2014 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,249 - $15,686.

10/5.6

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Standard shift xD .... Fun! Fun! Fun!

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "No remote start or heated seats available."

"I've had this car for five and a half years with next to no issues other than the windshield washer pump going. It's extremely practical and lugs tons of cargo and is versatile. The mileage around town is about 33/gallon and the few long distance rides I've taken usually range around 37/38. There is an issue with wind vibration when just the rear windows are open and that can be annoying as well as painful but that's about the only negative I have with the design. Is it a luxury car? Absolutely not. But it's extremely practical and the most fun car I've driven in years. To be fair, I was not impressed with the performance of the automatic."

Love this car

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, good MPG, reliable"

Cons: "speed bumps can be a little rough"

"I prefer small cars. I owned a 03 New Beetle Convertible before buying this. With all the problems with the beetle it was fantastic to get into this awesome vehicle. I love the little compartments all over. The entire car is really roomy. Several family members are over 300lbs and some are over 6ft tall. No one has been uncomfortable as a passenger in my car. I get 30-33 mpg running errands. When I fill up and head out on the highway I've gotten up to 48mpg coasting at about 50 mph. Bluetooth is used often and seems fairly reliable. My only wish is that there were more Scion related accessories to buy to customize the car more!"

LOVE this car

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "Great price, lots of space for a compact car"

Cons: "small fuel tank"

"I have had this car for over 6 years. I bought it new and for the price, I cannot imagine a better vehicle. I'm continually amazed at the space and how much can fit in such a small car when you need to transport items. It runs great, has great features and is extremely reliable. I've put almost 100,000 miles on it and only had to replace the water pump and do regular maintenance. My only complaint is that I wish the fuel tank was larger, but otherwise, this is a fun car and a great value!"

Nice car, very zippy, fuel mileage ~33 mpg, but ..

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, zippy sports car handling"

Cons: "NOT for people over 6 feet tall !!!!!"

"Love driving this zippy car and the pretty good fuel mileage. BUT, it really wasn't designed for someone over six feet tall. I mean, I can handle it because I do not have back issues, etc. But I would never recommend this car for anyone over 6 feet tall, especially if they have back or cramping or claustrophobic issues. Go for a Yaris or something else! Make sure with the driver's seat your knees are only barely bent. This car was probably designed for short people."

Fits anywhwere, and anything fits in it!

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Mileage. Reliability. Functionality."

Cons: "Only one color interior, black."

"I average 37 mpg over the life of the car. It has never failed me even getting to work in the worst snowstorms and hurricanes we have had the past few years here. It has a large cargo area for it's size, and good amenities and layout for the price. Not too fancy, but it is very functional. 97000 still feels like new (unlike my 2008 camry)Also fun to drive. As for the title description. Easy to park when going into Queens or Manhattan. Amazing what you can fit in it when picking up at Home Depot or the like. Roomy back seat for a small car."