2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

Picked Over Fit

By on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"I honestly don't understand some of the 'negative' press on this car. I am a Honda fan, but after several test drives of the Fit and the Scion xD, we chose the Scion. The interior material was of higher quality and the feel was overall more solid. While the Fit's 5-speed manual was 'dreamy' and better than Toyota's version, the automatic trans gave a clear nod to Scion. We also loved the mini-cooper-esque styling of the xD...while not crazy about the mini minivan look of the Fit. With all the seats folded down, the cargo room is very close to Honda's competitor. It certainly has more pep with the larger engine while posting the same fuel numbers. As of now, we are averaging almost 32 mpg in mostly city driving. Lastly, the engine noise at highway speeds is much lower in the xD over the Fit and we like the higher front seating and somewhat 'German-esque' feel of the steering/handling. It can be a little bumpy over bad roads, but it's not a Lexus. Bad roads are bad roads. It handles bumps better than our 09 CRV. Overall it is a terrific, good looking, multiuse vehicle for it's class and I think it's a great value. Don't let the Honda Fit-loving press keep you from test driving this one and that from a Honda fan."

FAVORITE CAR EVER

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"I worked at enterprise for a while so I have driven almost every car out there. I own a Scion XD and it is by far the best overall compact car on the market. I love my car so much. As a previous Jeep owner (2 wranglers and a grand cherokee limited) I love having some space but living in a city I no longer needed anything rugged. I can fit my bike in the back if I fold down the seats so for a tiny car, that is impressive. It drives nicely (not much pep, but that just wastes gas anyways right?) and I love this car so much! I never want to get rid of it. Almost 2 years and 16400 miles, best car ever!"

Underrated Car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Standard options, great price & fuel mileage"

Cons: "Small spaces, no leg room"

"I bought my 2010 Scion xD with only 7 miles, and it now has over 71,000. I really do not understand why it is not rated better nor why more are not sold. I frequently make a trip that is nearly 3800 miles, round trip, and it costs me around $325 or less. I get great gas mileage in this little car, love the way it handles, and will purchase another Scion in the future, provided they have the hatchback I need."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted