2008 smart fortwo

8.4

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Excellent concept, but needs a few things.

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Good resale value, fun ride, a memorable vehicle."

Cons: "Poor transmission, few service areas."

"I like the room for my 6'2" frame, enjoy the fun ride, and love passing gas stations. However, I live in a rural area and the nearest place to have it serviced is 165 miles away. Unfortunately, I've had to spend $2400 in the past couple of months on service. The dealer says I'm just having bad luck at 29,000 miles, which I figure translates into "You've got a lemon." Therefore I'm having to sell it. I don't want to get rid of it, but it just doesn't make sense to hope it won't cost me any more in the next little while. Too bad. It has a lot going for it, but unless you live quite near a city with a dealership it's probably not the right car for you."

Best value for the money in an city vehicle

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Good price, low maintenance, great warranty, fun!"

Cons: "no spare"

"I have driven small cars for years, but this car has taught me a lot about being a responsible driver. I was having accidents and tickets, which are normal in a city like Dallas. But being in a true SMALL car has taught me to be a good driver, no speeding, no trying to beat the stop lights and letting other people into traffic. For the past 4 years, no tickets, no wrecks. I love the car. Because of the car and the discussions it brings up, I have met a TON of people everywhere I go. I have dropped my gas and maintenance costs, no more problems finding parking spaces and LOTS more friends and "contacts"! It's wonderful and I am thinking of buying a new 2012 model. They have only gotten better because the management of Smart USA listens to its drivers. Everything that we have thought about improving, Smart has done in the 2012 model! It's incredible! Drive one! Curt"

Just love it

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"I waited 10 months for my Smart in 2008. Now it's been 2 years and 48,000 miles and I'm dumping my 2007 Yaris to replace it with a 2nd Smart. From Boston to Florida last summer on a 10 day vacation and less than $170 in Gas. Loved my Volvo, Audi, BMW and MR2 - but these beat them all. It just plain fun!"

Very impressive wee vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I own this car

Pros: "buy a used one, after the inititial depreciation."

Cons: "takes some getting used to after a large car"

"Since I began driving in the mid to late 1940s, I've owned 39 cars, including 3 British sports cars. This wee car -- a "Passion" model convertible with all of the goodies, is a hoot to own and drive. The quality that Daimler has built into this product is truly impressive. On the (mildly) negative side is the ride on poorly paved road surfaces; one feels every leaf and pebble. However, I really don't mind that, considering the quality of the car and the fun it is to drive. I would definitely buy another should the need arise."

Excellent gas mileage, fun to drive

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, fun to drive, reasonably priced"

Cons: "rear wheel drive, but ok on snow"

"Purchased to relieve the gas cost driving back and forth to work. The two and half years I have owned this car it has almost paid for itself in gas savings compared to drivng the Suburban. Great for tailgaiting, always gets inquistive people wanting to know about it. The atomatic transmission shifts a little like a manual, but when you switch it to manual you can control the smoothness. Heated seats and side mirrors a big plus. Roomy inside, will hold 2 sets of golf clubs. Funniest question from 10 year old girl, Is that a Mario Kart?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals