2009 Scion xD

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Good & Cheap

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I've had mine for 3 years. No major problems. Great mileage. There is a vibration/noise when the back windows are down that prevents driving with them down. I took it back to the dealer, but no satisfaction."

Awesome Car

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"I've reviewed this car in the past and thought I'd give an update. So far 93,000 miles (I'm the original owner) in 2 years and the only problem (knock on wood) is that the EVAP Purge Flow just went. It cost with labor about $280. To be honest, that's pretty good for a car!"

love at first drive

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"I was looking to buy my first car and nothing really clicked for me. I knew I wanted something smaller than the boat I had been driving around and I wanted a hatchback. I almost bought a toyota yaris hatchback when one dealer pointed me towards a little gray box. It was exactly what I wanted and then some. The standard sound system is great. I can fold the backseats down and take my dogs places comfortably and they can get in through the hatch without me having to lift them. The xD has a lot of power for its size. With all the blizzards recently I don't think that little yaris would have even made it out of my driveway. I got the xD stuck twice but it was the driver's fault, not the car and since it's so little it was easy to push it out. (trying to get ANY car through 10+ inches of slush/ice is probably not a good idea) It's great on gas! I can drive across PA and only have to fill up the 11 gal tank once. In town it isn't as great, but I live in the mountains so I'm ok with that as long as it keeps getting me up and down them. (which it does) TWO PROBLEMS: (1) I'm kinda tall (almost 6 ft) and the seats don't adjust as much as I would like them to. I can sit comfortably, but it's not as comfortable as I would like. (2) The schedule maintenance light came on at 5000 miles even though I had an oil change at 5 months (3000 miles). I'm not sure if it's the car's fault or the people who did the oil change didn't reset it. Hopefully it'll be off after the next one. People at work make fun of my little gray box, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything."

excellent value for the price

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I've had this car for just under a year now. I have had no problems with it what so ever. It's obviously not a luxury car, but it's very nice for what you pay for it. The biggest critique I would have would be that there is no center arm rest for the driver, however for about $300 you can have one installed at the dealership (which I will probably do soon). The car comes nicely stocked with electric windows/locks, two mp3 hook ups (one ipod, and one standard jack). there is plenty of room in the back for large items (considering it is a very small hatchback that is). With the seats down I can fit almost anything I'd want to carry in the back. And the gas millage is great!"

I love my scion

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"This car is awesome! Gas milage is wonderful! The vehicle drives like a dream. She's cute/stylish and a speedy 4 cylinder. I Love my Scion"

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 01, 2008

"I have been driving my Scion for 4 months now. Good gas mileage, very easy to maneuver not to mention the fact the it is sooo cute and not the boxie type the early Scions are. I love the Pioneer stereo. Good price for an almost fully loaded car. It has cruise control, CD player, power windows, power keys and a lot more. The dash board is elegant with the waterfall style stereo encasement. Bigger than what you can see from the outside. Back seats can be folded down for extra room on a camping trip. You are safe from gas thieves as gas tank can only be opened from inside. Lots of safety feature. I love it, I love it."

xd

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Gets great gas milage averaged 41 MPG driving back to Miami from Key West Florida has all the toys, a hoot to drive, very nimble in traffic."

Tons of cargo room, small annoyances

By on Monday, December 21, 2015

Pros: "Tons of cargo, Easy to drive"

Cons: "Wiper speed, auto-locks/wont lock"

"This car is great, especially if you're short. I'm just about 5' and I don't have any blind spots in this vehicle. However, taller people may not enjoy it. There is a TON of cargo room, regardless of the kbb info page. My vehicle carries larger and more volume than any of my friends vehicles except the trucks. the seats go down super easily, the seat belts don't get in the way, and it's very easy to adjust back into place. My only complaints about this vehicle are small annoyances you don't notice until day to day life.. Such as the windshield wipers don't have an adjustable setting. The settings are all at odd speeds, too fast or too slow, and you can't change it at all. Also, the back wiper is way too fast. I cannot imagine ever needing it to go that much. So, I end up manually clicking them both or dealing with annoying wipers. Also, you cannot lock the doors with a back-up key faub. If the keys are in, you have to lock from the doors. So no warming it up with one key and getting in later with another. Also, the car auto locks after a few seconds if you turn it off. So, if you're loading things into your car, you need to either leave the hatch open the entire time or carry the key. Kind of defeats the entire purpose of the last function (not allowing you to lock keys in vehicle). Overall, great car. Just wish it was a bit more convenient for day to day."

One of the best cars we have owned

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, feels solid, gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "HUGE blind spots. Rear headroom is bad +6"er"

"The perfect run around car. Front seats are great-really great. Great in traffic, with kids, excellent gas mileage. Sound system is good. Engine has good snap."

RELIABLE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, NO PROBLEMS WITH IT

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "RELIABLE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, ADEQUATE ROOM"

Cons: "NO RIGHT ARM REST FOR DRIVER"

"VERY RELIABLE CAR WITH GOOD GAS MILEAGE [29-35]. ADEQUATE ROOM FRONT AND READ. CAN CARRY WHEEL CHAIR IN BACK AND STILL HAVE 1/2 REAR SEAT. HEAT AND A/C WORK VERY WELL, STYLE IS SO-SO. DASH LOOKS CHEAP. WOULD PREFER IF IT HAD A RIGHT ARM REST FOR DRIVER."

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

Perfect City Eco Friendly Car

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I just bought this car over the Honda Fit and Kia Soul and I gotta say I am really happy I went with this ride. It zips all over the place and is easy to control. I love the interior as well, its trendy. Be careful with the interior... it can scratch easily."

Noisy, Noisy

By on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"This is good run around town car but don't take it on the road. It is noisy even after undercoating and new noise reduction tires. There is no opportunity for conversation in the car during freeway driving due to the noise. At city street speeds the noise is tolerable. For gas mileage the car is exceptional. It has rattles in it which can't be found. If I could get decent money out of it, it would be gone."

my xD is awesomE!

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I had my xD almost 3 years now, i drove it from New York to San Diego (more than 3K miles) with my brother and the back seat FULL of random stuff at a constant 85mph in 2 1/2 days! and yesssss, it never failed me! The ride is very responsive and the seating is very well positioned with great visibility. And the mileage?? i could get 40+ mpg on this car on a highway with a long drive... overall, its awesome and definitely would recommend it to everyone who wants the toyota quality and a unique style!"

unique and comfortable

By on Monday, March 01, 2010

"I have owned this car for a little over a year and have nothing bad to say about it. Inside, it has the familiar comfort features of a comparable toyota, but outside it has the style of a more unique or expensive car. Even though it is small I have been able to transport very large items in the hatchback. I love the way it drives and I am always suprised at how many miles i can get in a tank of gas. I still have that new car love for it even after a year of owning it. Would recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable hatchback with a stylish flair."

scion xd review

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I have had the vehicle for almost 2 yrs now. If you are in need of reliable and functional vehicle, this definatley fits the bill. I take care of it cuz i know this will last me a long time."

Worth Every Dollar

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I was deliberating between the Honda Fit and Scion xD for a few weeks before going with the xD. I test drove both vehicles and found that the xD felt like it had more room and nimble handling. The Fit was okay, but that's about it. I do prefer the sportier look of the xD. For the last five years, I've been driving a '92 Crown Vic with a V8 so this was a bit of an adjustment for me in regarding to driving up hills, accelaration, etc. However, last night as I was coming home from eastern Washington, I had to pass a vehicle ahead of me. Without even thinking about it, I easily moved out of my lane, over took the other vehicle and slid back into traffic. With a Corrolla engine, I don't have to worry about reliability. The standard safety features are "upgrades" in many other vehicles of this class. For an entry level sub compact and my first car buying experience of no haggling, I would say this is the best first car I've ever purchased."

Picked Over Fit

By on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"I honestly don't understand some of the 'negative' press on this car. I am a Honda fan, but after several test drives of the Fit and the Scion xD, we chose the Scion. The interior material was of higher quality and the feel was overall more solid. While the Fit's 5-speed manual was 'dreamy' and better than Toyota's version, the automatic trans gave a clear nod to Scion. We also loved the mini-cooper-esque styling of the xD...while not crazy about the mini minivan look of the Fit. With all the seats folded down, the cargo room is very close to Honda's competitor. It certainly has more pep with the larger engine while posting the same fuel numbers. As of now, we are averaging almost 32 mpg in mostly city driving. Lastly, the engine noise at highway speeds is much lower in the xD over the Fit and we like the higher front seating and somewhat 'German-esque' feel of the steering/handling. It can be a little bumpy over bad roads, but it's not a Lexus. Bad roads are bad roads. It handles bumps better than our 09 CRV. Overall it is a terrific, good looking, multiuse vehicle for it's class and I think it's a great value. Don't let the Honda Fit-loving press keep you from test driving this one and that from a Honda fan."

Fantastic for what it is

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"The styling and the included features (iPod hookup, power everything, etc) had me at hello. The gas tank is waaay too small (8 gallons) so you'll be filling up all the time even though the gas mileage is a little over 30mpg. The tires are incredibly expensive if they ever need to be replaced so do your research before going to the dealer to have them replace them. I wish I did! Overall the experience has been terrific though. I just wanted to put the negatives up because those are usually more important when buying a new car."

Great car, spectacular death on freeway

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"Don't let it's small exterior fool you - having been in a terrible sandwich accident that crumpled the car like tinfoil, I'm walking, talking and not in the hospital. I LOVED that car; bought it specifically for the traction and stability control after the worst winter Wisconsin had seen in 100 years when my Matrix was unable to handle 4+ foot snowfalls over and over. I only had it eight months, but found it to be utterly reliable, a dream on the freeway, very cheap on the gas and best of all you could haul a great deal of stuff in it (important when you own a fixer-upper.) It didn't have the cargo room of my Matrix, but then it got 10% gas mileage and because it was smaller, I always knew where its behind was. It comes with a load of stuff standard, like cruise control, the ipod port, a port for your Sirius if you choose not to factory install. I called it my little quarterhorse, because when you punched the accelerator, you felt it. Plus, having the "pug car" made it easy to find - really enjoyed the styling. Was very good for carrying lots of home improvement stuff, four people and a dog. Only cons were that it did not have a compartment between the two front seats, and it only had one power port. If I had had a GPS in addition to the Sirius, I would have had to either split it or switched off. And if somebody plows into you at 65 miles per hour and pushes you into the car in front of you, you have a decent chance of walking away with a bit of a sore back and a cut on your hand."

very good little car, so far

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"i've owned my xd for five months/10,000 miles, during which i've averaged right at 42 mpg, most of those miles here in hilly east tennessee and the rockies. in town, driving conservatively, i'm getting about 39, and if i keep it to 60 or less on the freeway i get close to 50 there. surprised me. i'd gone to the dealership to re-test a yaris, but bought the xd instead, the very next cheapest new car on the lot. much roomier feel than the yaris, only about $1,500 more. my criticisms: sidemirror glare at night; no lock on glovebox; sun visors too small; too small for some things i want to carry. still, it's not once let me down, and that mileage was very nice when gas was $4+/gal. i've recommended it to other people already. barring a wreck, etc., i plan to keep it until electrics have the bugs worked out some years from now."

What a kick!

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"I had a Dodge Caliber and needed another car for long daily commutes in the mountains of NY and went to Toyota last year (2010) to see what they had to offer. I took one look at the Scion xD with manual trans and said "That one!" The test drive confirmed what my gut had reacted to. Tight and quick response on the road and great road feel from the power steering. I did not get snow tires and this baby has been a trooper in the snow. The traction control and stability control keep her true and straight in the most adverse conditions, and believe me, I have driven the Northway in blizzard conditions with snow up to her door sills and she plowed her way through without hesitation. There have been NO problems in the first 18,000 miles. The only downside is there is little "trunk" space but the two rear seats fold forward if I need the extra room. I expect to keep this little gem for many years because it is too fun to get rid of."

FAVORITE CAR EVER

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"I worked at enterprise for a while so I have driven almost every car out there. I own a Scion XD and it is by far the best overall compact car on the market. I love my car so much. As a previous Jeep owner (2 wranglers and a grand cherokee limited) I love having some space but living in a city I no longer needed anything rugged. I can fit my bike in the back if I fold down the seats so for a tiny car, that is impressive. It drives nicely (not much pep, but that just wastes gas anyways right?) and I love this car so much! I never want to get rid of it. Almost 2 years and 16400 miles, best car ever!"

Underrated Car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Standard options, great price & fuel mileage"

Cons: "Small spaces, no leg room"

"I bought my 2010 Scion xD with only 7 miles, and it now has over 71,000. I really do not understand why it is not rated better nor why more are not sold. I frequently make a trip that is nearly 3800 miles, round trip, and it costs me around $325 or less. I get great gas mileage in this little car, love the way it handles, and will purchase another Scion in the future, provided they have the hatchback I need."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals