2008 smart fortwo

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Love to drive it and so easy to get around town.

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "Low price, easy and fun to drive. 40 MPG!"

Cons: "You sit very close to your passanger."

"This is a very affordable (40 MPG!) and fun car to drive. Two larger adults can easily fit in it. It has lots of head room. My 85 year old mother loves it because it is so easy for her to get in and out of. The door opens wide. The amount of glass all around gives you a wide open feeling for such a small car. Even though the space is small in the back, packed right, I can load a whole basket of Costco goods in it. The passenger front seat folds down for longer items. People always stop and ask me about it. They worry about the safety of such a small car. I tell them to go to the OFFICIAL car safety sites. The Smart is rated very well - in the same league as all small cars. It has front and side air bags and is built around a steel safety cage. I've had this car for 4 years and have no complaints."

What an overpriced piece of junk.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "small"

Cons: "Only 50 characters. Not enough room"

"We saw these in Europe in '03 and I promised my wife if they came to the US she could have one. Never make promises. I originally liked them when I first saw them. After owning this little beast, I would just as happily set it on fire or blow it up. It's had issues form day 1. The door wouldn't catch, one day, and she had to drive home holding the handle. the heater motor went out, and cost 300 dollars. Its a tiny motor! Shifts at the apex of a curve on the freeway, YIKES! Lag time is nuts. NOT a highway car. Very uncomfortable, and the tires mixed with thte suspension, you WILL feel every bump and pothole. Maintenance light comes on repeatedly, and has been checked and reset. They still don't know why. It shudders like a 15.5 earthquake in reverse intermittently, and when you use the paddle shifters, it shudders and gets grabby. I feel like I'm going to die in this thing. My new favorite, is it goes in reverse only half the time. So you have to GET OUT AND PUSH IT! Are you kidding? Here's the rub. I drive a 1972 Citroen 2CV. If you know those cars, and the owner of one thinks a SMART is junk, you KNOW it has to be bad. Never again. Cute won't get you home. Get a Honda or Toyota."

Love it! Easy to park. Lots of pep and room.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Love hatch back too. Easy to load."

"Two cup holders. :)"

Would purchase again in the blink of an eye...

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "convertible, parking, paddle shifters, mpg, unique"

Cons: "no AWD availabilty, mpg, slow acceleration"

"I Must say this 2009 smart For-Two Passion cabriolet is THE most loved, fun car I have EVER owned. My previous cars include: 1993 Camry LE, 2003 Benz C320 4-matic, 1996 V6 Mustang Convertible, and 2006 Pilot AWD (all my previous cars are automatics since I can't drive a manual). When the smart car came along, it was my chance to drive a manual and look good doing it. This car tops them all because I splurged on the cabriolet. What is there to like? Well, if you examine this car carefully you will see that a lot of thought went into its compact design from the shape of the rear view mirror to the clever storage areas throughout this tiny car. Its uniqueness brings you lots of attention & questions from passersby--more so than other cars more than 4-5x its price. Perhaps because it invites strangers to approach & inquire about the car. There is no snobbery about this car. Just pure fun. I even got approached and stopped by a cop on foot while I was about to drive away. I thought I had parked illegally or done something wrong but she only wanted to find out more about the car! Parking in the City is a breeze. There are more parking spots available to me due to its diminutive size. The herky-jerky transmission that people complain about? Well, I remember the old days when my friend use to take me for a ride in his old manual Honda Civic. His car would behave the same way as he shifted through the gears. I'm not sure if that was a natural characteristic of his car or due to his poor shifting but I came to accept it as a part of the ride characteristics of stick shifts so it doesn't bother me. Most people who bad mouth this car I bet haven't even driven in one. Most likely if they had, they would have been won over by its charm despite all it's quirkiness. There is so much to love about this car but not enough room to put into print."

My favorite car so far

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, ease of parking, roomy main compartme"

Cons: "Premium gas, no cruise control"

"This has been my most favorite car. The mileage is incredible, the cabin is roomy and comfortable and it's got just enough hp to feel safe (I wouldn't pull out in front of a semi, but for most driving issues the power is fine. The only complaint I have is the handling in high winds on the freeway, and there is no cruise control option. It is an attention grabber and I've lost count on the number of people that have asked me about it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals