2010 Scion xD

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

I like this car

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "saving money"

Cons: "slightly cramped"

"Not much leg room. My legs get cramped. The car is designed beautifully for lowered expenses, also with the first two years of dealership mechanics doing free 5,000 mile checkups. It gets up to speed faster than other cars I've had. Everything is working properly, like heat and air conditioning. The Bluetooth phone sounds nice. The seats are comparable or better than other small cars, but I find them a little bit uncomfortable. I save more money with this car than any I've had, except maybe an old Volks bug a long time ago. It's fun making hairpin turns. Enough room in back to carry an average load of things."

Underrated Car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Standard options, great price & fuel mileage"

Cons: "Small spaces, no leg room"

"I bought my 2010 Scion xD with only 7 miles, and it now has over 71,000. I really do not understand why it is not rated better nor why more are not sold. I frequently make a trip that is nearly 3800 miles, round trip, and it costs me around $325 or less. I get great gas mileage in this little car, love the way it handles, and will purchase another Scion in the future, provided they have the hatchback I need."

Super value!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Versatility, price, fuel economy"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I bought this car new. Reliability has been stellar. Fuel milage has been remarkable. The versatility is amazing. The only downsides I've found are the road noise and slightly underpowered engine when all the seats are full. I tend to drive my cars until they die. This car will probably be with me for a long long time. This car has had zero issues. Change the oil and watch it keep running. This car can fit huge packages in it with the seats folded down. The seating will fit 4 people comfortably (5 less so). Be aware this is a small car that can pretend to be big in one way at a time. Fill it with people and the cargo space seems small and vice versa. With the great gas milage, driving this inexpensive car for work was a money maker (milage allowace > cost to own & drive). In the end this car is what you would expect, a great value. The ride can be a bit noisy. The finish isn't luxury. But if getting from point A to B reliably, efficiently and inexpensively sounds good to you, this might be your car."

This car rocks

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, economy, fun, audio, versatile, price"

Cons: "still looking"

"Bought the release series 1.0 new in 2008 as it had everything on it that I would have added, only needed custom wheels. I travel a lot for work and this car has never failed me and is a ball to drive. Everyone loves the release series color and styling. It has always given me great gas mileage (33-38) average. I have put a cold air intake for more pep and done a lot of upgrades to the audio and sound proofing, it is a ball to drive as it handles so well. I have shown it it many car shows and taken first place in some for it's class. Did I say how fun it is? PS. I have a roof rack and load this thing up with a hobie kayak and tons of fishing gear for a mini SUV that takes me everywhere-cheap!"

Most dependable and fun car I've owned

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, sporty looks, great pick-up"

Cons: "no center console but aftermarket available"

"I've driven this car for close to 80k miles now and I love it! Been a trooper in the snow, plowed through 10" blizzard and got me home safely! I have the RS 1.0 model with the factory body kit and it handles like my racing kart. I have to pull out into interstate traffic every morning and it has great pickup. Up to 70mph very quickly. The handling is amazing for a car in this class, my husband thinks the steering is too sensitive but it's just quick and helps you avoid the idiots on your morning commute. I do feel a little intimidated on the highway, going from an SUV to this but with the great gas mileage, I'll deal with it! Mostly highway driving and averaging 32-35 mpg. It has all the basic features you need and I can even hook up my phone to the aux jack and talk through the stereo if I put phone on speaker. Bluetooth would be nice. Overall a great car, it is a Toyota after all!!"

Cons: "Ride quality."

"I have had my xd for 5 years and have changed the oil, put one set of front brakes, and tires on it. It still runs great and I don't foresee any upcoming repairs. It currently has 94,500 miles. Great value considering I only paid $17,500 for it!"

Cons: "Ride quality."

Bought XD used, a 2009, with 157k miles on it.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliable for lots of miles"

Cons: "Somewhat noisy .. better tires work well"

"Bought this Scion XD in Missouri while traveling there in July, 2013. The car was maintained IMPECCABLY for five years before i bought it. (Manufactured 8/2008) After 160K miles, if maintained, they drive almost like a new one. I drove a new 2013 XD a few months ago, and I believe that a well maintained used one performs the same.) (IT IS a TOYOTA) same(Make sure the previous owner changed the oil and filer every 3K miles, or so.) I paid a little over 1/3 of the new price for my XD. If you are going to keep an XD for many years, I would recommend buying a new one. The quality is excellent .. Sheepskin seat covers are also wonderful."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Great value, easy to configure seats, great power"

Awesome little car!

"I have loved this car since I bought it. There is nothing comparable to it, quality wise, for the price. My manual transmission gives me lots of power, while I consistently get over 30mpg. I love that the seats fold completely flat, and I am able to carry just as much music gear as I did in my previous car, a Toyota Prius. For the money, this car is much better than what you get with a Prius, while getting the dependability of a Toyota. I put in a pioneer after-market nav system, and this little car is perfect. I paid it off this month, and know it will last me at least another 5 years! That's what I call value for the money. I can't think of anything I would change about it. Visibility is great out of all windows, power doors, windows, and locks, security system, cruise control. It looks cool in white, and I have gotten compliments on it everywhere I go."

Awesome little car!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals