2014 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,906 - $15,441.

10/5.6

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Strongly Recommend This Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 05, 2010

"This car gets good gas milage. The acceleration is quick from a stop. The ride is comfortable on long trips. There is very little noise from the road. I am a tall person and I do not feel cramped or clostrophobic at all. I have never had a problem with this vehicle. The brakes always work very quickly. All my friends want to buy a Scion after I take them for a ride. The stock Pioneer sound system produces amazing clairity. It has swift and safe maneuverability in traffic. The one and only downfall of this vehicle is the blind spot in the rear. Overall, this is a fantastic car for commuting, long leisurely drives, or cross country trips."

2008 Spunky & roomy

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Reason: business needs

Pros: "great price, loads of cup holders"

Cons: "no way to open backhatch directly"

"My dad was 6' tall and was amazed by the leg room and head room in the front and back of this car. Plus the fact of how easy it was to get in and out of. This car is so fun to drive. I bought it new, because it was cheaper to buy new than a used car similar to it. Since this was new style. I had it for 3 years, put 66k miles on it, VERY dependable. I loved the way the seats supported the back of your legs, sets like a truck seat (non-Toyota truck)"

This car rocks

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, economy, fun, audio, versatile, price"

Cons: "still looking"

"Bought the release series 1.0 new in 2008 as it had everything on it that I would have added, only needed custom wheels. I travel a lot for work and this car has never failed me and is a ball to drive. Everyone loves the release series color and styling. It has always given me great gas mileage (33-38) average. I have put a cold air intake for more pep and done a lot of upgrades to the audio and sound proofing, it is a ball to drive as it handles so well. I have shown it it many car shows and taken first place in some for it's class. Did I say how fun it is? PS. I have a roof rack and load this thing up with a hobie kayak and tons of fishing gear for a mini SUV that takes me everywhere-cheap!"

Great car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and cost"

Cons: "Ride quality."

"I have had my xd for 5 years and have changed the oil, put one set of front brakes, and tires on it. It still runs great and I don't foresee any upcoming repairs. It currently has 94,500 miles. Great value considering I only paid $17,500 for it!"

Low cost vehicle to own and it's a Toyota brand

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Save you money over all, from gas to maintenance."

Cons: "dark interior seems to get dirty quick."

"I love this vehicle as my daily driver. It's small easy to drive and I never have issues with parking. It also save me on gas, I only spend a little over $20 every 2 weeks. I love the design I looks a little different than other small hatch-backs, it doesn't have that round jelly bean look a lot of them have. The XD seems a little more low to the ground and have more style to it. One great selling point of this vehicle is the low cost of maintenance. You only have to change the oil every 6 months. the transmission fluid is non serviceable, you never have to change it and the vehicle has a timing chain instead of a belt so no maintenance needed for that, that a lone saves you about $1,000+. The only gripe I have about it is the interior. The carpets are cheap and seem to get dirty fast, pine needles get stuck in them all the time. I wish there were other options in interior color because the black seat also seem to get dirty/dusty quickly. I would love to have a grey interior as an option. It's a great reliable vehicle I would recommend Scions to anyone!"