2008 smart fortwo

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best value for the money in an city vehicle

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Good price, low maintenance, great warranty, fun!"

Cons: "no spare"

"I have driven small cars for years, but this car has taught me a lot about being a responsible driver. I was having accidents and tickets, which are normal in a city like Dallas. But being in a true SMALL car has taught me to be a good driver, no speeding, no trying to beat the stop lights and letting other people into traffic. For the past 4 years, no tickets, no wrecks. I love the car. Because of the car and the discussions it brings up, I have met a TON of people everywhere I go. I have dropped my gas and maintenance costs, no more problems finding parking spaces and LOTS more friends and "contacts"! It's wonderful and I am thinking of buying a new 2012 model. They have only gotten better because the management of Smart USA listens to its drivers. Everything that we have thought about improving, Smart has done in the 2012 model! It's incredible! Drive one! Curt"

Excellent concept, but needs a few things.

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Good resale value, fun ride, a memorable vehicle."

Cons: "Poor transmission, few service areas."

"I like the room for my 6'2" frame, enjoy the fun ride, and love passing gas stations. However, I live in a rural area and the nearest place to have it serviced is 165 miles away. Unfortunately, I've had to spend $2400 in the past couple of months on service. The dealer says I'm just having bad luck at 29,000 miles, which I figure translates into "You've got a lemon." Therefore I'm having to sell it. I don't want to get rid of it, but it just doesn't make sense to hope it won't cost me any more in the next little while. Too bad. It has a lot going for it, but unless you live quite near a city with a dealership it's probably not the right car for you."

Excellent gas mileage, fun to drive

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, fun to drive, reasonably priced"

Cons: "rear wheel drive, but ok on snow"

"Purchased to relieve the gas cost driving back and forth to work. The two and half years I have owned this car it has almost paid for itself in gas savings compared to drivng the Suburban. Great for tailgaiting, always gets inquistive people wanting to know about it. The atomatic transmission shifts a little like a manual, but when you switch it to manual you can control the smoothness. Heated seats and side mirrors a big plus. Roomy inside, will hold 2 sets of golf clubs. Funniest question from 10 year old girl, Is that a Mario Kart?"

Great car!

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"I traded my Volvo C30 for this car and have not looked back. I drive 5 miles back and forth to work and the mileage of the Volvo was atrocious! I went into the dealership knowing that I was going to lose something in style, power and cargo capacity but you can't have everything. Contrary to some of the reviews, I have no problem on the highway. I have had it up to 90 mph without a problem. It gets blown around some, but so does every other small car - even the Volvo did. It has plenty of room for me and carries way more than I thought it would in the trunk and front seat. I do have horses now and sometimes wish I had more cargo, but overall it lives up to my desires. I get much better mileage if I don't shift but let the transmission do it, but it does respond better if you shift, so may be a better choice when entering a highway entrance ramp. The smiles, waves and comments I get add to the fun. Its a great car and does exactly what it was designed to do. Comfortable, economical, green transportation."

Just love it

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"I waited 10 months for my Smart in 2008. Now it's been 2 years and 48,000 miles and I'm dumping my 2007 Yaris to replace it with a 2nd Smart. From Boston to Florida last summer on a 10 day vacation and less than $170 in Gas. Loved my Volvo, Audi, BMW and MR2 - but these beat them all. It just plain fun!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals