2009 Scion xD

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Super value!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Versatility, price, fuel economy"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I bought this car new. Reliability has been stellar. Fuel milage has been remarkable. The versatility is amazing. The only downsides I've found are the road noise and slightly underpowered engine when all the seats are full. I tend to drive my cars until they die. This car will probably be with me for a long long time. This car has had zero issues. Change the oil and watch it keep running. This car can fit huge packages in it with the seats folded down. The seating will fit 4 people comfortably (5 less so). Be aware this is a small car that can pretend to be big in one way at a time. Fill it with people and the cargo space seems small and vice versa. With the great gas milage, driving this inexpensive car for work was a money maker (milage allowace > cost to own & drive). In the end this car is what you would expect, a great value. The ride can be a bit noisy. The finish isn't luxury. But if getting from point A to B reliably, efficiently and inexpensively sounds good to you, this might be your car."

This car rocks

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, economy, fun, audio, versatile, price"

Cons: "still looking"

"Bought the release series 1.0 new in 2008 as it had everything on it that I would have added, only needed custom wheels. I travel a lot for work and this car has never failed me and is a ball to drive. Everyone loves the release series color and styling. It has always given me great gas mileage (33-38) average. I have put a cold air intake for more pep and done a lot of upgrades to the audio and sound proofing, it is a ball to drive as it handles so well. I have shown it it many car shows and taken first place in some for it's class. Did I say how fun it is? PS. I have a roof rack and load this thing up with a hobie kayak and tons of fishing gear for a mini SUV that takes me everywhere-cheap!"

Most dependable and fun car I've owned

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, sporty looks, great pick-up"

Cons: "no center console but aftermarket available"

"I've driven this car for close to 80k miles now and I love it! Been a trooper in the snow, plowed through 10" blizzard and got me home safely! I have the RS 1.0 model with the factory body kit and it handles like my racing kart. I have to pull out into interstate traffic every morning and it has great pickup. Up to 70mph very quickly. The handling is amazing for a car in this class, my husband thinks the steering is too sensitive but it's just quick and helps you avoid the idiots on your morning commute. I do feel a little intimidated on the highway, going from an SUV to this but with the great gas mileage, I'll deal with it! Mostly highway driving and averaging 32-35 mpg. It has all the basic features you need and I can even hook up my phone to the aux jack and talk through the stereo if I put phone on speaker. Bluetooth would be nice. Overall a great car, it is a Toyota after all!!"

Great car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and cost"

Cons: "Ride quality."

"I have had my xd for 5 years and have changed the oil, put one set of front brakes, and tires on it. It still runs great and I don't foresee any upcoming repairs. It currently has 94,500 miles. Great value considering I only paid $17,500 for it!"

Great car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and cost"

Cons: "Ride quality."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals