2009 Scion xD

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Strongly Recommend This Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 05, 2010

"This car gets good gas milage. The acceleration is quick from a stop. The ride is comfortable on long trips. There is very little noise from the road. I am a tall person and I do not feel cramped or clostrophobic at all. I have never had a problem with this vehicle. The brakes always work very quickly. All my friends want to buy a Scion after I take them for a ride. The stock Pioneer sound system produces amazing clairity. It has swift and safe maneuverability in traffic. The one and only downfall of this vehicle is the blind spot in the rear. Overall, this is a fantastic car for commuting, long leisurely drives, or cross country trips."

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I was very impressed with this car. I love the gas mileage, and it handles the road very well. It will get up and go, you think your driving a sports car. I only wish there was a little more room in the back but it still works. I love it!"

2008 Spunky & roomy

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Reason: business needs

Pros: "great price, loads of cup holders"

Cons: "no way to open backhatch directly"

"My dad was 6' tall and was amazed by the leg room and head room in the front and back of this car. Plus the fact of how easy it was to get in and out of. This car is so fun to drive. I bought it new, because it was cheaper to buy new than a used car similar to it. Since this was new style. I had it for 3 years, put 66k miles on it, VERY dependable. I loved the way the seats supported the back of your legs, sets like a truck seat (non-Toyota truck)"

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"I absolutely am in love with my Scion XD. I love that everything is pretty much a standard feature on this car. The car is cute and draws quite alot of attention. Even my manly man boyfriend who is 6"2 also absolutely loves it and fits comfortably in it!! I drove from MI to Tennesee and it cost me $70 to do that each way!! Its unbelievable how much space this little car has also!! I am going to drive my Scion xD until it dies!! Did I mention that it has a the Toyota Corolla engine?? Its absolutely fabulous!!!"

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I traded in my 2005 XB for this XD and I love it. It drives much better in all categories! I live in the snowy Northeast , put some good snow tires on it and it brought me home thru some pretty good storms!! I highly recommend this car."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Cute, affordable, great mpg, comfortable, and definitely plenty of room inside. Drive the Fit and then drive this car, you will see a huge difference!"

This car rocks

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, economy, fun, audio, versatile, price"

Cons: "still looking"

"Bought the release series 1.0 new in 2008 as it had everything on it that I would have added, only needed custom wheels. I travel a lot for work and this car has never failed me and is a ball to drive. Everyone loves the release series color and styling. It has always given me great gas mileage (33-38) average. I have put a cold air intake for more pep and done a lot of upgrades to the audio and sound proofing, it is a ball to drive as it handles so well. I have shown it it many car shows and taken first place in some for it's class. Did I say how fun it is? PS. I have a roof rack and load this thing up with a hobie kayak and tons of fishing gear for a mini SUV that takes me everywhere-cheap!"

Great car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and cost"

Cons: "Ride quality."

"I have had my xd for 5 years and have changed the oil, put one set of front brakes, and tires on it. It still runs great and I don't foresee any upcoming repairs. It currently has 94,500 miles. Great value considering I only paid $17,500 for it!"

Aweome little car for the price

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, sporty, customizable, and horsepower"

Cons: "noisy on highway, non-standard center armrest"

"I recently started working for a car dealership so I have plenty of resouces at my disposal for researching cars. My mom has the original version of the xD when it came out in 2008 (which she LOVES), so I am familiar with the car. My orginal choice of car was out of my price range in the end, so I had to look for cheaper options. I saw the xD sitting on our lot and decided to look more into it. I liked the price, it had everythign I needed, and I know they are good quality because of my mom's experince. So I got it and I do not regret my choice at all. For being a compact car, it has plenty of horsepower and it handles nicely. They are easily customizble (both from the manufacture and post-market). The only things I do not like is that the center armrest is not standard (to be honest that bothers my boyfriend more than me and I am the one who drives it more) and that it is a bit noisier than I expected on the highway. And the dealership my mom bought hers from is already begging her to sell it back and get a new one because there is a demand for them used. So great potential resell value."

one of the best cars I've purchased

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "handles great in the winter I drive 100miles day"

Cons: "no auto headlights"

"good price for vehicle, solid car and handles great. would like to see some other options available."

Very reliable, made it though some below zero temp

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Handles like a go-cart!!!"

Cons: "Window design creates uncomfortable pressures"

"ability to move and fold up back seat is nice. Good head space, but very little leg room. Windows were designed poorly....if i drive over 35mph with the rear windows down even a couple inches it creates a throbbing pressure throughout the car."

Best commuter car made! Solid, safe, reliable!!!

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Most car and best car for the price."

"I love this car! It's like driving a "shrunken" SUV. The seats are NOT bucket - they are fabulous and the car is extremely responsive and drives like a race car. The only thing to watch for is the blind spots. We fixed that with mini-mirrors. :) AMAZING CAR!"

Great Value for Dollar

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, reliability, economical and fun"

Cons: "No luxury upgrades"

"I bought this little car strictly to save money on gas, since I drive about 2000 miles per month. It has proven to be a great vehicle in many other respects as well. I consistently get 39 miles per gallon on the highway and 32/33 in the city. Sometimes I get as much as 41 mpg if the weather is nice and I set the cruise at 67 mpg. The car drives great in traffic and the highway. I put 50K miles on the factory tires before I changed them and the dealer said I had at least 5000 more miles on them before they needed to be changed. With regular 5K oil changes and rotation, they wore evenly and never needed realignment or re-balancing. Absolutely no vibration on the highway. Interior is somewhat Spartan, but very comfortable and spacious for a small car. It has alot of storage and the hatchback makes it easy to load groceries, etc. No frills or luxury upgrades, which bothered me at first since I am accustomed to leather and luxury, but the seat material in this car is about as tough and stain resistant as I have ever seen. The radio upgrade was not that great, and it took me nearly two years to get accustomed to the "one knob does it all" format of which I am sure a younger person would pick up right away. So my list of adjectives to describe the car would be great value, extremely reliable, low maintenance, and fun to drive. I strongly recommend this car as a first car for teenagers and budget-minded adults."

Smooth, quick, and easy on the wallet

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"I have owned this car for a little over two years,and I have yet to find a single thing wrong with it. The gas mileage is amazing, and I ride in comfort every time I get behind the wheel. From the outside, it may look cramped, but once you get within, it is very spacious, even in the back seats (which recline :D ). Over all, this car is amazing. I reccomend it to anyone who may be interested, especially those that aren't looking to spend too much on either the car itself or on fuel. Safe driving."

Looks my little car

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"I traded my 2001 mitsu galant gtz for this little one last year when the gas was round 3.80 a gallon and I never regreted. Yeah had some tough time downgrading from 3.0l v6 to 1.8l inline but, hey even in suburbs its not like you can race ur way to work in this traffic. This is my primary commuter car, had it for a little more than a yeah now and hauled more stuff that you can fit in a mid sized sedan. Some improvements that could be nice - 1)reducing the engine noise(roar) esp from stop to decent speed of 35mph 2)tire noise 3)wouldnt mind a bigger rear window but all in all averaginf at a good 33 mph (even more if I take it a little easy). Would definetely recommend."

Great car!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I bought my Scion xD last Nov and I have had so much fun driving it. The biggest surprise to me was how it handled the New England winters. i had absolutly no problems last year, not even a slide. I've actually been complimented on my car several times by complete strangers. My only complaint is that it has no arm rests. But other than that, I very happy,"

Great Car for the Money

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"Traded in my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee (which I loved) on a new xD. My other vehicle is van, which I use for work, so I just couldn't afford poor gas mileage on two vehicles any longer. I love this car, and after looking at *many* of the competitor's cars in the same class, I settled on the xD. Best all around bang for the buck in my opinion. Good looks, decent performance, fairly roomy interior, great sound system, and good gas mileage. I am getting about 29 mpg around town, and the motor isn't broken in yet. Haven't had a chance to check highway mileage yet, but sure it's very good. One note: I'm 6'-2", and found the xD to be the most comfortable in leg room while driving. My only quips, are that with the seat all the way back, the driver's side door armrest does you no good, and there is no middle console to rest your right arm on (hey, it isn't my Jeep after all, lol). I find myself resting my arms on my legs while driving, which isn't all bad, since the steering wheel is adjustable, and correctly desgned for this. That's about my only complaint. Otherwise, it's quite comfortable to drive, and handles better than my old 1972 Datsun 240Z did (ahh the good old days). Would definitely recommend anyone give it a test drive, looking to buy in this car's category."

Low cost vehicle to own and it's a Toyota brand

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Save you money over all, from gas to maintenance."

Cons: "dark interior seems to get dirty quick."

"I love this vehicle as my daily driver. It's small easy to drive and I never have issues with parking. It also save me on gas, I only spend a little over $20 every 2 weeks. I love the design I looks a little different than other small hatch-backs, it doesn't have that round jelly bean look a lot of them have. The XD seems a little more low to the ground and have more style to it. One great selling point of this vehicle is the low cost of maintenance. You only have to change the oil every 6 months. the transmission fluid is non serviceable, you never have to change it and the vehicle has a timing chain instead of a belt so no maintenance needed for that, that a lone saves you about $1,000+. The only gripe I have about it is the interior. The carpets are cheap and seem to get dirty fast, pine needles get stuck in them all the time. I wish there were other options in interior color because the black seat also seem to get dirty/dusty quickly. I would love to have a grey interior as an option. It's a great reliable vehicle I would recommend Scions to anyone!"

Very good car!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Good looks, good gas mileage, reliable, good sound"

Cons: "Road noise."

"Great gas mileage, great sound system but poor speaker enclosures. Very reliable. Great commuter but not comfortable for long trips. Too much road noise. Overall, a great car, especially for an "economy" car."

Great City Car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun around town."

Cons: "Seats are not too comfortable for a long drive."

"This car is terrific around town. Good visibility and a tight turning radius. Easy to get into. Simple controls. Just basic transportation with some fun electronics."

I love my Scion!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "space, look, gas economy, reliable."

Cons: "little to no insulation (sound come through easily"

"I love the car from the start. I think the outside look is unique and youthful.It's like a mini SUV, you can practically park in any little spot. It is very economic on gas. When driving in town I probably fill it up with $35 (gas prices around $3.50) and it will last up to 3 weeks. The seats are a little hard, but not uncofortable hard. The music system is good. It is spacious, with capacity of acommodating up to 5 adults. Plenty of cupholders, and space in the trunk. The only downside for me is that it has very little insolation, so if you're on a rough road you can hear/feel every single bump on the street. On long roads sometimes the wind sound is unbearable. This is a great car to have in city, not so much to be in it during long trips."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 02, 2010

"86,250 miles and still going strong! Knock on wood, no problems."

Great Car!

By on Monday, April 19, 2010

"I've had it for 2 years and just hit 73,000 miles. Great car for the gas mileage and have had (knock on wood) no problems with this car. Highly recommend this car if you're looking for a good car that runs well, get's good gas mileage and is fairly inexpensive."

I love it!

By on Monday, March 09, 2009

"I've had My XD since Sept of 07'. In that time It's never given me one problem. It handles great, It's good on gas, and It's alot roomier than it looks. I fit me, my husband, my 2 girls (with car seats), my 70lb pitbull, and a weekends worth of luggage in there with not much work. CONS: The driver's seat lacks good support for long trips, there's no arm rests, and it's not available with a roof rack (I travel alot). also Toyota has been really stingy with parts. you can't get an oil change or buy a tire without going to a dealer. it gets time consuming, But the car itself was worth every penny. And now that I'm looking on trading it in the value hasn't droped much."

Great Car for Your Hard Earned Money!

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"I read yesterday that Scion XD made the 2008 top 10 list for reliability (#9), so I decided to check the KBB value, I have a 2009 automatic and found that a 2008 with the same amount of miles I have on mine has INCREASED about $3000 from the purchase price we paid! I have been driving this car for about 2 months and I love it. It handles very well, is fun to drive, comfortable to drive, and is saving me alot of money at the gas pump. I love the windshield wipers, they wipe almost the entire windshield. I love that the rear seats fold flat. I went from driving a Jeep Cherokee to my XD and I can honestly say that the XD does not feel much smaller, plenty of leg room, head room and ample cargo space. The speed/tacometer is very cool as is the IPOD connectivity. Although I do plant to upgrade my stereo- as the controls are awkward and tempermental- I got the standard stereo it comes with. Other cons would be road noise, but it is what you would expect in this class. And truthfully is it hard to find any cons with this vehicle. Overall, this is great car and I love to drive it, love the unique style of it and the Toyot reliabiity behind it. Oh, and dare I say, CUTE!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals