2014 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,905 - $15,440.

10/5.6

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Hauls rs for a 4 banger

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"I've only owned this car for a week, but the only things that I can comment negitively on is the cloth interior could be better material and thicker and the road noise. Everything else is what I had hoped for in a compact gas miser. The pioneer stereo is fantastic, but I wish I could load more than 1 cd into it. The engine response is very impressive, much more than I had expected from a 4 cyl. I have the manual transmission mainly for hill climbing. 32 miles per gallon for sure on the hwy with added local city driving combined."

Great Compact Car with great mileage

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I would like to recommend this car to those who would like to save some gas these days. It is a great little car with lots of interior space. Talk about stylish, this little car can speed up like any big car can! I definitely recommend this one to all my friends."

Wow! 2008 Scion XD is a really good car.

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Wow! I love my 2008 scion XD. I have been owning a Scion XD for one month. I realize myself everyday my final decision was definitely right. I was hard time to choose my first car. I looked at Corolla, Civic, Versa, Fit, Elantra and Scion. Finally, I chose this car because it has a great perfomance which is 1.8liter engine with 128 horse power, extoic design, many special features such as side mirror lights, a stylish Pioneer audio deck, a cruse control and cool dash board design etc. If anyone who is in my case, I highly recommend 2008 Scion XD. This is a really good car."

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I love this car!! It has a unique look, drives wonderfully and is good on gas."

Super value!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Versatility, price, fuel economy"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I bought this car new. Reliability has been stellar. Fuel milage has been remarkable. The versatility is amazing. The only downsides I've found are the road noise and slightly underpowered engine when all the seats are full. I tend to drive my cars until they die. This car will probably be with me for a long long time. This car has had zero issues. Change the oil and watch it keep running. This car can fit huge packages in it with the seats folded down. The seating will fit 4 people comfortably (5 less so). Be aware this is a small car that can pretend to be big in one way at a time. Fill it with people and the cargo space seems small and vice versa. With the great gas milage, driving this inexpensive car for work was a money maker (milage allowace > cost to own & drive). In the end this car is what you would expect, a great value. The ride can be a bit noisy. The finish isn't luxury. But if getting from point A to B reliably, efficiently and inexpensively sounds good to you, this might be your car."

Bought XD used, a 2009, with 157k miles on it.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliable for lots of miles"

Cons: "Somewhat noisy .. better tires work well"

"Bought this Scion XD in Missouri while traveling there in July, 2013. The car was maintained IMPECCABLY for five years before i bought it. (Manufactured 8/2008) After 160K miles, if maintained, they drive almost like a new one. I drove a new 2013 XD a few months ago, and I believe that a well maintained used one performs the same.) (IT IS a TOYOTA) same(Make sure the previous owner changed the oil and filer every 3K miles, or so.) I paid a little over 1/3 of the new price for my XD. If you are going to keep an XD for many years, I would recommend buying a new one. The quality is excellent .. Sheepskin seat covers are also wonderful."

Wish It Would Wear Out - Want A New One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "100% reliable"

"Totally reliable, change oil and go... average 38 mpg (mostly hwy driving)"

LOVE LOVE LOVE my scion

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Price, style, MPG, Warranty, College Grad Rebates"

Cons: "NOT A DANG THING"

"Bought this car in Nov '11 and I'm absolutely in LOVE with it. I was nervous at first reading all the reviews about the space in the car due to my boyfriend and I both being over 6' tall so I took him"

great errand car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"Traded my Expedition for my xD when I found myself playing soccer mom again in my 60's. Astounded at the fuel mileage and the room inside the car. Ride is good for a small car. Went from 13 mpg to 33 mpg while running around town. LOVE IT"

Great Little Car

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"I bought this car new in 2008, first owner. I love it! It's got great zip, you can get in and out of parking spaces (especially tight ones) very easily, and overall a great quality vehicle. I went from a Firebird to two Escapes to this. I wanted a hatchback that was different than the other things on the road and this was a perfect fit. I have around 32,000 miles on it and have no major issues. The only drawback is the tires wore before I even hit 25,000 miles and tires are such an odd size that when you need to buy new ones they're extremely expensive (over $200 a tire!). So, I bought a different size than what was originally on it (even though they said it would reduce gas mileage, but it hasn't) and it's fine. Interior is hard to keep clean. Needs an armrest, but you get used to it after a while. All in all, great value for what you get. Only reason I want to buy a new car now is because I want a sports car! But I'll probably just keep this for a few more years. I get anywhere from 30-38 mpg on a regular basis. The folding/reclining rear seats are very easy to use too and extremely convenient for hauling stuff. It's just all around a great car."

i loove this car

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I bought the car in October 2010, and have not had a dull moment yet! Great gas milieage, handles smoothly. The only thing I can think of changing is the storage: if you were to put a bag of groceries in the trunk area, be prepared to have everything roll around every time you turn the corner, there is no way to hook up a storage net and nothing to keep things from sliding around, even on the floor of the back seat area. A minor concern for an otherwise fabulous car! Within the first two oweeks of owning the vehicle, I was stopped at the gas station and asked about my car... and my coworkers enjoyed traveling in it to meetings, plenty of room for four adults."

I really enjoy it

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I have had mine for 3.5 years and 38,500 miles later it is still exceptional. The only drawback is it seems to have Blindspots when changing lanes, but as long as you are aware of it and make sure you take an extra good look before changing lanes you'll be alright."

Good & Cheap

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I've had mine for 3 years. No major problems. Great mileage. There is a vibration/noise when the back windows are down that prevents driving with them down. I took it back to the dealer, but no satisfaction."

Awesome Car

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"I've reviewed this car in the past and thought I'd give an update. So far 93,000 miles (I'm the original owner) in 2 years and the only problem (knock on wood) is that the EVAP Purge Flow just went. It cost with labor about $280. To be honest, that's pretty good for a car!"

love at first drive

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"I was looking to buy my first car and nothing really clicked for me. I knew I wanted something smaller than the boat I had been driving around and I wanted a hatchback. I almost bought a toyota yaris hatchback when one dealer pointed me towards a little gray box. It was exactly what I wanted and then some. The standard sound system is great. I can fold the backseats down and take my dogs places comfortably and they can get in through the hatch without me having to lift them. The xD has a lot of power for its size. With all the blizzards recently I don't think that little yaris would have even made it out of my driveway. I got the xD stuck twice but it was the driver's fault, not the car and since it's so little it was easy to push it out. (trying to get ANY car through 10+ inches of slush/ice is probably not a good idea) It's great on gas! I can drive across PA and only have to fill up the 11 gal tank once. In town it isn't as great, but I live in the mountains so I'm ok with that as long as it keeps getting me up and down them. (which it does) TWO PROBLEMS: (1) I'm kinda tall (almost 6 ft) and the seats don't adjust as much as I would like them to. I can sit comfortably, but it's not as comfortable as I would like. (2) The schedule maintenance light came on at 5000 miles even though I had an oil change at 5 months (3000 miles). I'm not sure if it's the car's fault or the people who did the oil change didn't reset it. Hopefully it'll be off after the next one. People at work make fun of my little gray box, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything."

excellent value for the price

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I've had this car for just under a year now. I have had no problems with it what so ever. It's obviously not a luxury car, but it's very nice for what you pay for it. The biggest critique I would have would be that there is no center arm rest for the driver, however for about $300 you can have one installed at the dealership (which I will probably do soon). The car comes nicely stocked with electric windows/locks, two mp3 hook ups (one ipod, and one standard jack). there is plenty of room in the back for large items (considering it is a very small hatchback that is). With the seats down I can fit almost anything I'd want to carry in the back. And the gas millage is great!"

I love my scion

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"This car is awesome! Gas milage is wonderful! The vehicle drives like a dream. She's cute/stylish and a speedy 4 cylinder. I Love my Scion"

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 01, 2008

"I have been driving my Scion for 4 months now. Good gas mileage, very easy to maneuver not to mention the fact the it is sooo cute and not the boxie type the early Scions are. I love the Pioneer stereo. Good price for an almost fully loaded car. It has cruise control, CD player, power windows, power keys and a lot more. The dash board is elegant with the waterfall style stereo encasement. Bigger than what you can see from the outside. Back seats can be folded down for extra room on a camping trip. You are safe from gas thieves as gas tank can only be opened from inside. Lots of safety feature. I love it, I love it."

xd

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Gets great gas milage averaged 41 MPG driving back to Miami from Key West Florida has all the toys, a hoot to drive, very nimble in traffic."

One of the best cars we have owned

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, feels solid, gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "HUGE blind spots. Rear headroom is bad +6"er"

"The perfect run around car. Front seats are great-really great. Great in traffic, with kids, excellent gas mileage. Sound system is good. Engine has good snap."

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

Perfect City Eco Friendly Car

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I just bought this car over the Honda Fit and Kia Soul and I gotta say I am really happy I went with this ride. It zips all over the place and is easy to control. I love the interior as well, its trendy. Be careful with the interior... it can scratch easily."

my xD is awesomE!

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I had my xD almost 3 years now, i drove it from New York to San Diego (more than 3K miles) with my brother and the back seat FULL of random stuff at a constant 85mph in 2 1/2 days! and yesssss, it never failed me! The ride is very responsive and the seating is very well positioned with great visibility. And the mileage?? i could get 40+ mpg on this car on a highway with a long drive... overall, its awesome and definitely would recommend it to everyone who wants the toyota quality and a unique style!"

unique and comfortable

By on Monday, March 01, 2010

"I have owned this car for a little over a year and have nothing bad to say about it. Inside, it has the familiar comfort features of a comparable toyota, but outside it has the style of a more unique or expensive car. Even though it is small I have been able to transport very large items in the hatchback. I love the way it drives and I am always suprised at how many miles i can get in a tank of gas. I still have that new car love for it even after a year of owning it. Would recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable hatchback with a stylish flair."