2010 Scion xD

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Fun car to drive - manual trans., elderly access

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "great price and great mileage."

Cons: "some road noise and noisy tires."

"Great car for driving in congested traffic . . . peppy, but not a lion. I really loved having it for these past eight years. New tires all around about 5000 miles ago. No mechanical problems and excellent mileage - 32-34 MPG."

Fun car to drive - manual trans., elderly access

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "great price and great mileage."

Cons: "some road noise and noisy tires."

Good first car

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Good cup holders, Two decently sized glove boxes"

Cons: "Seats, ride quality, Interior Space, Wind Noise"

"If you want a cheap, reliable first car, then this is the car for you. I'm averaging 36 mpg which is above the quoted dealership mpg. The engine, all be it really small, is peppy through the first few gears. There's good feed back through the steering wheel, peddles, and gearbox, while the gear box (with the manual gearbox) is notchy, and its very hard to miss a gear, although it doesn't like to be forced/rushed into gear. For what it is, it handles surprisingly well, even though there is quite a bit of body roll. The car is not a sports car, but it rides like a sports car, the seats do hug you decently, but are way to firm. This is not a comfortable car to take on long road trips, not only because its seats are to firm, but because its cramped in the interior. The seats sit way to high up, as well as the lack of overall leg room. Its also a sea of plastic, but more high quality plastic, it wont break just by going over bumps. All in all, it's a great first car that is easy to learn on (especially if you want to learn to drive stick), pretty economical, and cheap enough to break in."

2008 Spunky & roomy

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Reason: business needs

Pros: "great price, loads of cup holders"

Cons: "no way to open backhatch directly"

"My dad was 6' tall and was amazed by the leg room and head room in the front and back of this car. Plus the fact of how easy it was to get in and out of. This car is so fun to drive. I bought it new, because it was cheaper to buy new than a used car similar to it. Since this was new style. I had it for 3 years, put 66k miles on it, VERY dependable. I loved the way the seats supported the back of your legs, sets like a truck seat (non-Toyota truck)"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"Love this car! I am short (5 ft 1 inches) and this is one of the only cars I've owned that I can see out the back! Fits me perfectly. Handles well in the snow (Minnesota) for a NON 4 wheel drive! Only complaint is turning radius, can't do a U turn on a city street...have to do a Y turn instead."

Excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cons: "Good for a single person or couple."

"This has been by far the most economic car I have ever owned. Excellent power and really fun to drive."

One of the best cars we have owned

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, feels solid, gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "HUGE blind spots. Rear headroom is bad +6"er"

"The perfect run around car. Front seats are great-really great. Great in traffic, with kids, excellent gas mileage. Sound system is good. Engine has good snap."

I like this car

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "saving money"

Cons: "slightly cramped"

"Not much leg room. My legs get cramped. The car is designed beautifully for lowered expenses, also with the first two years of dealership mechanics doing free 5,000 mile checkups. It gets up to speed faster than other cars I've had. Everything is working properly, like heat and air conditioning. The Bluetooth phone sounds nice. The seats are comparable or better than other small cars, but I find them a little bit uncomfortable. I save more money with this car than any I've had, except maybe an old Volks bug a long time ago. It's fun making hairpin turns. Enough room in back to carry an average load of things."

Underrated Car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Standard options, great price & fuel mileage"

Cons: "Small spaces, no leg room"

"I bought my 2010 Scion xD with only 7 miles, and it now has over 71,000. I really do not understand why it is not rated better nor why more are not sold. I frequently make a trip that is nearly 3800 miles, round trip, and it costs me around $325 or less. I get great gas mileage in this little car, love the way it handles, and will purchase another Scion in the future, provided they have the hatchback I need."

Super value!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Versatility, price, fuel economy"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I bought this car new. Reliability has been stellar. Fuel milage has been remarkable. The versatility is amazing. The only downsides I've found are the road noise and slightly underpowered engine when all the seats are full. I tend to drive my cars until they die. This car will probably be with me for a long long time. This car has had zero issues. Change the oil and watch it keep running. This car can fit huge packages in it with the seats folded down. The seating will fit 4 people comfortably (5 less so). Be aware this is a small car that can pretend to be big in one way at a time. Fill it with people and the cargo space seems small and vice versa. With the great gas milage, driving this inexpensive car for work was a money maker (milage allowace > cost to own & drive). In the end this car is what you would expect, a great value. The ride can be a bit noisy. The finish isn't luxury. But if getting from point A to B reliably, efficiently and inexpensively sounds good to you, this might be your car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals