2011 Scion xD

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Great car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and cost"

Cons: "Ride quality."

"I have had my xd for 5 years and have changed the oil, put one set of front brakes, and tires on it. It still runs great and I don't foresee any upcoming repairs. It currently has 94,500 miles. Great value considering I only paid $17,500 for it!"

Bought XD used, a 2009, with 157k miles on it.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliable for lots of miles"

Cons: "Somewhat noisy .. better tires work well"

"Bought this Scion XD in Missouri while traveling there in July, 2013. The car was maintained IMPECCABLY for five years before i bought it. (Manufactured 8/2008) After 160K miles, if maintained, they drive almost like a new one. I drove a new 2013 XD a few months ago, and I believe that a well maintained used one performs the same.) (IT IS a TOYOTA) same(Make sure the previous owner changed the oil and filer every 3K miles, or so.) I paid a little over 1/3 of the new price for my XD. If you are going to keep an XD for many years, I would recommend buying a new one. The quality is excellent .. Sheepskin seat covers are also wonderful."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Great value, easy to configure seats, great power"

Awesome little car!

"I have loved this car since I bought it. There is nothing comparable to it, quality wise, for the price. My manual transmission gives me lots of power, while I consistently get over 30mpg. I love that the seats fold completely flat, and I am able to carry just as much music gear as I did in my previous car, a Toyota Prius. For the money, this car is much better than what you get with a Prius, while getting the dependability of a Toyota. I put in a pioneer after-market nav system, and this little car is perfect. I paid it off this month, and know it will last me at least another 5 years! That's what I call value for the money. I can't think of anything I would change about it. Visibility is great out of all windows, power doors, windows, and locks, security system, cruise control. It looks cool in white, and I have gotten compliments on it everywhere I go."

Awesome little car!

Wish It Would Wear Out - Want A New One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "100% reliable"

"Totally reliable, change oil and go... average 38 mpg (mostly hwy driving)"

very bumpy and extremely noisy car.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "price, look,"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, noisy engine, poor ride comfort"

"The average MPG is 24. The car is very bumpy and noisy. It looks nice in and out but its lemon. I would not recommend it. The warranty service is very poor. I will never buy Scion neither Toyota again.."

scion xd 2008

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "very nice to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine"

"Fun car to drive,great gas milage,except to cheap quality,it looks like they made them not to last,and I noticed that the engine is kind of loud!! But the car is good enough to attract others,(I usually get comments...) and save money overall!"

Aweome little car for the price

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, sporty, customizable, and horsepower"

Cons: "noisy on highway, non-standard center armrest"

"I recently started working for a car dealership so I have plenty of resouces at my disposal for researching cars. My mom has the original version of the xD when it came out in 2008 (which she LOVES), so I am familiar with the car. My orginal choice of car was out of my price range in the end, so I had to look for cheaper options. I saw the xD sitting on our lot and decided to look more into it. I liked the price, it had everythign I needed, and I know they are good quality because of my mom's experince. So I got it and I do not regret my choice at all. For being a compact car, it has plenty of horsepower and it handles nicely. They are easily customizble (both from the manufacture and post-market). The only things I do not like is that the center armrest is not standard (to be honest that bothers my boyfriend more than me and I am the one who drives it more) and that it is a bit noisier than I expected on the highway. And the dealership my mom bought hers from is already begging her to sell it back and get a new one because there is a demand for them used. So great potential resell value."

not comfortable

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "cheap to fill at the pump"

Cons: "no arm rest, buttons in odd places"

dealer pic

"I wouldn't recommend this vehicle,I have owned this vehicle for less then a year (July 2012),you will find the arm rest on the door is very uncomfortable an is not proportioned properly, the steering wheel needs to have a telescope feature other wise you'll be reaching for the steering wheel (tall or short persons),it doesn't ride very smooth,arm rest doesn't come standard,seats are not comfy for long rides,(re-sale/trade in value is very poor)"

dealer pic

I LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Reason: needed bigger car

Pros: "great price and easy to customize"

Cons: "not a lot of trunk space"

"this was the first car I bought on my own and i loved it! it has been reliable and fun to drive. THe interior is cute and functional with two glove boxes. the only reason I got rid of mine was that I had two children and there isnt enough room for two car seats. but this would be perfect for a teen, single person or a couple without kids in car seats"

Depends on your needs and where you live

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

"I have owned this car since 2010. So many positives for the money. Positives (great comfortable seats for someone with back problems even the back seats, great gas mileage, visibility good, for the size does well on a trip but best for around town car, no maintenance issues so far, haul groceries nicely, handles well and easy to park) Negatives (I absolute hate the low profile tires on the performance wheels, much too low, had the first flat ever in my lifetime, I get very nervous in the rain or snow, windshield forms condensation after a snow, dash looks like it is covered in paper not vinyl, door hinges look like Tonka toy parts and I wonder how it would hold up in an accident. . .God forbid I find out. . .Feel a bit intimidated to pass huge truckers in this little car, Can't put down the back windows for fresh air due to the roaring thumping sound in your head, don't like the noise and feel when you turn the steering as far as it will go) If I sold or traded the car the main reason would be the tires and living in a snow area. So wish they made a 4 wheel drive in the Scion!!! I would trade!!!!"

Low cost vehicle to own and it's a Toyota brand

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Save you money over all, from gas to maintenance."

Cons: "dark interior seems to get dirty quick."

"I love this vehicle as my daily driver. It's small easy to drive and I never have issues with parking. It also save me on gas, I only spend a little over $20 every 2 weeks. I love the design I looks a little different than other small hatch-backs, it doesn't have that round jelly bean look a lot of them have. The XD seems a little more low to the ground and have more style to it. One great selling point of this vehicle is the low cost of maintenance. You only have to change the oil every 6 months. the transmission fluid is non serviceable, you never have to change it and the vehicle has a timing chain instead of a belt so no maintenance needed for that, that a lone saves you about $1,000+. The only gripe I have about it is the interior. The carpets are cheap and seem to get dirty fast, pine needles get stuck in them all the time. I wish there were other options in interior color because the black seat also seem to get dirty/dusty quickly. I would love to have a grey interior as an option. It's a great reliable vehicle I would recommend Scions to anyone!"

Practical, Fun to drive, excellent MPG, powerful.

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great reliabilty, great to drive."

"Very practical and fun to drive, while achieving excellent fuel economy. Very reliable, easy to maintain. One complaint: backseat can be noisy on very rough roads, but other than that it's fine. Best Scion ever, right behind the tC."

Very good car!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Good looks, good gas mileage, reliable, good sound"

Cons: "Road noise."

"Great gas mileage, great sound system but poor speaker enclosures. Very reliable. Great commuter but not comfortable for long trips. Too much road noise. Overall, a great car, especially for an "economy" car."

LOVE LOVE LOVE my scion

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Price, style, MPG, Warranty, College Grad Rebates"

Cons: "NOT A DANG THING"

"Bought this car in Nov '11 and I'm absolutely in LOVE with it. I was nervous at first reading all the reviews about the space in the car due to my boyfriend and I both being over 6' tall so I took him"

great errand car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"Traded my Expedition for my xD when I found myself playing soccer mom again in my 60's. Astounded at the fuel mileage and the room inside the car. Ride is good for a small car. Went from 13 mpg to 33 mpg while running around town. LOVE IT"

one of the best cars I've purchased

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "handles great in the winter I drive 100miles day"

Cons: "no auto headlights"

"good price for vehicle, solid car and handles great. would like to see some other options available."

RELIABLE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, NO PROBLEMS WITH IT

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "RELIABLE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, ADEQUATE ROOM"

Cons: "NO RIGHT ARM REST FOR DRIVER"

"VERY RELIABLE CAR WITH GOOD GAS MILEAGE [29-35]. ADEQUATE ROOM FRONT AND READ. CAN CARRY WHEEL CHAIR IN BACK AND STILL HAVE 1/2 REAR SEAT. HEAT AND A/C WORK VERY WELL, STYLE IS SO-SO. DASH LOOKS CHEAP. WOULD PREFER IF IT HAD A RIGHT ARM REST FOR DRIVER."

Great City Car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun around town."

Cons: "Seats are not too comfortable for a long drive."

"This car is terrific around town. Good visibility and a tight turning radius. Easy to get into. Simple controls. Just basic transportation with some fun electronics."

Very reliable, made it though some below zero temp

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Handles like a go-cart!!!"

Cons: "Window design creates uncomfortable pressures"

"ability to move and fold up back seat is nice. Good head space, but very little leg room. Windows were designed poorly....if i drive over 35mph with the rear windows down even a couple inches it creates a throbbing pressure throughout the car."

Best commuter car made! Solid, safe, reliable!!!

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Most car and best car for the price."

"I love this car! It's like driving a "shrunken" SUV. The seats are NOT bucket - they are fabulous and the car is extremely responsive and drives like a race car. The only thing to watch for is the blind spots. We fixed that with mini-mirrors. :) AMAZING CAR!"

great value for what you get,great mpg

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "great fuel mileage,great value compared car n clas"

Cons: "no center cosole"

"Have 5 soeed manul and get 38 mpg on highway and 33in town."

I love my Scion!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "space, look, gas economy, reliable."

Cons: "little to no insulation (sound come through easily"

"I love the car from the start. I think the outside look is unique and youthful.It's like a mini SUV, you can practically park in any little spot. It is very economic on gas. When driving in town I probably fill it up with $35 (gas prices around $3.50) and it will last up to 3 weeks. The seats are a little hard, but not uncofortable hard. The music system is good. It is spacious, with capacity of acommodating up to 5 adults. Plenty of cupholders, and space in the trunk. The only downside for me is that it has very little insolation, so if you're on a rough road you can hear/feel every single bump on the street. On long roads sometimes the wind sound is unbearable. This is a great car to have in city, not so much to be in it during long trips."

Great orange paint job and limited edition

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Nice car all around. Would tell anyone looking for one that you wont be unhappy if you get one."

stable,holds the road,plenty of room

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"love this car: it is stable in slippery comditions. seldom skids or loses traction has enough room I can sleep in it- I am 5ft tall. passenger seat is comfy for someone of 200 lbs and 6ft"

Excellent Car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "n/a"

"This car is the most reliable car i've had. Bought it new and it now has 40k miles on it, no problems at all."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals