2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

Highly recommended

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I test drove about 10 different cars, and researched many more. After months of dithering, I happened to see this little car and was intrigued. Two minutes into the test drive, I knew this was the car for me. Much more fun and a better 'feel' than the Fit or the Civic. Much less expensive than the Matrix. Much better mpg than the CR-V or Element. Lots of safety features standard! I wish the mileage was a tad better, as I was getting 39-40 with my Civic - but I am VERY happy with the car overall. I love driving it! And it's so cute!!"

Most dependable and fun car I've owned

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, sporty looks, great pick-up"

Cons: "no center console but aftermarket available"

"I've driven this car for close to 80k miles now and I love it! Been a trooper in the snow, plowed through 10" blizzard and got me home safely! I have the RS 1.0 model with the factory body kit and it handles like my racing kart. I have to pull out into interstate traffic every morning and it has great pickup. Up to 70mph very quickly. The handling is amazing for a car in this class, my husband thinks the steering is too sensitive but it's just quick and helps you avoid the idiots on your morning commute. I do feel a little intimidated on the highway, going from an SUV to this but with the great gas mileage, I'll deal with it! Mostly highway driving and averaging 32-35 mpg. It has all the basic features you need and I can even hook up my phone to the aux jack and talk through the stereo if I put phone on speaker. Bluetooth would be nice. Overall a great car, it is a Toyota after all!!"

exactly what we expected it to be - or better

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "cheap, fun, roomy, sporty"

Cons: "wiper switchs non-intuitive - no lights always on"

"wanted a gas miser with enough room to haul our three bird dogs around and to serve as a backup to our work cars - fits the bill exactly - is roomy enough for wife, dogs and I - even us, dogs and 8 to 10 sacks of groceries for the 10 mile trip home - I am 5' 10" and 235 lbs and am perfectly comfy in the front or rear seats. We have the manual transmission and get 35 to 39 miles per gallon on half country roads and half town streets - when on the long road we average 38 to 44 miles per gallon. It is plenty peppy and while you do hear the engine and do feel the road grooves you can park it anywhere and see well all around and it is very fun to drive - we both want to drive it over our regular full sized work car and truck - couldn't be more pleased considering what we wanted it for and and at a price barely higher than my Polaris Ranger utility vehicle. It is very satisfying to cut the oil companies out of some of those highest profits ever."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted