2014 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,119 - $16,398.

10/5.6

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Wish It Would Wear Out - Want A New One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "100% reliable"

"Totally reliable, change oil and go... average 38 mpg (mostly hwy driving)"

very bumpy and extremely noisy car.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "price, look,"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, noisy engine, poor ride comfort"

"The average MPG is 24. The car is very bumpy and noisy. It looks nice in and out but its lemon. I would not recommend it. The warranty service is very poor. I will never buy Scion neither Toyota again.."

scion xd 2008

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "very nice to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine"

"Fun car to drive,great gas milage,except to cheap quality,it looks like they made them not to last,and I noticed that the engine is kind of loud!! But the car is good enough to attract others,(I usually get comments...) and save money overall!"

Aweome little car for the price

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, sporty, customizable, and horsepower"

Cons: "noisy on highway, non-standard center armrest"

"I recently started working for a car dealership so I have plenty of resouces at my disposal for researching cars. My mom has the original version of the xD when it came out in 2008 (which she LOVES), so I am familiar with the car. My orginal choice of car was out of my price range in the end, so I had to look for cheaper options. I saw the xD sitting on our lot and decided to look more into it. I liked the price, it had everythign I needed, and I know they are good quality because of my mom's experince. So I got it and I do not regret my choice at all. For being a compact car, it has plenty of horsepower and it handles nicely. They are easily customizble (both from the manufacture and post-market). The only things I do not like is that the center armrest is not standard (to be honest that bothers my boyfriend more than me and I am the one who drives it more) and that it is a bit noisier than I expected on the highway. And the dealership my mom bought hers from is already begging her to sell it back and get a new one because there is a demand for them used. So great potential resell value."

not comfortable

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "cheap to fill at the pump"

Cons: "no arm rest, buttons in odd places"

dealer pic

"I wouldn't recommend this vehicle,I have owned this vehicle for less then a year (July 2012),you will find the arm rest on the door is very uncomfortable an is not proportioned properly, the steering wheel needs to have a telescope feature other wise you'll be reaching for the steering wheel (tall or short persons),it doesn't ride very smooth,arm rest doesn't come standard,seats are not comfy for long rides,(re-sale/trade in value is very poor)"

dealer pic

I LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Reason: needed bigger car

Pros: "great price and easy to customize"

Cons: "not a lot of trunk space"

"this was the first car I bought on my own and i loved it! it has been reliable and fun to drive. THe interior is cute and functional with two glove boxes. the only reason I got rid of mine was that I had two children and there isnt enough room for two car seats. but this would be perfect for a teen, single person or a couple without kids in car seats"

Depends on your needs and where you live

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

"I have owned this car since 2010. So many positives for the money. Positives (great comfortable seats for someone with back problems even the back seats, great gas mileage, visibility good, for the size does well on a trip but best for around town car, no maintenance issues so far, haul groceries nicely, handles well and easy to park) Negatives (I absolute hate the low profile tires on the performance wheels, much too low, had the first flat ever in my lifetime, I get very nervous in the rain or snow, windshield forms condensation after a snow, dash looks like it is covered in paper not vinyl, door hinges look like Tonka toy parts and I wonder how it would hold up in an accident. . .God forbid I find out. . .Feel a bit intimidated to pass huge truckers in this little car, Can't put down the back windows for fresh air due to the roaring thumping sound in your head, don't like the noise and feel when you turn the steering as far as it will go) If I sold or traded the car the main reason would be the tires and living in a snow area. So wish they made a 4 wheel drive in the Scion!!! I would trade!!!!"

Low cost vehicle to own and it's a Toyota brand

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Save you money over all, from gas to maintenance."

Cons: "dark interior seems to get dirty quick."

"I love this vehicle as my daily driver. It's small easy to drive and I never have issues with parking. It also save me on gas, I only spend a little over $20 every 2 weeks. I love the design I looks a little different than other small hatch-backs, it doesn't have that round jelly bean look a lot of them have. The XD seems a little more low to the ground and have more style to it. One great selling point of this vehicle is the low cost of maintenance. You only have to change the oil every 6 months. the transmission fluid is non serviceable, you never have to change it and the vehicle has a timing chain instead of a belt so no maintenance needed for that, that a lone saves you about $1,000+. The only gripe I have about it is the interior. The carpets are cheap and seem to get dirty fast, pine needles get stuck in them all the time. I wish there were other options in interior color because the black seat also seem to get dirty/dusty quickly. I would love to have a grey interior as an option. It's a great reliable vehicle I would recommend Scions to anyone!"

Practical, Fun to drive, excellent MPG, powerful.

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great reliabilty, great to drive."

"Very practical and fun to drive, while achieving excellent fuel economy. Very reliable, easy to maintain. One complaint: backseat can be noisy on very rough roads, but other than that it's fine. Best Scion ever, right behind the tC."

Very good car!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Good looks, good gas mileage, reliable, good sound"

Cons: "Road noise."

"Great gas mileage, great sound system but poor speaker enclosures. Very reliable. Great commuter but not comfortable for long trips. Too much road noise. Overall, a great car, especially for an "economy" car."

See if you qualify for