2009 smart fortwo

Based on 190 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

blast to drive

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive very fast a wolf in sheeps clothing."

Cons: "hard ride"

"runs forever on 20 dollars worth of gas"

blast to drive

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive very fast a wolf in sheeps clothing."

Cons: "hard ride"

"runs forever on 20 dollars worth of gas"

Great in every way except these two

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun, surprising headroom & storage"

Cons: "can only be towed on a 4-wheel dolly"

"Have had the car since spring 2007 and loved everything about it except to two items. My husband and I move often and also drive long distance (such as round trip Florida to Rhode Island) once or twice most years. The first problem is this car cannot be towed normally, which is a hassle due to our lifestyle. It has to be towed on a four-wheel dolly, which is a hassle with our Subaru Forester. The second problem is that the passenger seat does not lay flat so that the passenger can sleep while the car is being driven. Taken together both problems are very minor compared to all the enjoyment this car has provided."

Fantastic mileage, fun to drive, towable

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Handles like a go cart on steroids!"

"Silver and black with motor home towing package. Always garaged and only used once to tow. Power windows and doors, A/C, power brakes only 8175 miles."

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great mileage, open air fun"

Cons: "Ride can be bumpy"

"I have owned this car for over 5 years. During that time the only service has been for oil changes and recommended maintenance. It is a blast to drive and I'm always getting stopped and asked questions. The convertible top is easy to open at any speed."

Love Love LOVE our Smart Car!!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mpg, EASY to wash & wax"

Cons: "NONE that we've found"

"We've had our 2012 for two years. (Less than 10,000 miles as we leave the AZ heat for five months each summer.) It took my husband a little while to get used to driving it as this replaced a 5-speed Miata - Zoom Zoom. There is really nothing offensive about this car. More storage room than you would expect. We average 37 to 42 mpg, depending on A/C use. Have taken it on 200+ mile road trips and it was wonderful. You can't beat it for in-town driving. You can make a U-turn in a driveway!!! Absolutely NO problems. Plan to drive this little gem for another 10 years or so."

Not a car for everyone, but a terrific car for me.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great mileage. Curious onlookers."

Cons: "Relatively high price for size of car."

"It may feel like driving a go-cart with a gear box. It does bounce over bumps more than a regular sedan 3 times it's length. But if you are not over 70 and don't need a snoozer of a ride, this car is fun. My wife drives it about 5000 miles a year around town and loves every bit of it. It has more leg room than most sedans. It's reliable, quick and fun to drive by shifting the gears with the cute paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I wouldn't drive this thing at 90 mph which I am told they will go, but for an economical drive around town, you can't beat the mileage or fun."

dissapointed

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"I have owned this care for 3+ yrs.PROS: Loved it for size and comfortable interior. Hate it for driving dynamics and minor but costly malfunctioning's. CONS: Driving: makes jerky mvnts when changing gears if you are not careful enough to push it very slow.(Great on highway tho, makes 70mi/hr w/o effort) Horrible on speed bumps. Costly , minor malfunctioning: radio broke down: would cost me $800(w/installation) to replace it! screeching brakes (still good but screeching) and cleaning didn't help it, mechanic said nothing he can do about it. Once the battery in the key died: I could open the car manually but would not be able to lock it manually. I can't open the car's hatchback door while car's keys are in and car is running. I am said, I love the compactness of this car, since I use it for commute only, but... because of above - will get rid of it..."

We love this little guy....

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "No spare tire or jack but has a "repair kit""

"Drove from Denver to the western slope of Co.(300 mi) bought this car new 2 days ago. Thus the low mi.It took the Eisenhower Tunnel (elevation 11,000 ft. @ 70 mi per hour in 3rd gear. The little engine was working hard but we passed full size cars with ease. Took Vail pass @10,000 ft at the same speed. And got 50 mi per gallon. (honest) The ride can be a little harsh on rough roads. But we not only kept up with the big guys but passed many. Even on the grades. Top speed on this little guy 92 mph. We leased the car for 3 years so if in the future we dont like it we'll return and walk. But if we like it we'll sign up for a new model. I hope MB makes it with this car because I think its a hit. You have to understand the transmission and why it works the way it does. When you understand why you'll learn to live with it and realize its a good tranny and perfect for this car. It doesnt ride like my Deville but its perfect for around town and short trips.."

Really Fun and Cute Car

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I've had this car for 5 years now, and I still love owning it! She is really fun to drive and one you learn to compensate for the fact that you're driving something that gets pushed around by air pressure, it's really relaxing. I always get complements on her looks and there is always a patron or two at a gas station fill up that has questions about it and what it's like to own (which I find to be fun). I've kept her on regularly scheduled maintenance and haven't had any mechanical problems yet. My only long term concerns are about the places that I can get it serviced. There are only five places in my state that are designated "Smart Centers" and it's near impossible to find any mechanic that will even look twice at it outside of those locations. It's inconvenient, but it's still totally worth owning. :-)"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals