2011 Scion xD

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

great value for what you get,great mpg

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "great fuel mileage,great value compared car n clas"

Cons: "no center cosole"

"Have 5 soeed manul and get 38 mpg on highway and 33in town."

I love my Scion!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "space, look, gas economy, reliable."

Cons: "little to no insulation (sound come through easily"

"I love the car from the start. I think the outside look is unique and youthful.It's like a mini SUV, you can practically park in any little spot. It is very economic on gas. When driving in town I probably fill it up with $35 (gas prices around $3.50) and it will last up to 3 weeks. The seats are a little hard, but not uncofortable hard. The music system is good. It is spacious, with capacity of acommodating up to 5 adults. Plenty of cupholders, and space in the trunk. The only downside for me is that it has very little insolation, so if you're on a rough road you can hear/feel every single bump on the street. On long roads sometimes the wind sound is unbearable. This is a great car to have in city, not so much to be in it during long trips."

Great orange paint job and limited edition

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Nice car all around. Would tell anyone looking for one that you wont be unhappy if you get one."

stable,holds the road,plenty of room

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"love this car: it is stable in slippery comditions. seldom skids or loses traction has enough room I can sleep in it- I am 5ft tall. passenger seat is comfy for someone of 200 lbs and 6ft"

Excellent Car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "n/a"

"This car is the most reliable car i've had. Bought it new and it now has 40k miles on it, no problems at all."

no better car for the money

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "all good"

Cons: "limited space for bigguns"

"very fun, enjoy driving."

I love this car!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "great price, small and easy to drive, unique"

Cons: "no middle console, low quality interior"

"I purchased this car september 2008 and have loved it! I haven't had any maintenance issues whatsoever. It drives great, mileage is good and it's the perfect size. I'm not a huge fan of the interior, the material used in the car gets dirty very easily and the carpet material on my driver's side started ripping within the $35000 bumper to bumper warranty period but I was told by Scion that it would not be covered to repair or replace this. Other than that, great car!"

first vehicle

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "lots of storage places, plenty of cup holders"

Cons: "low on giddy-up"

"Great car for the price. I haven't had any issues with it, and I commute 70 mi/day, 4 days/week with it, through all kinds of weather. It is reliable. Power is lacking, but it is a small 4-cyl."

Love my xD!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun interior,unique exterior, value, sound system"

"I originally wanted to purchase the Scion xB, but seeing as how it was a little out of my price range I bought the xD. I love it! I test drove the Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, Mazda 2,and the Kia Soul. I narrowed my selection down to the Honda Fit an Scion xD. I liked both, but I felt the xD was a better value. It was a little less expensive than the Fit and had basically all the same features and more. I love the interior and the exterior. It's been an excellent car. It's no speed demon, but it certainly has some pep so you can cruise around those painfully slow drivers. The sound system is nice and it has tons of personality. My husband loves it as well. I actually prefer the look of the xD to the Fit. I have absolutely no complaints about my car and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable car with character, quality, and value."

Best road trip car

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Reason: Bad in extreme conditions

"I traveled from San Diego to Montana 3 times a year, plenty of cup holders, great sound, Ipod connection standard."

Nice car for a commuter

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Stiff seats"

"Nice car to use as a commuter, great gas mileage..."

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "price, performance, looks"

Cons: "aftermarket body kit"

"I have the 2008 Scion xD Release Series. The car is great to look at and fun to drive. The interior is just as cool as the exterior. The color of the Release Series is amazing and the interior has accents in the same lava color. I haven't had any problems mechanically with the car. The only thing about the car that isn't perfect (in my opinion) is the aftermarket body kit. The quality is not the same as the car and the paint has not held up as well."

exactly what we expected it to be - or better

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "cheap, fun, roomy, sporty"

Cons: "wiper switchs non-intuitive - no lights always on"

"wanted a gas miser with enough room to haul our three bird dogs around and to serve as a backup to our work cars - fits the bill exactly - is roomy enough for wife, dogs and I - even us, dogs and 8 to 10 sacks of groceries for the 10 mile trip home - I am 5' 10" and 235 lbs and am perfectly comfy in the front or rear seats. We have the manual transmission and get 35 to 39 miles per gallon on half country roads and half town streets - when on the long road we average 38 to 44 miles per gallon. It is plenty peppy and while you do hear the engine and do feel the road grooves you can park it anywhere and see well all around and it is very fun to drive - we both want to drive it over our regular full sized work car and truck - couldn't be more pleased considering what we wanted it for and and at a price barely higher than my Polaris Ranger utility vehicle. It is very satisfying to cut the oil companies out of some of those highest profits ever."

Great Value for Dollar

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, reliability, economical and fun"

Cons: "No luxury upgrades"

"I bought this little car strictly to save money on gas, since I drive about 2000 miles per month. It has proven to be a great vehicle in many other respects as well. I consistently get 39 miles per gallon on the highway and 32/33 in the city. Sometimes I get as much as 41 mpg if the weather is nice and I set the cruise at 67 mpg. The car drives great in traffic and the highway. I put 50K miles on the factory tires before I changed them and the dealer said I had at least 5000 more miles on them before they needed to be changed. With regular 5K oil changes and rotation, they wore evenly and never needed realignment or re-balancing. Absolutely no vibration on the highway. Interior is somewhat Spartan, but very comfortable and spacious for a small car. It has alot of storage and the hatchback makes it easy to load groceries, etc. No frills or luxury upgrades, which bothered me at first since I am accustomed to leather and luxury, but the seat material in this car is about as tough and stain resistant as I have ever seen. The radio upgrade was not that great, and it took me nearly two years to get accustomed to the "one knob does it all" format of which I am sure a younger person would pick up right away. So my list of adjectives to describe the car would be great value, extremely reliable, low maintenance, and fun to drive. I strongly recommend this car as a first car for teenagers and budget-minded adults."

I feel so blessed having this car !

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"I feel so blessed having this car. It's fun, zippy , comfortable and gas saver !"

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

Great car

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"I love this car, with the high gas prices. This car is great on gas. I use to drive the blazer and caravan, horrible experience - gas gozzler. So after that bad experience owning this car was like a dream come true. Zippy, stylish and comfortable. If you are deciding on a compact vehicle, definitely buy this one. You won't regret it. It has all Toyota reliability."

What a kick!

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"I had a Dodge Caliber and needed another car for long daily commutes in the mountains of NY and went to Toyota last year (2010) to see what they had to offer. I took one look at the Scion xD with manual trans and said "That one!" The test drive confirmed what my gut had reacted to. Tight and quick response on the road and great road feel from the power steering. I did not get snow tires and this baby has been a trooper in the snow. The traction control and stability control keep her true and straight in the most adverse conditions, and believe me, I have driven the Northway in blizzard conditions with snow up to her door sills and she plowed her way through without hesitation. There have been NO problems in the first 18,000 miles. The only downside is there is little "trunk" space but the two rear seats fold forward if I need the extra room. I expect to keep this little gem for many years because it is too fun to get rid of."

Picked Over Fit

By on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"I honestly don't understand some of the 'negative' press on this car. I am a Honda fan, but after several test drives of the Fit and the Scion xD, we chose the Scion. The interior material was of higher quality and the feel was overall more solid. While the Fit's 5-speed manual was 'dreamy' and better than Toyota's version, the automatic trans gave a clear nod to Scion. We also loved the mini-cooper-esque styling of the xD...while not crazy about the mini minivan look of the Fit. With all the seats folded down, the cargo room is very close to Honda's competitor. It certainly has more pep with the larger engine while posting the same fuel numbers. As of now, we are averaging almost 32 mpg in mostly city driving. Lastly, the engine noise at highway speeds is much lower in the xD over the Fit and we like the higher front seating and somewhat 'German-esque' feel of the steering/handling. It can be a little bumpy over bad roads, but it's not a Lexus. Bad roads are bad roads. It handles bumps better than our 09 CRV. Overall it is a terrific, good looking, multiuse vehicle for it's class and I think it's a great value. Don't let the Honda Fit-loving press keep you from test driving this one and that from a Honda fan."

Great Little Car

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"I bought this car new in 2008, first owner. I love it! It's got great zip, you can get in and out of parking spaces (especially tight ones) very easily, and overall a great quality vehicle. I went from a Firebird to two Escapes to this. I wanted a hatchback that was different than the other things on the road and this was a perfect fit. I have around 32,000 miles on it and have no major issues. The only drawback is the tires wore before I even hit 25,000 miles and tires are such an odd size that when you need to buy new ones they're extremely expensive (over $200 a tire!). So, I bought a different size than what was originally on it (even though they said it would reduce gas mileage, but it hasn't) and it's fine. Interior is hard to keep clean. Needs an armrest, but you get used to it after a while. All in all, great value for what you get. Only reason I want to buy a new car now is because I want a sports car! But I'll probably just keep this for a few more years. I get anywhere from 30-38 mpg on a regular basis. The folding/reclining rear seats are very easy to use too and extremely convenient for hauling stuff. It's just all around a great car."

i loove this car

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I bought the car in October 2010, and have not had a dull moment yet! Great gas milieage, handles smoothly. The only thing I can think of changing is the storage: if you were to put a bag of groceries in the trunk area, be prepared to have everything roll around every time you turn the corner, there is no way to hook up a storage net and nothing to keep things from sliding around, even on the floor of the back seat area. A minor concern for an otherwise fabulous car! Within the first two oweeks of owning the vehicle, I was stopped at the gas station and asked about my car... and my coworkers enjoyed traveling in it to meetings, plenty of room for four adults."

I really enjoy it

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I have had mine for 3.5 years and 38,500 miles later it is still exceptional. The only drawback is it seems to have Blindspots when changing lanes, but as long as you are aware of it and make sure you take an extra good look before changing lanes you'll be alright."

Awesome

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"This has been the best car I have ever owned. The only negative is the comfort. Really could use arm rests. The dash gets dirty really easy and its hard to clean. But thats it. I'm so in love with my car. I smile every time I get into drive it and the radio even says "Good Morning". Love It!!"

Good & Cheap

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I've had mine for 3 years. No major problems. Great mileage. There is a vibration/noise when the back windows are down that prevents driving with them down. I took it back to the dealer, but no satisfaction."

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals