2010 Scion xD

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Very reliable, made it though some below zero temp

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Handles like a go-cart!!!"

Cons: "Window design creates uncomfortable pressures"

"ability to move and fold up back seat is nice. Good head space, but very little leg room. Windows were designed poorly....if i drive over 35mph with the rear windows down even a couple inches it creates a throbbing pressure throughout the car."

Best commuter car made! Solid, safe, reliable!!!

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Most car and best car for the price."

"I love this car! It's like driving a "shrunken" SUV. The seats are NOT bucket - they are fabulous and the car is extremely responsive and drives like a race car. The only thing to watch for is the blind spots. We fixed that with mini-mirrors. :) AMAZING CAR!"

Great Value for Dollar

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, reliability, economical and fun"

Cons: "No luxury upgrades"

"I bought this little car strictly to save money on gas, since I drive about 2000 miles per month. It has proven to be a great vehicle in many other respects as well. I consistently get 39 miles per gallon on the highway and 32/33 in the city. Sometimes I get as much as 41 mpg if the weather is nice and I set the cruise at 67 mpg. The car drives great in traffic and the highway. I put 50K miles on the factory tires before I changed them and the dealer said I had at least 5000 more miles on them before they needed to be changed. With regular 5K oil changes and rotation, they wore evenly and never needed realignment or re-balancing. Absolutely no vibration on the highway. Interior is somewhat Spartan, but very comfortable and spacious for a small car. It has alot of storage and the hatchback makes it easy to load groceries, etc. No frills or luxury upgrades, which bothered me at first since I am accustomed to leather and luxury, but the seat material in this car is about as tough and stain resistant as I have ever seen. The radio upgrade was not that great, and it took me nearly two years to get accustomed to the "one knob does it all" format of which I am sure a younger person would pick up right away. So my list of adjectives to describe the car would be great value, extremely reliable, low maintenance, and fun to drive. I strongly recommend this car as a first car for teenagers and budget-minded adults."

Smooth, quick, and easy on the wallet

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"I have owned this car for a little over two years,and I have yet to find a single thing wrong with it. The gas mileage is amazing, and I ride in comfort every time I get behind the wheel. From the outside, it may look cramped, but once you get within, it is very spacious, even in the back seats (which recline :D ). Over all, this car is amazing. I reccomend it to anyone who may be interested, especially those that aren't looking to spend too much on either the car itself or on fuel. Safe driving."

Looks my little car

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"I traded my 2001 mitsu galant gtz for this little one last year when the gas was round 3.80 a gallon and I never regreted. Yeah had some tough time downgrading from 3.0l v6 to 1.8l inline but, hey even in suburbs its not like you can race ur way to work in this traffic. This is my primary commuter car, had it for a little more than a yeah now and hauled more stuff that you can fit in a mid sized sedan. Some improvements that could be nice - 1)reducing the engine noise(roar) esp from stop to decent speed of 35mph 2)tire noise 3)wouldnt mind a bigger rear window but all in all averaginf at a good 33 mph (even more if I take it a little easy). Would definetely recommend."

Great car!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I bought my Scion xD last Nov and I have had so much fun driving it. The biggest surprise to me was how it handled the New England winters. i had absolutly no problems last year, not even a slide. I've actually been complimented on my car several times by complete strangers. My only complaint is that it has no arm rests. But other than that, I very happy,"

Great Car for the Money

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"Traded in my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee (which I loved) on a new xD. My other vehicle is van, which I use for work, so I just couldn't afford poor gas mileage on two vehicles any longer. I love this car, and after looking at *many* of the competitor's cars in the same class, I settled on the xD. Best all around bang for the buck in my opinion. Good looks, decent performance, fairly roomy interior, great sound system, and good gas mileage. I am getting about 29 mpg around town, and the motor isn't broken in yet. Haven't had a chance to check highway mileage yet, but sure it's very good. One note: I'm 6'-2", and found the xD to be the most comfortable in leg room while driving. My only quips, are that with the seat all the way back, the driver's side door armrest does you no good, and there is no middle console to rest your right arm on (hey, it isn't my Jeep after all, lol). I find myself resting my arms on my legs while driving, which isn't all bad, since the steering wheel is adjustable, and correctly desgned for this. That's about my only complaint. Otherwise, it's quite comfortable to drive, and handles better than my old 1972 Datsun 240Z did (ahh the good old days). Would definitely recommend anyone give it a test drive, looking to buy in this car's category."

Low cost vehicle to own and it's a Toyota brand

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Save you money over all, from gas to maintenance."

Cons: "dark interior seems to get dirty quick."

"I love this vehicle as my daily driver. It's small easy to drive and I never have issues with parking. It also save me on gas, I only spend a little over $20 every 2 weeks. I love the design I looks a little different than other small hatch-backs, it doesn't have that round jelly bean look a lot of them have. The XD seems a little more low to the ground and have more style to it. One great selling point of this vehicle is the low cost of maintenance. You only have to change the oil every 6 months. the transmission fluid is non serviceable, you never have to change it and the vehicle has a timing chain instead of a belt so no maintenance needed for that, that a lone saves you about $1,000+. The only gripe I have about it is the interior. The carpets are cheap and seem to get dirty fast, pine needles get stuck in them all the time. I wish there were other options in interior color because the black seat also seem to get dirty/dusty quickly. I would love to have a grey interior as an option. It's a great reliable vehicle I would recommend Scions to anyone!"

Very good car!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Good looks, good gas mileage, reliable, good sound"

Cons: "Road noise."

"Great gas mileage, great sound system but poor speaker enclosures. Very reliable. Great commuter but not comfortable for long trips. Too much road noise. Overall, a great car, especially for an "economy" car."

Great City Car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun around town."

Cons: "Seats are not too comfortable for a long drive."

"This car is terrific around town. Good visibility and a tight turning radius. Easy to get into. Simple controls. Just basic transportation with some fun electronics."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals