2011 Scion xD

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Wish It Would Wear Out - Want A New One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "100% reliable"

"Totally reliable, change oil and go... average 38 mpg (mostly hwy driving)"

LOVE LOVE LOVE my scion

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Price, style, MPG, Warranty, College Grad Rebates"

Cons: "NOT A DANG THING"

"Bought this car in Nov '11 and I'm absolutely in LOVE with it. I was nervous at first reading all the reviews about the space in the car due to my boyfriend and I both being over 6' tall so I took him"

great errand car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"Traded my Expedition for my xD when I found myself playing soccer mom again in my 60's. Astounded at the fuel mileage and the room inside the car. Ride is good for a small car. Went from 13 mpg to 33 mpg while running around town. LOVE IT"

Great Little Car

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"I bought this car new in 2008, first owner. I love it! It's got great zip, you can get in and out of parking spaces (especially tight ones) very easily, and overall a great quality vehicle. I went from a Firebird to two Escapes to this. I wanted a hatchback that was different than the other things on the road and this was a perfect fit. I have around 32,000 miles on it and have no major issues. The only drawback is the tires wore before I even hit 25,000 miles and tires are such an odd size that when you need to buy new ones they're extremely expensive (over $200 a tire!). So, I bought a different size than what was originally on it (even though they said it would reduce gas mileage, but it hasn't) and it's fine. Interior is hard to keep clean. Needs an armrest, but you get used to it after a while. All in all, great value for what you get. Only reason I want to buy a new car now is because I want a sports car! But I'll probably just keep this for a few more years. I get anywhere from 30-38 mpg on a regular basis. The folding/reclining rear seats are very easy to use too and extremely convenient for hauling stuff. It's just all around a great car."

i loove this car

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I bought the car in October 2010, and have not had a dull moment yet! Great gas milieage, handles smoothly. The only thing I can think of changing is the storage: if you were to put a bag of groceries in the trunk area, be prepared to have everything roll around every time you turn the corner, there is no way to hook up a storage net and nothing to keep things from sliding around, even on the floor of the back seat area. A minor concern for an otherwise fabulous car! Within the first two oweeks of owning the vehicle, I was stopped at the gas station and asked about my car... and my coworkers enjoyed traveling in it to meetings, plenty of room for four adults."

I really enjoy it

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I have had mine for 3.5 years and 38,500 miles later it is still exceptional. The only drawback is it seems to have Blindspots when changing lanes, but as long as you are aware of it and make sure you take an extra good look before changing lanes you'll be alright."

Good & Cheap

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I've had mine for 3 years. No major problems. Great mileage. There is a vibration/noise when the back windows are down that prevents driving with them down. I took it back to the dealer, but no satisfaction."

Awesome Car

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"I've reviewed this car in the past and thought I'd give an update. So far 93,000 miles (I'm the original owner) in 2 years and the only problem (knock on wood) is that the EVAP Purge Flow just went. It cost with labor about $280. To be honest, that's pretty good for a car!"

love at first drive

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"I was looking to buy my first car and nothing really clicked for me. I knew I wanted something smaller than the boat I had been driving around and I wanted a hatchback. I almost bought a toyota yaris hatchback when one dealer pointed me towards a little gray box. It was exactly what I wanted and then some. The standard sound system is great. I can fold the backseats down and take my dogs places comfortably and they can get in through the hatch without me having to lift them. The xD has a lot of power for its size. With all the blizzards recently I don't think that little yaris would have even made it out of my driveway. I got the xD stuck twice but it was the driver's fault, not the car and since it's so little it was easy to push it out. (trying to get ANY car through 10+ inches of slush/ice is probably not a good idea) It's great on gas! I can drive across PA and only have to fill up the 11 gal tank once. In town it isn't as great, but I live in the mountains so I'm ok with that as long as it keeps getting me up and down them. (which it does) TWO PROBLEMS: (1) I'm kinda tall (almost 6 ft) and the seats don't adjust as much as I would like them to. I can sit comfortably, but it's not as comfortable as I would like. (2) The schedule maintenance light came on at 5000 miles even though I had an oil change at 5 months (3000 miles). I'm not sure if it's the car's fault or the people who did the oil change didn't reset it. Hopefully it'll be off after the next one. People at work make fun of my little gray box, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything."

excellent value for the price

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I've had this car for just under a year now. I have had no problems with it what so ever. It's obviously not a luxury car, but it's very nice for what you pay for it. The biggest critique I would have would be that there is no center arm rest for the driver, however for about $300 you can have one installed at the dealership (which I will probably do soon). The car comes nicely stocked with electric windows/locks, two mp3 hook ups (one ipod, and one standard jack). there is plenty of room in the back for large items (considering it is a very small hatchback that is). With the seats down I can fit almost anything I'd want to carry in the back. And the gas millage is great!"

I love my scion

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"This car is awesome! Gas milage is wonderful! The vehicle drives like a dream. She's cute/stylish and a speedy 4 cylinder. I Love my Scion"

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 01, 2008

"I have been driving my Scion for 4 months now. Good gas mileage, very easy to maneuver not to mention the fact the it is sooo cute and not the boxie type the early Scions are. I love the Pioneer stereo. Good price for an almost fully loaded car. It has cruise control, CD player, power windows, power keys and a lot more. The dash board is elegant with the waterfall style stereo encasement. Bigger than what you can see from the outside. Back seats can be folded down for extra room on a camping trip. You are safe from gas thieves as gas tank can only be opened from inside. Lots of safety feature. I love it, I love it."

xd

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Gets great gas milage averaged 41 MPG driving back to Miami from Key West Florida has all the toys, a hoot to drive, very nimble in traffic."

One of the best cars we have owned

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, feels solid, gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "HUGE blind spots. Rear headroom is bad +6"er"

"The perfect run around car. Front seats are great-really great. Great in traffic, with kids, excellent gas mileage. Sound system is good. Engine has good snap."

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

Perfect City Eco Friendly Car

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I just bought this car over the Honda Fit and Kia Soul and I gotta say I am really happy I went with this ride. It zips all over the place and is easy to control. I love the interior as well, its trendy. Be careful with the interior... it can scratch easily."

my xD is awesomE!

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I had my xD almost 3 years now, i drove it from New York to San Diego (more than 3K miles) with my brother and the back seat FULL of random stuff at a constant 85mph in 2 1/2 days! and yesssss, it never failed me! The ride is very responsive and the seating is very well positioned with great visibility. And the mileage?? i could get 40+ mpg on this car on a highway with a long drive... overall, its awesome and definitely would recommend it to everyone who wants the toyota quality and a unique style!"

unique and comfortable

By on Monday, March 01, 2010

"I have owned this car for a little over a year and have nothing bad to say about it. Inside, it has the familiar comfort features of a comparable toyota, but outside it has the style of a more unique or expensive car. Even though it is small I have been able to transport very large items in the hatchback. I love the way it drives and I am always suprised at how many miles i can get in a tank of gas. I still have that new car love for it even after a year of owning it. Would recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable hatchback with a stylish flair."

scion xd review

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I have had the vehicle for almost 2 yrs now. If you are in need of reliable and functional vehicle, this definatley fits the bill. I take care of it cuz i know this will last me a long time."

Worth Every Dollar

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I was deliberating between the Honda Fit and Scion xD for a few weeks before going with the xD. I test drove both vehicles and found that the xD felt like it had more room and nimble handling. The Fit was okay, but that's about it. I do prefer the sportier look of the xD. For the last five years, I've been driving a '92 Crown Vic with a V8 so this was a bit of an adjustment for me in regarding to driving up hills, accelaration, etc. However, last night as I was coming home from eastern Washington, I had to pass a vehicle ahead of me. Without even thinking about it, I easily moved out of my lane, over took the other vehicle and slid back into traffic. With a Corrolla engine, I don't have to worry about reliability. The standard safety features are "upgrades" in many other vehicles of this class. For an entry level sub compact and my first car buying experience of no haggling, I would say this is the best first car I've ever purchased."

Picked Over Fit

By on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"I honestly don't understand some of the 'negative' press on this car. I am a Honda fan, but after several test drives of the Fit and the Scion xD, we chose the Scion. The interior material was of higher quality and the feel was overall more solid. While the Fit's 5-speed manual was 'dreamy' and better than Toyota's version, the automatic trans gave a clear nod to Scion. We also loved the mini-cooper-esque styling of the xD...while not crazy about the mini minivan look of the Fit. With all the seats folded down, the cargo room is very close to Honda's competitor. It certainly has more pep with the larger engine while posting the same fuel numbers. As of now, we are averaging almost 32 mpg in mostly city driving. Lastly, the engine noise at highway speeds is much lower in the xD over the Fit and we like the higher front seating and somewhat 'German-esque' feel of the steering/handling. It can be a little bumpy over bad roads, but it's not a Lexus. Bad roads are bad roads. It handles bumps better than our 09 CRV. Overall it is a terrific, good looking, multiuse vehicle for it's class and I think it's a great value. Don't let the Honda Fit-loving press keep you from test driving this one and that from a Honda fan."

Fantastic for what it is

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"The styling and the included features (iPod hookup, power everything, etc) had me at hello. The gas tank is waaay too small (8 gallons) so you'll be filling up all the time even though the gas mileage is a little over 30mpg. The tires are incredibly expensive if they ever need to be replaced so do your research before going to the dealer to have them replace them. I wish I did! Overall the experience has been terrific though. I just wanted to put the negatives up because those are usually more important when buying a new car."

Great car, spectacular death on freeway

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"Don't let it's small exterior fool you - having been in a terrible sandwich accident that crumpled the car like tinfoil, I'm walking, talking and not in the hospital. I LOVED that car; bought it specifically for the traction and stability control after the worst winter Wisconsin had seen in 100 years when my Matrix was unable to handle 4+ foot snowfalls over and over. I only had it eight months, but found it to be utterly reliable, a dream on the freeway, very cheap on the gas and best of all you could haul a great deal of stuff in it (important when you own a fixer-upper.) It didn't have the cargo room of my Matrix, but then it got 10% gas mileage and because it was smaller, I always knew where its behind was. It comes with a load of stuff standard, like cruise control, the ipod port, a port for your Sirius if you choose not to factory install. I called it my little quarterhorse, because when you punched the accelerator, you felt it. Plus, having the "pug car" made it easy to find - really enjoyed the styling. Was very good for carrying lots of home improvement stuff, four people and a dog. Only cons were that it did not have a compartment between the two front seats, and it only had one power port. If I had had a GPS in addition to the Sirius, I would have had to either split it or switched off. And if somebody plows into you at 65 miles per hour and pushes you into the car in front of you, you have a decent chance of walking away with a bit of a sore back and a cut on your hand."

very good little car, so far

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"i've owned my xd for five months/10,000 miles, during which i've averaged right at 42 mpg, most of those miles here in hilly east tennessee and the rockies. in town, driving conservatively, i'm getting about 39, and if i keep it to 60 or less on the freeway i get close to 50 there. surprised me. i'd gone to the dealership to re-test a yaris, but bought the xd instead, the very next cheapest new car on the lot. much roomier feel than the yaris, only about $1,500 more. my criticisms: sidemirror glare at night; no lock on glovebox; sun visors too small; too small for some things i want to carry. still, it's not once let me down, and that mileage was very nice when gas was $4+/gal. i've recommended it to other people already. barring a wreck, etc., i plan to keep it until electrics have the bugs worked out some years from now."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals