2010 Scion xD

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Great Value for Dollar

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, reliability, economical and fun"

Cons: "No luxury upgrades"

"I bought this little car strictly to save money on gas, since I drive about 2000 miles per month. It has proven to be a great vehicle in many other respects as well. I consistently get 39 miles per gallon on the highway and 32/33 in the city. Sometimes I get as much as 41 mpg if the weather is nice and I set the cruise at 67 mpg. The car drives great in traffic and the highway. I put 50K miles on the factory tires before I changed them and the dealer said I had at least 5000 more miles on them before they needed to be changed. With regular 5K oil changes and rotation, they wore evenly and never needed realignment or re-balancing. Absolutely no vibration on the highway. Interior is somewhat Spartan, but very comfortable and spacious for a small car. It has alot of storage and the hatchback makes it easy to load groceries, etc. No frills or luxury upgrades, which bothered me at first since I am accustomed to leather and luxury, but the seat material in this car is about as tough and stain resistant as I have ever seen. The radio upgrade was not that great, and it took me nearly two years to get accustomed to the "one knob does it all" format of which I am sure a younger person would pick up right away. So my list of adjectives to describe the car would be great value, extremely reliable, low maintenance, and fun to drive. I strongly recommend this car as a first car for teenagers and budget-minded adults."

I feel so blessed having this car !

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"I feel so blessed having this car. It's fun, zippy , comfortable and gas saver !"

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

Great car

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"I love this car, with the high gas prices. This car is great on gas. I use to drive the blazer and caravan, horrible experience - gas gozzler. So after that bad experience owning this car was like a dream come true. Zippy, stylish and comfortable. If you are deciding on a compact vehicle, definitely buy this one. You won't regret it. It has all Toyota reliability."

What a kick!

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"I had a Dodge Caliber and needed another car for long daily commutes in the mountains of NY and went to Toyota last year (2010) to see what they had to offer. I took one look at the Scion xD with manual trans and said "That one!" The test drive confirmed what my gut had reacted to. Tight and quick response on the road and great road feel from the power steering. I did not get snow tires and this baby has been a trooper in the snow. The traction control and stability control keep her true and straight in the most adverse conditions, and believe me, I have driven the Northway in blizzard conditions with snow up to her door sills and she plowed her way through without hesitation. There have been NO problems in the first 18,000 miles. The only downside is there is little "trunk" space but the two rear seats fold forward if I need the extra room. I expect to keep this little gem for many years because it is too fun to get rid of."

Picked Over Fit

By on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"I honestly don't understand some of the 'negative' press on this car. I am a Honda fan, but after several test drives of the Fit and the Scion xD, we chose the Scion. The interior material was of higher quality and the feel was overall more solid. While the Fit's 5-speed manual was 'dreamy' and better than Toyota's version, the automatic trans gave a clear nod to Scion. We also loved the mini-cooper-esque styling of the xD...while not crazy about the mini minivan look of the Fit. With all the seats folded down, the cargo room is very close to Honda's competitor. It certainly has more pep with the larger engine while posting the same fuel numbers. As of now, we are averaging almost 32 mpg in mostly city driving. Lastly, the engine noise at highway speeds is much lower in the xD over the Fit and we like the higher front seating and somewhat 'German-esque' feel of the steering/handling. It can be a little bumpy over bad roads, but it's not a Lexus. Bad roads are bad roads. It handles bumps better than our 09 CRV. Overall it is a terrific, good looking, multiuse vehicle for it's class and I think it's a great value. Don't let the Honda Fit-loving press keep you from test driving this one and that from a Honda fan."

Great Little Car

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"I bought this car new in 2008, first owner. I love it! It's got great zip, you can get in and out of parking spaces (especially tight ones) very easily, and overall a great quality vehicle. I went from a Firebird to two Escapes to this. I wanted a hatchback that was different than the other things on the road and this was a perfect fit. I have around 32,000 miles on it and have no major issues. The only drawback is the tires wore before I even hit 25,000 miles and tires are such an odd size that when you need to buy new ones they're extremely expensive (over $200 a tire!). So, I bought a different size than what was originally on it (even though they said it would reduce gas mileage, but it hasn't) and it's fine. Interior is hard to keep clean. Needs an armrest, but you get used to it after a while. All in all, great value for what you get. Only reason I want to buy a new car now is because I want a sports car! But I'll probably just keep this for a few more years. I get anywhere from 30-38 mpg on a regular basis. The folding/reclining rear seats are very easy to use too and extremely convenient for hauling stuff. It's just all around a great car."

i loove this car

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I bought the car in October 2010, and have not had a dull moment yet! Great gas milieage, handles smoothly. The only thing I can think of changing is the storage: if you were to put a bag of groceries in the trunk area, be prepared to have everything roll around every time you turn the corner, there is no way to hook up a storage net and nothing to keep things from sliding around, even on the floor of the back seat area. A minor concern for an otherwise fabulous car! Within the first two oweeks of owning the vehicle, I was stopped at the gas station and asked about my car... and my coworkers enjoyed traveling in it to meetings, plenty of room for four adults."

I really enjoy it

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I have had mine for 3.5 years and 38,500 miles later it is still exceptional. The only drawback is it seems to have Blindspots when changing lanes, but as long as you are aware of it and make sure you take an extra good look before changing lanes you'll be alright."

Awesome

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"This has been the best car I have ever owned. The only negative is the comfort. Really could use arm rests. The dash gets dirty really easy and its hard to clean. But thats it. I'm so in love with my car. I smile every time I get into drive it and the radio even says "Good Morning". Love It!!"

Good & Cheap

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I've had mine for 3 years. No major problems. Great mileage. There is a vibration/noise when the back windows are down that prevents driving with them down. I took it back to the dealer, but no satisfaction."

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Awesome Car

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"I've reviewed this car in the past and thought I'd give an update. So far 93,000 miles (I'm the original owner) in 2 years and the only problem (knock on wood) is that the EVAP Purge Flow just went. It cost with labor about $280. To be honest, that's pretty good for a car!"

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

XD Rel Series 1.0

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"I have had my Rel Series for over 2 years without one problem. 30k miles and I get 35 MPG on the Road, 29-31 around town. Only issue is the 18" tires can barely make 30k and they need replacement, however they make a huge difference in handling so it is worth the extra. Great little car for the $$$$$."

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not sure if I want to buy another Toyota brand

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"What disappointed me about this vehicle was finding out that the gas pan was made out of plastic. I owned a corolla before getting a Scion xD, and the gas pan on the corolla was metal. The Scion's fuels lines are also made out of plastic. If the fuel line is damaged, you cannot just replace the fuel line, you must replace the entire gas pan because the fuel lines are attached to the gas pan. There goes $600 dollars. I would have expected Scion to equip their vehicles with a better product, but it just goes to show that they are getting cheap with their manufacturing."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 02, 2010

"86,250 miles and still going strong! Knock on wood, no problems."

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

Perfect City Eco Friendly Car

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I just bought this car over the Honda Fit and Kia Soul and I gotta say I am really happy I went with this ride. It zips all over the place and is easy to control. I love the interior as well, its trendy. Be careful with the interior... it can scratch easily."

Looks better than it is

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"The Scion xD gets pretty good gas mileage (about 33 mpg in the city) and has a lot of zing to it. However, in a rear collision accident the car crumbles. There's not a lot of head room or "trunk space". The fold down seats are easy and convenient when trying to load in something bigger than would fit in a regular car trunk, but with the seats up there is zero space in the back. We paid $16,250 for the car and looking back it's probably not worth it. Should have bought a Honda."

FAVORITE CAR EVER

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"I worked at enterprise for a while so I have driven almost every car out there. I own a Scion XD and it is by far the best overall compact car on the market. I love my car so much. As a previous Jeep owner (2 wranglers and a grand cherokee limited) I love having some space but living in a city I no longer needed anything rugged. I can fit my bike in the back if I fold down the seats so for a tiny car, that is impressive. It drives nicely (not much pep, but that just wastes gas anyways right?) and I love this car so much! I never want to get rid of it. Almost 2 years and 16400 miles, best car ever!"

Noisy, Noisy

By on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"This is good run around town car but don't take it on the road. It is noisy even after undercoating and new noise reduction tires. There is no opportunity for conversation in the car during freeway driving due to the noise. At city street speeds the noise is tolerable. For gas mileage the car is exceptional. It has rattles in it which can't be found. If I could get decent money out of it, it would be gone."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for