2008 smart fortwo

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. and see above"

Cons: "See above"

"Just minor problems: 1. Distance to service it is 300 miles. 2. Occasionally just from automatic to 5 speed. 3. Automatic locking system constantly has to be repaired. Postive aspects: 1. Love that it only has to be serviced every 10,000 miles. 2. I get 45 mpg; husband gets 39 mpg. 3. Safety features are great and is built by Mercedes. :)"

fantastic car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "seat belt no shoulder adjustment"

"puts the fun back in driving well made super fast excellent gas use only the brabus model."

Better than my old lover..

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, easy to park"

Cons: "Rough ride on bad roads.Lots of ? from people!"

"OK, first my "old love" was my 1969 VW Bug. I loved the quick sterring, ease of parking, cute design, and good gas milage. But, now I'm a "Senior Citizen" and I prefer to have a car that has all that PLUS heat, air conditioning, GPS, heated seats, CD/radio etc.(add in the 8 air bags and tridon Safety Cell) I love driving this Smart! I'm mostly traveling around alone, so why do I need a mini van? There is plenty of room in the back compartment for groceries, etc. Plus if you have something larger, the front passenger seat folds down! you can even take your golf clubs! My only complaint would be the ride is a bit rough, but expected with the short wheel base. I bought this car to pull behind the RV, but I drive it everyday, in every kind of weather. It was good in the snow last winter as long as the drift is less that 2 feet! Most importantly, it sits about 9" higher than the normal car, has large door openings, making it easy to enter and exit like my van was. Love it!"

never had so much fun

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "fun, mileage, comfort"

Cons: "$200 for oil change, navigation, winds"

"we have owned the 2013 smart for 6 weeks. 47mpg on first tank. averaging 42 since then city/hwy. learning transmission does take some time. paddle shifters like driving a stick with no clutch. bought it on impulse, but overall happy. only cons: high maintenance cost. pay Mercedes rates but drive s mart car. navigation system horrible with $500 for upgrades. now our fiat 500 sits in the driveway."

Most fun vehicle I've had.

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Size, easy conv top, fun factor"

Cons: "Shifting in early modes"

"I used to get bored with a car after a year. I'm going on 3rd year and don't even look at anything else. It's useful, inexpensive to own and operate, practical, reliable and useful. Everyone told me "it wouldn't do well in the harsh Nebraska winters. Wrong. No issues. I did opt to put in winter tires for added safety - Bridgestone blizaks which are inexpensive and made a big difference. Shifting on these early models were a bit query, however the newer ones have remedied that."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals