roomy. Capable of staying up with Xway trafic and fun to drive."

Best Car ever

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

"Best car ever, I fill up for $28 and it lasts me approx 360 miles. Love it, would be very useful in marketing as it attracts a lot of attention."

My Screaming Yellow Zonker Smart Car Dazzles....

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun, driving with an attitude, gets attention...."

Cons: "Automated manual transmission could be better...."

"When I pass Mercedes-Benzs vehicles at 94 mph (limited top speed), they look at their speedometers, tilt their heads, and again look at their speedometers. They start thinking, 'How fast is that dude peddling anyway?' A niche car that gives me 41 mph on the highway at 65 mph and is a real attention getter. I have 50K miles on the clock and it has not missed a beat over four very full years. Being a Screaming Yellow Zonkers color, it is a collectors item because they do not import those into the States since 2008.... Nice little hot-rod that has the name 'Screaming Yellow Zonkers'."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals